A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Recon for summer  (Read 20184 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jatoha
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007 05:35:13 AM »

Wow, this brings back memories!!  I used to do the same thing with polo shirts & t-shirts for my little guy.  (he's 11 now!)  I would just buy size 6x or 7 shirts and sew snaps on the bottom hem for the crotch.

I never thought of doing it with a button up shirt, that looks very dapper!  Your little guy is a Q-T!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007 07:46:31 AM »

This is really clever and looks very cute on him! What a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
anitasplace

Monkey #1 as seen by Monkey #2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007 09:22:24 AM »

Wow, this brings back memories!!  I used to do the same thing with polo shirts & t-shirts for my little guy.  (he's 11 now!)  I would just buy size 6x or 7 shirts and sew snaps on the bottom hem for the crotch.

I never thought of doing it with a button up shirt, that looks very dapper!  Your little guy is a Q-T!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Back in the recesses of my mind there lies a repressed memory of a 15 year old me sitting behind a sewing machine turning little t-shirts into littler rompers for my prego sister.  I was her sweat shop.   Cheesy

Thought I would add some pics of the first one I made.  I finally got photos of him in it.  It doesn't fit as well as the blue one because I took the sides in to much and I left very little ease (?) in the arms.  Also cropped the crotch to high.  He'll be able to wear it for a while.  Thinking about adding a strip of orange in the crotch to make it a better fit!

Oreo always gets into the pics.

Close-up, because he is just so cute!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

tip-toeing though the pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007 11:05:26 AM »

Ah, the orange is great too, although it does put me in mind of a traffic cone. 

Back in the recesses of my mind there lies a repressed memory of a 15 year old me sitting behind a sewing machine turning little t-shirts into littler rompers for my prego sister.  I was her sweat shop.   

I have an intention to exploit my 17 yr old sister this summer in a similar manner.  Since I'm almost certain that it didn't damage you much  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

apixiegrl
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007 11:13:25 AM »

totally adorable.. !!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MarysMom
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007 11:16:28 AM »

Its adorable casual enough for everyday but dressy enough for something like church. I might have to try this with some tee's for my monkey.

Oh and BTW, I dont think 4 is too old to wear something like this at all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shoegazer
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007 12:55:05 PM »

I am a little challanged when it comes to sewing. Do you think it would be too much to add a tut? I think I would need a little help (like seeing a visual image of how you shaped the crotch) before I attempted to do this on my own. Its a great idea, and a fun way to recycle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anitasplace

Monkey #1 as seen by Monkey #2

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007 01:07:02 PM »

Ah, the orange is great too, although it does put me in mind of a traffic cone. 

Back in the recesses of my mind there lies a repressed memory of a 15 year old me sitting behind a sewing machine turning little t-shirts into littler rompers for my prego sister.  I was her sweat shop.  

I have an intention to exploit my 17 yr old sister this summer in a similar manner.  Since I'm almost certain that it didn't damage you much  Cheesy

Well...I didn't sew again for 17 years!  Always new I could, just couldn't bring my self to lay out the pattern, pin, cut, pin...you know!  Repressed memories and all!  Yet another reason I like recons so much, no pattern!!!

I am a little challenged when it comes to sewing. Do you think it would be too much to add a tut? I think I would need a little help (like seeing a visual image of how you shaped the crotch) before I attempted to do this on my own. Its a great idea, and a fun way to recycle!

About a tute, I'm quite computer illiterate!  Give me a couple of hours and I will see what I can come up with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007 03:22:14 PM »

Even if you ARE computer illiterate (which I doubt), you are a GENIUS! This is an adorable adaptation!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dottyspots
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007 03:38:26 PM »

What a great idea!  He looks fabulous in it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Build a Bookcase
How to Build a Bunk Bed
How to Build a Marble Roller Coaster
How to Dye Fabric
How to Dye Leather
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...