A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,080
Currently Running With Scissors:
800 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Card Skirt from Adorn Magazine  (Read 2640 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LuluB
« on: May 22, 2007 03:12:38 PM »

hi all!

just wanted to share this project with all my craftsters!  it's in the latest issue of adorn magazine (www.adornmag.com).  they gave me the skirt told me it was a  travel theme and told me to have at it!  so this is what i came up with:

and close up:

their pictures are much better than mine!  sadly i am not model small and had to wait til the magazine came out to see it on a person. . . but i really want to make a version for myself!  i think it came out very marie claire idees. . .

the patterns are all in the issue.  if anyone decides to make it i'd love to see your version!

thanks for looking,
erika
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FIFI

It's useful being top banana in the shock dept.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007 05:59:58 PM »

oh, how cute! I want to make myself one now. One more thing to add to the "to do" list. Thanks for the inspiration.
Fifi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GhostAcademy
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007 08:01:58 PM »

Hey, I saw that in Adorn and thought it was cute!  I didn't realize you did it.  The little islands are my favorite part  Smiley

As a side note...  I'm in that issue of Adorn too, in the article about crafty weddings! Yay for craftster and Adorn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I read your manifestos and strange religious tracts.  You took me to your library and kissed me in the stacks.

http://www.ghostacademy.blogspot.com  http://www.onfirewithfireflies.blogspot.com
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007 08:18:11 PM »

Oh! Now I have to go pick up that issue. I kinda, sorta, not really know somone famous Cheesy. Awesome, beautiful job as usual.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chrissiemags
Chrissie's Custom Creations

Is there such a thing as too much fabric or ribbon

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007 08:34:11 PM »

OMG, I got Adorn as part of my Mother's day gift...who would have known that that came from a crafster member!  Whoo hoo!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chrissie's Custom Creations
~Offering Laser Cut Scrapbook Embellishments~ Trendy & Classic Hair Accessories~ Cute as Can be Bottle Cap Images~Bottle Cap Jewelry
LuluB
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007 08:47:09 PM »

Hey, I saw that in Adorn and thought it was cute!  I didn't realize you did it.  The little islands are my favorite part  Smiley

As a side note...  I'm in that issue of Adorn too, in the article about crafty weddings! Yay for craftster and Adorn!

i loved the weddings bit!  made me long for one of my own. . . alas. . . unless i plan on marrying a bolt of felt or a box of embroidery floss. . .

which crafty wedding are you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GhostAcademy
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007 10:03:04 PM »

i loved the weddings bit!  made me long for one of my own. . . alas. . . unless i plan on marrying a bolt of felt or a box of embroidery floss. . .

which crafty wedding are you?

Megan and Matthew Gray (or if you click on my craftster profile, I have my bouquet and invitations under my favorite crafts).

I checked on your project and didn't see your name credited.  But then I realized that means you probably got paid for your submission  Grin yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I read your manifestos and strange religious tracts.  You took me to your library and kissed me in the stacks.

http://www.ghostacademy.blogspot.com  http://www.onfirewithfireflies.blogspot.com
LuluB
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007 05:26:43 AM »

Megan and Matthew Gray (or if you click on my craftster profile, I have my bouquet and invitations under my favorite crafts).

I checked on your project and didn't see your name credited.  But then I realized that means you probably got paid for your submission  Grin yay!

adorable!

yeah. . . there's a credit with the how to on the next page (designer erika kern, yea).  my mom was all sad i didn't get on the contributors page.  she was all "where's your picture this time?"  hee hee. . . moms. . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GhostAcademy
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007 01:41:24 PM »

ooh, I wish you'd been on the contributors page with a picture and a blurb.  I would have been so excited when I realized it was you!  It's still super awesome, though.  As is having your mom be giddy and proud of you when you're an adult  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hoyan
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007 01:45:16 PM »

wow! sooooo cute! i was thinking, if you put a little bit of rick-rack right at the hem it would look like the old ridged edges on postage stamps Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Il faut cultivar notre jardin.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Muticolor Shatter Nail Mani Tutorial
How to Apply Foundation the Right Way
How to Get a Pretty Bronze Eye
Snookie Makeup Tutorial for Halloween!
Bumble Bee Halloween Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...