A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Accidentally on Purpose" from SnB Nation  (Read 39965 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thelotusblue
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2006 05:13:11 PM »

Thanks. Smiley  This is actually my first time straying from a pattern, and it worked out much better than I thought it would.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brandnew
« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2006 05:14:33 PM »

This is the first garment I've ever knitted and I just finished today! The pictures are awful, and sorry for the boob picture but that's the only picture I took that actually represented the true color very accurately.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

specialmegan
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2006 05:37:05 PM »

heres mine, woopwoop.  i think its wool though, it was some random yarn my friend got me in ecuador, no label on it.  i used US 2 needles and was worried my gauge would be all over the place but i think i did pretty well.  i've been watching this thread for a while now, i never would have figured out the neck without you guys!  the pic doesn't show detail too well, but you can get the main jist  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
tygra
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2006 10:45:47 AM »

aaaaggggh! this thread is *so* uberinspiring that i've finally decided to knit this thing up. i'm about 80 rows into the first piece now and it's taking forever, but this thread has highly motivated me. all of your vests look *SO* good! i plugged this thread in my blog too where i'm keeping track of my progress on this thing. i'll post some pix when i'm finally done the front piece. i can't wait to drop all those stitches! my dirty knitting secret is that i STILL haven't learned how to correctly pick-up dropped stitches. i've been knitting for a few years now and still, anytime i drop a stitch for more than 2 rows i usually have to ask me mom to "make it work" for me {{blushes}} so once again, let me repeat how THRILLED i am at the throught of being able to drop those stitches and not give a hoot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

übercherry goodies make you feel übercheery inside!
http://ubercherry.com
http://ubercherry.blogspot.com
tygra
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2006 08:48:07 AM »

so it's only been about a week, but i just finished the front piece - woohoo!

here's a picture of it:

i used bernat handicrafter cotton yarn in "hot blue". it was only ONE DOLLAR a skein at michael's a litle while back - sweet! unfortunately it's not quite as stretchy as i'd hoped it would be, which makes sense since it's cotton, so fitting it over my busty bust may be a slight issue, but hopefully some uberstretching during the blocking phase will help that out. oh yeah, i also only knit for 19 inches (176 rows) because i'm quite short-waisted and this is more than enough to reach down below my belt area.

i actually had no problems with the dreaded DBO2 thanks to the lovely helpers throughout this thread. however i DID have a heck of a time figuring out the neckline of the medium because i honestly think that some instructions are missing. a few of the rows tell you to start with a DBO2 when you don't have any stitches on the needle to bind off yet. again, thanks to the people in this post i was able to suss it out, but i *did* end up having to unravel the entire left side after i reached the final row and realized that i'd made an error waaaaay back on the second left side row - ugh!

anyways, i'm very excited to finish the back piece now and i'll post another picture when i'm done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baigneuse
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2006 10:08:37 PM »

I finally got around to trying to knit a sleeve for this top again. Here it is.

For a bindoff that wouldn't be so tight at the wrist I did the Elizabeth Z's sewn bindoff that was in the latest issue of Knitty. The second sleeve may take forever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2006 01:52:48 AM »

Baigneuse, that's fantastic! That's exactly what I want to do. Mind sharing how you did it? I love the colorway too.
Don't let the second sleeve drag out too long--that sweater deserves to be seen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
Baigneuse
« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2006 03:53:43 PM »

Thanks Aunt Carrot.
For the sleeves I tried to keep it simple.  It was the same gauge I knit the top in.
I did 6 repeats of the drop stitches so I cast on 54 to size #5 needles.
I used the magic loop method for the sleeve so all I did was knit. When I had the length I wanted (about 20 inches), I did the drop stitches then I picked up the resulting ladders. From there I used the Elizabeth Zimmerman sewn bind off in Knitty.
Here is a link to that. http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/FEATsum06TT.html
I didn’t want it to be too tight and this worked out quite well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: August 10, 2006 04:55:10 PM »

Thanks! I'll post if I ever get it done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
tygra
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2006 09:26:19 PM »

ok, i *finally* finished this baby last night! i was really worried that it wasn't gonna fit over my boobs, so i knit the back piece on slightly larger needles and tried to be a little loose with my gauge. everything ended up turning out just peachy, thank goodness, although it's a little baggier in some spots than i'd like.

i didn't seam it all the way down to the bottom so it has these nice little slits along the side that give it a more tunic-y feel. this is the first clothing item i have knit for myself and i feel a tad silly for being so proud of it {{blush}}

« Last Edit: August 28, 2006 04:23:48 PM by tygra » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Production Tech Tips: 3D Camera Systems
Small Tripods / Equipment to Stabilize Your Camera - Road Gear - Video ...
How to Paint with Light - A Photography Technique
How to Build a Bulldog 5x4 Large Format Camera
Learn about Camera Exposure
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...