A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
695 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty/Cool Shower Games that ARE NOT LAME  (Read 2494 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BabyPop
« on: May 23, 2007 04:12:48 PM »

Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bluemopitz

Crafty Library Mama

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007 04:49:22 PM »

My friend threw me a baby shower this past weekend.  She had a bunch of scrapbook supplies and had each guest design a page for a baby shower scrapbook.  She took digital pictures and is going to print some out to put on a few of the pages. 

I also brought a crafty thing with me to the shower.  I bought a bunch of plain white onesies and solid colored bibs for the guests to decorate with fabric markers and fabric paints.  Everyone made such cute things.  The craftier people got really into it, but even the non-crafty did a great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bluemopitz

Crafty Library Mama

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007 04:50:52 PM »

As this is a wedding shower, I know the baby clothes thing would not work, but maybe plain cloth napkins and a tablecloth or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Marryland

sometimes there just aren't enough rocks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007 05:04:31 PM »

I have also seen cake stands, plates, bowls etc signed at wedding showers and stag/stagette parties.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Erin -
BabyPop
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007 07:33:27 PM »

Good ideas all! Ha ha, it would be funny if we did use onesies, though. Smiley

Also - craft-related activities are great, but I was also thinking maybe of what the organizers could "craft" ahead of time to make it fun...maybe a pinata and we could fill it with ____?

The bride to be and hostess are both in library school...I wonder if there's any way that could be incorporated. We could also craft the prizes ahead of time, for people that win the games.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainylakechick
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007 12:12:22 PM »

Is this a "afternoon tea" or "bachelorette" style of bridal shower? 

If its a shower for a "Party Crowd", see my post here -->
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=140443.0
(Note, I played the twinkie game at a bridal afternoon shower, with the grandmas too, and MY mother won!!!)

As for other non-lame games, I think its fun to do the "how well do you know the couple game", where the organizer prints out a list of about 10 or 15 multiple choice questions about the bride & groom, and the winner to get the closest number right gets a prize.  I've played that game where its lame, but if the right questions are asked (especially if ia question involves "the deed"), it can be hilarious. 

I know this is an oldie, but I love the clothespin game!  Each guest gets three clothespins when the shower starts, and each guest is banned from saying three words, like Grooms_Name, wedding, and honeymoon.  If someone says that word, you get one of their clothespins.  The person at the end with the most pins, wins!  I'm not that into the game, but I get a kick out of those hard core players! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bluemopitz

Crafty Library Mama

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007 03:54:57 PM »

This isn't really a "crafty" thing, but might be a good prize for future-librarians.  I work at a library and I know the staff here have gotten a kick out of them. http://www.mcphee.com/items/11696.html Librarian temporary tattoos!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mdeal
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007 01:05:31 PM »

I was just at a shower where all but one of the gifts were lingerie.  There was a game where everyone split up into groups of three or four and were assigned a few of the lingerie gifts to name.  The idea was to come up with creative, funny names for each of the lingerie sets so the husband had sort of a "menu" to choose from on the honeymoon.  All the groups were given a list of adjectives to help them with naming the lingerie.  Then everyone shared what they named the lingerie.  Some of the names the guests came up with were "let's play ball!" (for a black pinstriped bra and panties) and "spring fling" (for a flowery piece.)  As a guest, it was pretty fun.  All of the guests were in their twenties, but I think this game can work for anyone.

There was another game we played while the future bride opened her gifts.  A piece of paper was passed around to the guests while they watched her open the gifts.  The goal was to create a poem about the bride and groom.  The first person wrote one line to start the poem and passed it to the next guest.  That guest wrote the next line, then folded the paper back to hide the line before theirs, and passed it to the next guest so that they could only see the line that the person before them wrote, and so on.  Every time someone wrote a line, they could only see the line that was written by the person before them, and every time someone wrote a line, they folded back the paper so the next person could only see the line that they wrote.  The result was a pretty funny poem that the bride kept to save as a memento from the party.

I hope these games make sense.  Let me know if they don't!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
all cut up
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007 01:20:27 PM »

Here are two crafty prizes to make with old books from yard sales.

1) If the books are missing pages, tear the rest out and staple in clean white pages to make notebooks.

2)  For larger thicker hard cover books (old text books are great.  Cut out the middle of the pages leaving a one inch border around the edge.  Glue all the pages together and to the back cover.  This turns the book into a box to store things in.  You put in on your bookshelf and no one would ever guess!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mccartrc
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007 07:55:39 PM »

so you guys are genius!  I have been trying to figure out what kind of bridal shower to throw my little sister - something that is pretty traditional while still being fun and all the while finding a way to somehow tease/embarrass her.  (something that she won't get mad at or be offended)  And after reading this I have decided that I am going to throw a mock baby shower.  Tell the guests to go to the thrift store or come up with some cheap baby gift to give her as a gag (and also of course give her a real gift).  They can all come in saying "oh, did we miss a step?" and then our game/entertainment can be decorating white onesies and burp cloths.  At least then they can use the cloths as towels or something after the wedding, and I have something to entertain 20 aunts and great-aunts!  Maybe then we could vote on the best for a prize?
I think this would be a great idea for my jokester family. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Strawberry-Jam Hand Pie Recipe
Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Pound Cake Recipe
Are Double Stuff Oreos Really Double The Cream?
90 Second Java Mocha Shortbread Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...