A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,734
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Recon for summer  (Read 20313 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jatoha
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007 05:35:13 AM »

Wow, this brings back memories!!  I used to do the same thing with polo shirts & t-shirts for my little guy.  (he's 11 now!)  I would just buy size 6x or 7 shirts and sew snaps on the bottom hem for the crotch.

I never thought of doing it with a button up shirt, that looks very dapper!  Your little guy is a Q-T!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007 07:46:31 AM »

This is really clever and looks very cute on him! What a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
anitasplace

Monkey #1 as seen by Monkey #2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007 09:22:24 AM »

Wow, this brings back memories!!  I used to do the same thing with polo shirts & t-shirts for my little guy.  (he's 11 now!)  I would just buy size 6x or 7 shirts and sew snaps on the bottom hem for the crotch.

I never thought of doing it with a button up shirt, that looks very dapper!  Your little guy is a Q-T!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Back in the recesses of my mind there lies a repressed memory of a 15 year old me sitting behind a sewing machine turning little t-shirts into littler rompers for my prego sister.  I was her sweat shop.   Cheesy

Thought I would add some pics of the first one I made.  I finally got photos of him in it.  It doesn't fit as well as the blue one because I took the sides in to much and I left very little ease (?) in the arms.  Also cropped the crotch to high.  He'll be able to wear it for a while.  Thinking about adding a strip of orange in the crotch to make it a better fit!

Oreo always gets into the pics.

Close-up, because he is just so cute!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

tip-toeing though the pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007 11:05:26 AM »

Ah, the orange is great too, although it does put me in mind of a traffic cone. 

Back in the recesses of my mind there lies a repressed memory of a 15 year old me sitting behind a sewing machine turning little t-shirts into littler rompers for my prego sister.  I was her sweat shop.   

I have an intention to exploit my 17 yr old sister this summer in a similar manner.  Since I'm almost certain that it didn't damage you much  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

apixiegrl
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007 11:13:25 AM »

totally adorable.. !!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MarysMom
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007 11:16:28 AM »

Its adorable casual enough for everyday but dressy enough for something like church. I might have to try this with some tee's for my monkey.

Oh and BTW, I dont think 4 is too old to wear something like this at all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shoegazer
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007 12:55:05 PM »

I am a little challanged when it comes to sewing. Do you think it would be too much to add a tut? I think I would need a little help (like seeing a visual image of how you shaped the crotch) before I attempted to do this on my own. Its a great idea, and a fun way to recycle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anitasplace

Monkey #1 as seen by Monkey #2

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007 01:07:02 PM »

Ah, the orange is great too, although it does put me in mind of a traffic cone. 

Back in the recesses of my mind there lies a repressed memory of a 15 year old me sitting behind a sewing machine turning little t-shirts into littler rompers for my prego sister.  I was her sweat shop.  

I have an intention to exploit my 17 yr old sister this summer in a similar manner.  Since I'm almost certain that it didn't damage you much  Cheesy

Well...I didn't sew again for 17 years!  Always new I could, just couldn't bring my self to lay out the pattern, pin, cut, pin...you know!  Repressed memories and all!  Yet another reason I like recons so much, no pattern!!!

I am a little challenged when it comes to sewing. Do you think it would be too much to add a tut? I think I would need a little help (like seeing a visual image of how you shaped the crotch) before I attempted to do this on my own. Its a great idea, and a fun way to recycle!

About a tute, I'm quite computer illiterate!  Give me a couple of hours and I will see what I can come up with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007 03:22:14 PM »

Even if you ARE computer illiterate (which I doubt), you are a GENIUS! This is an adorable adaptation!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dottyspots
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007 03:38:26 PM »

What a great idea!  He looks fabulous in it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Newborns Part 8/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Newborns Part 3/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Newborns Part 11/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Newborns Part 1/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Newborns Part 2/11
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...