A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,720
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IK Josephine-along  (Read 10339 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

*k*
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2007 10:26:36 AM »

Are you knitting Continetal or English?  I didn't have much trouble with it knitting Continetal once I figured out I had to hold down the YO with my right index finger while I did the SSK.  But if you are knitting English, I can imagine it would be more difficult.

I've started knitting the part above the eyelets.  I'm having to knit more rows to the armhole then suggested in the pattern because otherwise the eyelet row would sit on my bust rather then below it.

I knit Continental.  Hopefully I'll have less trouble once I get a little farther and get used to holding the YO in place.  I lost another one last night.  Still not sure what I'm doing to cause this to happen, but have decided to be more careful about counting my stitches after finishing each lace section.  I'm starting to wonder if I've just gone completely jelly-brained and forgot to do these YOs in the first place...

I was also thinking about adding more rows before starting the armhole to prevent the mid-bust eyelets, but I haven't decided yet how much to add.  I was thinking at least an inch.  I'm not super busty, but I could definately see this project having an issue here.

Have you figured out how much you'll be adding?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rjbell
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2007 05:18:52 AM »

I was also thinking about adding more rows before starting the armhole to prevent the mid-bust eyelets, but I haven't decided yet how much to add.  I was thinking at least an inch.  I'm not super busty, but I could definately see this project having an issue here.

Have you figured out how much you'll be adding?

I added about 2 or 3 inches, but I'm going to frog it, not because of that but because I messed up on the decreases on the v-neck.  And I'm having a hard time keeping up with when to decrease on the v-neck, do the texture row, and when to decrease for the armholes.  I think I'm going to write it out, row by row so that I don't keep messing up!  All the *'s and []'s get me really confused sometimes!  Especially when they are paired with "at the same time...."!   Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---Rhonda
I'm moving to Seattle!  PM me if you know about knitting groups there! Or a favorite yarn store!
Knitting News Cast Podcast
My Knitting Blog
MedNewbie
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2007 10:31:32 AM »

I am almost done with mine... so I am a little late for the knitalong.  I just have to all the picking up stitches part... which I am not looking forward to.  I added about 2 inches before starting the armholes to avoid the scenario of having the tie be right along my bust, because I think that looks REALLY bad.  Now that I have it seamed, it fits ok, and I am happy with it.  Just have to pick up all those stitches, which will hopefully get done this weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Madeleine09
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2007 04:14:48 PM »

I am setting a date of being done with this by the 19th. I am going to the MI Fiber Festival then and want to wear it there.

Ok here goes....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Safetyfox
Neither safe, nor a fox.

Im in yr grden, drinkin yr beerz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2007 05:42:55 AM »

I finished my Josephine! It's my first successful adult sweater and I'm very pleased with the way it came out. I decided to use ribbon instead of making cord because I don't think I had enough yarn left over. Here are a couple of action shots:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wait a minute, where's me jumper? On Ravelry of course.

Infrequently updated blog: safetyfox.blogspot.com
Mienna
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2007 06:47:12 AM »

Very pretty, I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2007 05:28:59 PM »

Wow, that looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Safetyfox
Neither safe, nor a fox.

Im in yr grden, drinkin yr beerz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2007 01:24:16 AM »

Thanks guys Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wait a minute, where's me jumper? On Ravelry of course.

Infrequently updated blog: safetyfox.blogspot.com
*k*
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2008 02:54:42 PM »

I know this is a really old thread, but I finally have pics of my finished Josephine top!  It was completed some time last fall but didn't get its first wear until a few weeks ago.  I love the way it turned out and am very happy with my yarn sub, Hempathy.  This is definitely my favorite FO so far.

I didn't really make any modifications.  I had planned to add extra length to the bodice to lower the eyelets, but I decided not to since my lace section turned out a couple inches longer due to row gauge.  I didn't want it to turn into a dress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spicy Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup Recipe
How to Make Easy Japanese Rice Balls with Traditional Asian Fillings
Asian Style Aubergine Burger Recipe
How to Make Authentic Tandoori Chicken
Quick and Easy Thai Peanut Sauce Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...