A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,389
Currently Running With Scissors:
754 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hogwarts Favorite House Swap Round 2  (Read 19645 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , harry_potter_swap_gallery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissTee_2

Harry Potter is Love.....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2007 08:29:24 AM »

OMG..Superhooker... .That Afghan is amazing! I want one! NOOO..I want a gryffindor one!

And that gryffindor crochet bag! That is so awesome!

Ok kiddies..Here is my stuff....

I got...

A superfluffy Crocheted Pillow with some embroidery, A felt notebook with the bestest paper inside with little stars, a awesome painted frame with gryffindor colors, a cute purse, and a pair of earrings that are so cute! THANKS sweet_slyvia! I love it all!

She did give me things that I can use! That is what I always want when I swap!

YAY for HP!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2007 08:36:36 AM »

Great stuff MissTee!  I think your whole house must be red and gold!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
MissTee_2

Harry Potter is Love.....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2007 08:43:08 AM »

SUperhooker, actually my whole craft room is Gryffindor themed it seems! I know, I do so many of these swaps!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly
dyanemcs
Crafty Hippy-Witch

Mmmmm. Crafts.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2007 10:02:43 AM »

Everyone has received such neat stuff so far, I can't wait to see the rest of it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sweet_Sylvia
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2007 02:40:02 PM »

I am so glad you liked your things!! I had such a good good fun time making everything! I can't wait to receive! ^_^ Although I might be leaving for AZ on Sunday so if it doesn't come today I will have to wait until the 9th. T_T poo So yeah Maybe I hope not though it all depends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

just_gemz

It's raining sunshine.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2007 04:31:18 AM »

WOW everyone got such great stuff
I love the lionn.
I didn't even know there was a gallery hehe silly me
I want a Weasley is my King keychain !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SeeMe

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2007 07:24:18 PM »

Toriaa and I just swapped today! (we met up in person) and you know what? I have you all beat. I got the coolest partner ever.

Why do I have the coolest partner ever? Well, we decided to meet up. Which meant, what? NO SHIPPING RESTRICTIONS!!!!!1omgponies
. Now, I might have gone a little mad with this freedom, but she went absolutley NUTS.

A broomstick. An actual, really big broomstick!

Cat and tree included for scale. The tree is about six feet tall. The cat is not. Not only that, but since I told Toriaa that I'm scared of heights, a little "muggle potion" was included to help me overcome that.

There's a big ol' story behind all of this (Toriaa was so damn creative! I felt like running away and coming back later with much more, much cooler stuff!), but it's... of a delicate nature.  Not of a delicate nature is how shocked i was to find it was actually mine! I thought it was just Toriaa's way of getting noticed! (trust me, when you walk into a coffee shop with a broom, you get noticed!) And, lol, how our neighbours reacted when I (just finished taking pictures of the broom) crossed the street to check the mail! The uber conservative reformed Dutch lady across the street nearly hit her mailbox with her car, she was staring at me so hard!

But that's not all. Lord no, that's not all!

A crocheted bag! With the Dark Mark on it! (one can never have too much Dark Mark stuff.) And it's so cool, the little snake coming out of the Skull's mouth is the handle! It's really neat--she even sewed in a lining (!!) and the button is to die for. shiny. shiny.

Now, the next stuff, I had to work for. (It was part of the sort-of roleplaying we ended up doing!) I had to perform magic for her. Of course,  I couldn't just pull out my wand and really wow her. And the silly little Muggle Magic things that Severus (again, sort-of roleplaying, here!) were... well, confusing. The directions are tiny!! (those aren't the directions, that's Snape's letter to me.)

So I ended up doing the lame "Pulled off the tip of my thumb" trick, and Toriaa was satisfied, and emptied her pockets. (Which were in her shirt... it was... it was kind of odd.)

Here they are:

I love them all. I'm going to use that pin all the time! And the two snake pendants... I was reallyshocked to get those! For those of you who don't know, they're based off of Auryn, the magic necklace from Neverending Story. I think I might have squeed inside. (I know I bragged to my mom about it; "Look! I got Auryn!") Also, Auryn is on my wist! I was like, eee!

Just to show them off, I put them on the Mardi Gras beads I also got.  These are really lovely too-- the thread they're on is actually silver. I didn't even notice that until I got home!  (her friend asked her how she got the beads. Me, I wanted to know how Snape got the beads!!)

