A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
651 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Accidentally on Purpose" from SnB Nation  (Read 41474 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ab615
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2004 02:55:25 PM »

Gertie_T,
     If the vest is too big on you, you could follow the direction at http://www.chicknits.com/ttdownsizing.shtml to downsize it!

Alyssa
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abinka
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2004 06:26:12 AM »

This is going to be my first garment! I'm so excited, I ordered the Patons in the same color as the pattern from that Discount Yarn Sale. It takes a while for the stuff to get here (like a month), so I'll probably start it after the holidays. I've been so busy making gifts, I have yet to ever make something substantial for myself, so I'm very excited.

My question for the ladies working on this one is, with the exact recommended yarn, if I choose a small (I tend to hover between a small and a medium size) will it be a good length? I tend to like my shirts to hang lower, I can't tell from the picture if it's short or not..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abinka
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2004 04:29:56 PM »

Hey ladies, check this out... Joann.com has free shipping and the Patons Grace for $3.81...too bad I already ordered mine!

http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=88320&PRODID=85784
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katykeene
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2004 06:41:26 PM »

I'm working on this at the moment too Smiley

Though since I'm in australia I opted to use Heirloom 4 ply cotton in a gorgeous candy pink. I'm only 1/5 of the way through so nothing exciting to report but i'm keen to see pics once others are done (even if they are baggy! Wink )

THIS ROCKS   Logged

aurelia615
Rrriot Librrrarian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2004 09:25:16 AM »

Gertie T-
I am interested in knitting this vest, and hate seaming... you mentioned you knit this in the round up to the armholes, then back and forth on straight needles from there on up.  What length circulars did you use?  And when you switched to straights, did you put the back on a stitch holder or yarn and then knit the front, or how did you end up doing that?  Any help is appreciated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Listen to me.  These people walk imaginary pets.  On a f***ing leash. And they're all heavily armed and drunk.  New York is boring.  I'll call you later."  -John Cusack in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
My blog: http://cabbageeatsyarn.blogspot.com
joygoddess
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2004 12:51:52 PM »

I'm so excited! (and I just can't hide it? Ok, enough of that...)

I just ordered my yarn to make this, and it's gonna rawk! (I hope).  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gertie_T
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2004 01:35:12 PM »

Gosh, I *really* need to finish this project! I got discouraged after my gauge snafu, but I think it's going to turn out fine. I just need to apply myself!

Here's how I knit it in the round--I cast on 2 stitches less per side, so a total of 4 stitches less to account for the lack of seaming. I used 24" circulars to knit it in the rounds, then when I got to the armpits, I put the back on a strand of scrap yarn. I kept knitting the front on circulars, but knit back and forth instead of in the round. Then after binding off the front (it's a little tricky, so don't do it over a nice glass of chardonnay!), take the back off the scrap yarn and finish it. Then all you have to do is seam up the shoulders!

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have anymore questions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aurelia615
Rrriot Librrrarian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2005 08:54:53 AM »

Thanks a lot!  I really appreciate it, I hate seaming and always look for an excuse to do stuff on circs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Listen to me.  These people walk imaginary pets.  On a f***ing leash. And they're all heavily armed and drunk.  New York is boring.  I'll call you later."  -John Cusack in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
My blog: http://cabbageeatsyarn.blogspot.com
joygoddess
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2005 09:27:31 AM »

Thanks, Gertie! It's good to know... I also hate seaming and love using circs when at all possible! Can't wait to see it when you're done!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zephren
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2005 08:36:34 AM »

URGH!!!!!!!!!! DAMN IT! I dont understand how to drop & bind off the stiches. It makes me angry that the book gave no explaniation what-so-ever on how to do this.... unless I missed a page. Can you kids explain this to me one more time, cuz the first explaination was like you were speaking another language. Help!

Im back.... posting in my same post.... Ok, so Im doing size L.... so I knit my 41 stiches, put them on a holder. Now Im gonna bind off... so I Knit 2, leapfrog to bind off thaat one stich, and Ive got 1 stich on the right needle... so what do I do to the next stiches to get "3" stiches on the needle? Im so confused.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005 08:59:59 AM by zephren » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
An Overview of Adobe Acrobat Lesson 1
Introduction to Adobe Acrobat - Overview
How to Import and Collect Footage in Adobe After Effects Lesson 4
How to Import and Collect Footage in Adobe After Effects Lesson 3
How to Import and Collect Footage in After Effects
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...