A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,750
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IK Josephine-along  (Read 9807 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Madeleine09
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2007 04:33:49 PM »

I am still chugging along on this. Doing it in the round makes it seem so slow, but I know it will be worth once I am done with the lace part and the top goes by fast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rjbell
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2007 08:21:29 PM »

I'm still waiting on the yarn I ordered from Knit Picks.  I'm hoping it comes soon.  I really want to get started on this project before I get caught up with something else.  I have a bunch of other projects I want to do, but I want to do this one first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---Rhonda
I'm moving to Seattle!  PM me if you know about knitting groups there! Or a favorite yarn store!
Knitting News Cast Podcast
My Knitting Blog
rjbell
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2007 03:26:56 PM »

Yeah!  My package from KnitPicks arrived today.  I ordered Shine Worsted which is a Cotton/Modal(what exactly is modal?!?!) in Willow.

I'm hoping to do a gauge swatch tonight so I can get started on the sweater soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---Rhonda
I'm moving to Seattle!  PM me if you know about knitting groups there! Or a favorite yarn store!
My Knitting Blog
rjbell
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2007 07:18:11 PM »

I got my yarn for this top last week.  So far I've knitted two of the pattern repeats of the rib/lace.  I'm usin Knit Pick Shine Sport.  The color is Willow. 

I couldn't get my gauge to the suggest one so I changed the pattern to match mine.

I can't decided if I like the right side with the reverse stockinette showing mostly between the lace panels:

or the wrong side, that shows stockinette v's.

I may just go with the wrong side as being my right side!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---Rhonda
My Knitting Blog
*k*
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2007 06:26:20 AM »

Hope no one minds me joining this KAL.  I finally finished knitting my Orangina last night, so I'm ready for a new project. 

The Karabella Vintage cotton looks gorgeous, but I'm planning to use chocolate-colored Hempathy (34% Hemp, 41% Cotton, 25% Modal) since I have the perfect amount in my stash.  I haven't gauge swatched yet, but I think it should work out decently.

I have a stupid question:  I've only skimmed the pattern so far, but all I see is "using larger needles..."  Where are the smaller needles used?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Star217
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2007 07:44:33 AM »

To finish the pattern you have to pick up like a million stitches to finish the neckline and bottom of the top. The smaller needles are used for this step.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Unable to leave good enough alone!
My Store
http://stickyfingers.etsy.com

My Blog
http://stickyfingerscrafts.blogspot.com
Safetyfox
Neither safe, nor a fox.

Im in yr grden, drinkin yr beerz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2007 08:25:25 AM »

I'd been wondering about the smaller needles too. Thanks for clearing that up!

I've finished the back of mine and I'm about 1 repeat into the front. I'm enjoying the pattern but I'm making the second-biggest size and each row seems to take for ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wait a minute, where's me jumper? On Ravelry of course.

Infrequently updated blog: safetyfox.blogspot. com
*k*
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2007 06:54:04 PM »

I started mine this weekend but had to rip it out after realizing that my gauge was a bit too loose.  So I've re-started with smaller needles and I seem to be right on track now.  I'm really liking the Hempathy for this pattern.  And so far it seems much kinder to my fingers than the Jaeger Sienna I just finished making Orangina with.

Is anyone else having trouble maneuvering the YOs followed directly by SSK? 

I guess I usually pull a bit at the fabric to help get the needle into the slipped stitches of the SSK, but if I try to do this, my YO slips out of place.  I've been trying to hold the YO in place with my finger while doing the SSK, but I'm just not dexterous enough to do it all at the same time comfortably.  I somehow managed to lose one of my YOs and didn't realize until I was on the next row and had to go back...

It's looking like this will take a while.  Hopefully I'll finish while it's still warm enough to wear.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rjbell
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2007 05:20:25 AM »

Is anyone else having trouble maneuvering the YOs followed directly by SSK? 
Are you knitting Continetal or English?  I didn't have much trouble with it knitting Continetal once I figured out I had to hold down the YO with my right index finger while I did the SSK.  But if you are knitting English, I can imagine it would be more difficult.

I've started knitting the part above the eyelets.  I'm having to knit more rows to the armhole then suggested in the pattern because otherwise the eyelet row would sit on my bust rather then below it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---Rhonda
My Knitting Blog
Safetyfox
Neither safe, nor a fox.

Im in yr grden, drinkin yr beerz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2007 05:31:12 AM »

Hmm I'm knitting it English and haven't had any trouble with the YO / SSK combination, which makes me think I might be doing it wrong Cheesy

I got as far as the end of the 4th pattern repeat on the front before I realised I'd forgotten to do the first set of decreases. Gaargh!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wait a minute, where's me jumper? On Ravelry of course.

Infrequently updated blog: safetyfox.blogspot. com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Portrait Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for People-in-Landscape Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Panoramic Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Night Portrait Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Night Landscape Scene
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...