A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,188
Currently Running With Scissors:
684 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chinese Newspapers!  (Read 2135 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« on: November 14, 2004 08:05:52 AM »

I went out to eat at a local Chinese resturant and decided to look in the attatched market. Well, it was full of Chinese foods that I couldn't read since most of the labels were in Chinese characters! No one in there really spoke English, either, so I decided to not buy any of the Chinese candies.... I never eat things if I don't know what it's called and what's in it. On my way out, I saw a stack of Chinese newpapers. I figured they were free since they were in between two doors... that's usually where buisnesses stash the free papers. So, I picked two of them up and have yet to find a good use. I was thinking of wrapping some gifts in chinese newsprint along with a food carton and a fortune cookie. So anyway, any other crafty suggestions would be greatly welcomed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dani24

I am so smart! S-M-R-T....oops! I mean S-M-A-R-T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004 08:12:09 AM »

You could use them for decoupaging onto something.  Or you could shred them into strips for packaging material.  Cover a notebook with it.  Use sections with really small print to make paper beads, or paper stars.  Cover a picture frame with it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xmelinda
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2004 08:33:16 AM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=13615.0

Melinda  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
shanola2789

Trampobics, it's the new craze :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004 09:48:02 AM »

I covered one of my binders w. chinese newspaper.. and I added two lil origami hearts.  Then I covered it with clear packing tape.  Tons of compliments @ school Smiley

<3 Shannon
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be uber creative, the world will love you.
LoveLenon
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004 12:06:27 PM »

Wall Paper! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
atlascoughed

Sometimes I don't make anything but a mess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2004 07:56:34 AM »

Oooh... looking at this has given me an idea.... how rad would it be to make an obi from this? (Obi= the "belt" on a kimono) I think I've just been staring at my (obi-less) kimono for too long...

How about using packing tape to make a belt? or a bracelet, or choker? hair bows? Might be cute if you're into EGL style....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anything I can reach I do myself.

Una Luna on Etsy. Home of the Alphacreatures!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5443049

Diary of the Long Winded as AtlasCoughed on LJ: http://atlascoughed.livejournal.com/
hoda s.
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005 01:27:32 AM »

i saw a beautiful project on this site:
www.eco-artware.com
the idea ia to decoupage the base of the lamp with chinese newspapers, i have the picture of it saved in my computer, i will put it at the end of the my reply.
i have another nice idea (i think i saw it on a website named: www bhg.com
, get a piece of blackpaper then cut from the newspaper letters to the word "joy" or any other word you like"love, sky, free...etc.", then put it in a nice frame and you will have a beautiful little picture
since the newspapers are in black and white you can make a present topiary from a combination of colors black and white, you can decoupage a present box with the newspapers then another box with black paper, then add a bright color to the combination to liven the topiary(like red, orange or lime green),make the last box in that color or from newspapers also ,then wrap the whole gifts with a ribbon having the same bright color you have chosen, then add accessories to match the colors toy have
i hope you will find the suggestions useful to you, and let us hear about your latest inventions
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bokjoy
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005 12:33:19 PM »

Ugh, I tried to  post my Chinese wallets but it said I already posted.  It's not here tho so I have no idea what's going on.  These things are really cool, maybe I should try to post here instead and see if it will work.  I don't mean to butt into someone else's post but they don't make it easy.  Hopefully a link will appear this time. Somebody please let me know if this link works.   Linda in Santa Cruz, CA

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bokpix1/album?.dir=51ab&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

THIS ROCKS   Logged
candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2005 02:19:39 PM »

Wow... bokjoy, those are amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2005 11:26:05 AM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=9299.0

I saw this wallet the other day and saved the shortcut on my computer.  I think it's really cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make the Perfect Long Grain Rice
How to Cook Spicy Chicken Piri-Piri
Is Sushi Good for You
How to Make Vegetable Sushi for Kids
How to Roll Lumpia
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...