Here's a groupshot of eveything that wasn't the boom: 

And last, but certianly not least, is this adorable little snake. He's made out of felt (which always impresses me-- how on earth do you hide your stitches like ya did!?)

This was just sooo much fun to do!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007 11:12:52 AM by SeeMe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog Wist
Would like to swap for broken (torn) dollar bills! I have an idea and don't want to use "good" money!
"They aleady have a soda like that. It's called Soylent Cola."
"How is it?"
"Eh, varies from person to perso
stitch and stones
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2007 07:43:27 PM »

Hm. i can't wait to see this broomstick in question...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap hungry- send me a yummy PM.

http://www.pinterest.com/amberburrr/

although imperfect, love is real, and it is balled up next to you smiling and rubbing sleep from its eyes. -the raintree
nevermore
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2007 01:52:54 PM »

I just got the best swap package ever in the mail today.  It made it here safe and sound from Australia, despite a misspelling in the address.  Tanza (witch in Herbology training) made me some great stuff!

Firstly, my Raven(s)claw lap quilt (apparently, the house elf she has for embroidering things is an atrocious speller -  Cheesy).  It's about 3 feet by 2 and a half feet - just right for covering up my legs.

Full picture

I don't know if you can see it, but alternating squares are embroidered with quotes from Gilderoy Lockhart and the Weasly Twins, including a couple of my favorites ("Give her hell from us Peeves").  Also, there are Potterpuff characters embroidered on and a bunch of other things (the Dark Mark).  The other squares are from Hogwarts crest fabric, and stars and moons.

Close ups of my favorite patches

and (like the quilt wasn't enough), there is a Ravenclaw Quidditch team shirt for me (Chaser, #17).  It's fantastic.

Flat

Action Shot (which was difficult - as I don't have a full mirror in the house, only a half mirror in the bathroom).

Also, we did a side-swap, where I got some cloth pads, which I neglected to take a picture of (and which are not Ravenclaw themed), which I'm also super excited to try out (but it'll have to wait a month or so).

Thank you so much Tanza!  I love everything!  You're my hero forever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Etsy Shop - http://www.nevermore.etsy.com
toriaa

my friends are yours

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2007 02:27:33 PM »

Well, we decided to meet up. Which meant, what? NO SHIPPING RESTRICTIONS!!!!!1omgponies
. Now, I might have gone a little mad with this freedom, but she went absolutley NUTS.

haha I couldn't help myself! i thought, "NO SHIPPING... MUST MAKE SOMETHING HUGE!!!!" and that was that. it had to be a broomstick. i made my housemates go "stick hunting" with me in the woods next to my house, muahahaha. it didn't even take very long, but it was MESSY (i still have remnants of the UBER-sticky glue on my hands... and possibly in my hair lol).

This was just sooo much fun to do!

I AGREE! Ladies and gentlemen (are there any guys in this swap??), I received the most FABULOUS package from SeeMe. Prepare to be amazed...

Group shot:

I asked for a bookmark, and BOY did I get bookmarks! These are so beautiful and delicate:

Hand-dyed yarn! I wish I could do this:

I got a new owl to take to school! His name is Archibald and he will deliver my post... but nothing too heavy, of course:

Archibald, hangin' out with his friends:

HP pencils (one of which I have already put into action) and trading cards (redeemable for quidditch lessons and a Nimbus Two Thousand!):

Last but most certainly not least, my favourite item, the Ravenclaw scarf (!!!!) that is actually long enough for me:

K for Keeper of the quidditch team!  Cool

Laid out on my bed:

Detail on the K:

And in case your computer wasn't already exploding from all my pictures... we swapped in person! It was awesome!

Me (excuse vacant expression):

SeeMe (Republicans for Voldemort LOLOLOLOL!):

HURRAY! I love all my stuff, thank you SO MUCH, SeeMe! It was awesome swapping with you.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007 02:33:43 PM by toriaa » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Matchstick Men Serve as Art
"The Bay Lights" Transforms San Francisco Skyline
Artist Jodi Harvey-Brown Creates Sculptures Inside Books
Brooklyn Artist Creates Light Bulb Headed Sculptures
An Artist Creates Balancing Sculptures Using Stones
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...