A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,596
Currently Running With Scissors:
783 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First Diaper Bag...  (Read 1483 times)
Tags for this thread: diaper_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cooksr
« on: May 21, 2007 01:26:18 PM »

Phew! It's finished. My middle sister delivered her first baby at 29 weeks back in October. Now that my niece is out of the NICU and able to go on outings with mommy, I thought I'd put my new sewing skills to work to make her a diaper bag... since I've no idea how to post a pic here I posted all the details and loads more pics on my blog - check it out - any and all comments greatly appreciated....

http://flowersinmay.blogspot.com/2007/05/finished.html
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011 01:58:08 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"let choice whisper in your ear and love murmur in your heart. Be ready. Here comes life"
- Maya Angelou
meleemel
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007 01:32:24 PM »

I like it!  I'm sure she will love it!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
susankg53
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007 05:17:13 PM »

nice bag
THIS ROCKS   Logged
runnermom100863

Sew like there's no tomorrow.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007 07:19:25 PM »

Wow, that looks really nice!  I don't know exactly how "new" your sewing skills are, but it sure looks like you've been doing it awhile, because this bag looks very well-made!  Great job!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I miss my doggy~Apollo~He'll forever be in my heart

my etsy shop ~ www.lillaka.etsy.co m
cooksr
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007 07:48:35 AM »

thanks ladeis - sewing skills are fairly new - other than the standard home-ec class I took in jr. high - I've only been sewing a few months. I still have not idea how to read a pattern (either that, or I'm lazy and don't have enough room to really try) so the tutes have been great on here. I got my sewing machine for christmas, and it's just a basic one. Now that I've learned how to use it, and that I truly love it, as soon as I get more room I'll probably upgrade!

So basically, I've been sewing about 4 months, and have made maybe 4 or 5 bags - runnermom - most of them have been from your hobo bag tute so Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"let choice whisper in your ear and love murmur in your heart. Be ready. Here comes life"
- Maya Angelou
Annievict
Annabelle, the Crafty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007 08:50:31 AM »

Its beautiful!  Great Job.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annabelle, the Crafty
susankg53
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007 09:16:34 PM »

you did a beautiful job on that diaper bag and practice makes perfect and all that , didn't you learn to follow a pattern in Home  -ec? They really aren't that bad, start with some of the simple ones and work your way up. If you can do that good a job on the bag, you should be able to learn to do anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cooksr
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007 08:08:02 AM »

Ha! I may have learned to do patterns in Home Ec, but that was at least 15 years ago - and I hadn't been near a sewing machine from that point until January this year. So, even if I learned it at one point, I completely lost it. My biggest problem is that I learn by doing, which means I'm great friends with my seam ripper, and I go reallllllly slow. Smiley If I get ahead of myself, that's when I make mistakes. But, I like things that don't look like something everyone else has, which is why I just like to use the basic ideas of a tute and go from there. The tute is so I can learn how to do things (like those darn elastic pockets that I LOVE) - they were also great for things that seem so simple now, but I couldn't figure out...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Maya Angelou
dyabolica

Gaze into my eyes and submit to my puppy dominion!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007 12:01:29 PM »

I love everything about this bag, its a diaper bag but not cutesy. I also have that palm tree fabric. Being a lazy azz could you tell me the dimensions of it and the pockets,so I only have to put forth minimal effort to make a friend who is expecting a bag hehe?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P Jon 7.15.07 I will never get over losing you!
End the war in Iraq, we have lost enough our
Fathers, Mothers, Sons and Daughters! I won't be on Craftster for a while, I am just not feeling creative.
cooksr
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007 01:35:42 PM »

Ohh...great question. I've already sent the bag to my sis (she got it yesterday and mom said she already threw out her old one she liked this one so much!).

I followed the tute here for the outside exactly, but I added a pocket on the outside back, and then two elastic pockets the width of the side on the inside and then one pocket on the back side of the inner...does that make sense?

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=38622.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Maya Angelou
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Install the GIMP
Iron Man Speed Painting 2
Green Effects part 2 - Special Effects in Photoshop
Green Effects part 1 - special effects in photoshop
Iron Man speed painting
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...