A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,633
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: light n lively tank  (Read 56611 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mintyfreshmangos
Eater of Jelly Beans, Savor of Gummy Bears.

Confused, 64% of the time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #660 on: June 21, 2008 05:38:55 PM »

Thanks Tenille, Tiel and Kookaloo_Starr! XD After rereading the pattern over and over I finally got it!

I finished the back panel, straps and front joining and I was on the last few rounds of the bodice. I switched to a F hook half way through the bodice and I decided I didn't like so now I'm redoing half of the bodice. ><

I love how your's is turning out Tiel! I didn't even think of mixing colors! Mine is made out of deep red yarn I get at a nearby dollar store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #661 on: June 21, 2008 07:52:35 PM »

I don't have that brand over here  Roll Eyes

Where is over here?  I don't get much selection where I am.  Have a Walmart, not Super Walmart yet.  They are also doing away with most of the craft section.  To go to a real craft store I have to travel 1 1/2 hrs Mobile, Al or Pensacola, FL.

England   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Tiel
« Reply #662 on: June 23, 2008 04:39:27 PM »

Well,  Kookaloo_Starr and mintyfreshmangos,

I've finally finshed the top.  My husband says I can not wear it outside the house without a shirt.  Now, I wonder why?  I had to do alot of modifications that I've never done before.  The triangles I added extra rows for coverage, then I had to had to decrease when going across the triangles starting the bodice.  Also, For some reason my stitches did not look right when starting the bodice.  I made a drawstring to make it a little tighter.  However, not sure if I really like the drawstring.  I might have to make them shorter.  Decided to crochet a simple flower instead of buttons.  I like the way it turned out.  However the cleavage thing is a little to much.  So, I will have to go shopping for a shirt to wear underneath.  That is going to kill me deeply. 

Please excuse the hair.  I wear a hat at work so I have hat hair.  Usually I don't let my head show.  I crop it out.

Kookaloo_Starr- My sister and nieces live in Westchester/Winchester.  Not sure of the spelling.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not the brightest crayon in the box.
Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #663 on: June 23, 2008 10:08:31 PM »

I always wear something under mine too even though I added around a billion extra rows to the cups  and threaded elastic through the bodice.
I like the addition of the flowers instead of buttons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Tiel
« Reply #664 on: June 24, 2008 03:28:36 PM »

I thought about elastic and then went with a drawstring.  Looked at buttons and could not find anything that said but me.  Also, they wanted more for two buttons then I paid for the whole outfit.  I also wanted to learn how to make a flower.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not the brightest crayon in the box.
evilsarah
« Reply #665 on: July 20, 2008 10:46:31 PM »

I just started this today. I have one more row on my second boobie cup and then I'm done for the night. I made one bra triangle, and it was kind of wonky, but then I made the second and it was like perfect...so I had to frog the first one  Sad

I ended up using a d hook. I tried the g, but my gauge was WAY off... so then I went one smaller and it was still kind of off...I didn't have an E...so D it was, and I'm liking the result so far. The stitching might actually be tight enough to ware it alone Shocked

Anyway...I'll post pictures...um...in years from now when I get around to it, because I'm so bad at posting pictures for some reason.

No really though, I'll try.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

icephoenix
« Reply #666 on: July 22, 2008 01:40:16 PM »

I think I'm on my 4th week with this - just because I don't have time - baby, work, etc. but if you read the entire thread - the pattern is off to begin with so most people end up with completely modified versions for themselves Smiley just hang in there and start measuring it up to yourself while you are making it before getting too far ahead w/it being too big or small.  I used a larger cup size, but i took off 25 stitches for the body piece and created my own fan increases to match the stitches I took away Wink  A lot of people have also indicated they stopped increasing half way through the body pattern because they wanted a closer/tighter fit/look.

Enjoy Cheesy  I'll have a finished product... eventually hehehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #667 on: July 22, 2008 01:44:55 PM »

Instead of increasing stitches I used progressively larger hooks  Smiley The bits where I did increases didn't look right, it was one of my first proper crochet projects though
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in '14
evilsarah
« Reply #668 on: July 23, 2008 11:56:44 PM »

HERES MY BOOBIE CUPS!

Now for the hard part  Undecided

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ladie Bumbles

In my first completed project

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 27, 2008 09:20:21 AM »

They look great!

I finally just frogged mine on Thursday.  I'm making a baby blanket instead.  It was way to heavy (light? not!) and I didn't like how wide it was getting.  Oh well! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ways To Use Coconut Oil in Your Beauty Regimen
Need to Know: In Style Sneakers, The Moth, and iTunes Music Festival
How To Apply Blush For Your Face Shape
Pumpkin Palooza: Hottest Beauty Products For Fall
Tips For Lasting Makeup and Fall Hair Colors
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...