A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,729
Currently Running With Scissors:
677 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts"  (Read 174490 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pretendingsanity
« Reply #780 on: April 25, 2006 06:07:04 PM »

Both the sweater and the leg warmers are so cute (and so are your shoes, by the by). I love the color of the leg warmers.

thanks!

and knitty mcknitknit I don't know how much blocking will help, but I'd try it.  A little bit of hair conditioner will help soften animal fibers too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

faywray
« Reply #781 on: April 26, 2006 05:53:34 PM »

pretendingsanity, I really like those buttons on the placket neck sweater, they're such a cute color.

I finally finished something from the book, too, after spending hours admiring everyone else's work on this thread. It's a Rainbow Scarf made from Lang Tosca, a popular substitute, it seems.
Please excuse the background, I couldn't for the life of me find a clean table in this place!

« Last Edit: April 26, 2006 06:08:59 PM by faywray » THIS ROCKS   Logged
starlight1221
« Reply #782 on: May 08, 2006 03:01:57 PM »

My mom collects hippos, so I modified the bear to make a hippo.  I just CO 32 sts, and knit a bunch of rows in the round, then I decreased 6 stitches somewhat evenly, then used kitchener to bind off and stuffed and stitched that onto the face in a hippo-like shape.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
redheadedali

I don't know what that means. - Brennan

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 08, 2006 06:29:37 PM »

Love the hippo! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This is why I suggested attack dogs, but no, my mother wanted an alpaca.- Logan, Veronica Mars

http://redheadedali.livejournal.com
pretendingsanity
« Reply #784 on: May 09, 2006 09:58:00 PM »

pretendingsanity, I really like those buttons on the placket neck sweater, they're such a cute color.

I finally finished something from the book, too, after spending hours admiring everyone else's work on this thread. It's a Rainbow Scarf made from Lang Tosca, a popular substitute, it seems.
Please excuse the background, I couldn't for the life of me find a clean table in this place!

Thanks, they're actually glass beads. 

nice  scarf!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lara
« Reply #785 on: August 07, 2006 04:26:58 AM »

hi everyone, i just got the book Smiley and i bought some yarn for the hourglass sweater, i tried the gauge (first time i ever do this!) and it turned out to be the same gauge as in the book, after i cast on the stitches for the sweater according to my measurements (87 stitches+87 stitches) and joining the round, it really looks small (the diameter) is this the way it's supposed to be or should i cast for a larger size?

please someone reply because i'm really excited to start knitting this sweater
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ultraviolet
« Reply #786 on: August 07, 2006 05:02:21 AM »

I would say keep going and once you have a few inches done, check your gauge again and make sure it's the same as when you swatched. When you first cast on, your stitches are all smushed together and I don't think you can tell anything from that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
maureenm241

The creative mind plays with the objects it loves.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #787 on: August 07, 2006 10:50:53 AM »

hi everyone, i just got the book Smiley and i bought some yarn for the hourglass sweater, i tried the gauge (first time i ever do this!) and it turned out to be the same gauge as in the book, after i cast on the stitches for the sweater according to my measurements (87 stitches+87 stitches) and joining the round, it really looks small (the diameter) is this the way it's supposed to be or should i cast for a larger size?

please someone reply because i'm really excited to start knitting this sweater

Did you do your gauge swatch in the round or flat? I've run into the same problem - I purl much looser than I knit so if I do a gauge swatch flat, it's always bigger than when I knit in the round.

To determine your exact gauge for stockinette in the round, cast your stitches on circs or dpns. Knit a row and then slide your stitches to the other end of your circ or dpn. Making sure you're looking at the right side of your knitting, like you would when knitting in the round, float your working yarn loosely across the backside of the knitted piece and use it to knit another row. Keep going like this, sliding the swatch back and forth on your needles until it's the right size.

I hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aliciasjoy

my alien kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #788 on: August 07, 2006 11:51:22 AM »

I just had to say, that's the best advise I think I've ever seen!  I always do this big boring tube swatch in the round, or a little stupid one on dpns, and either way is annoying.
I never would have thought to carry the yarn around the back, so thanks! I've been putting off a project in the round because I didn't want to swatch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

speakeasy
« Reply #789 on: August 07, 2006 02:07:49 PM »

Great Job! I love the gift pouches. I made one in a similar green and I love it, I want to make more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Working with the Eraser Tool
Macromedia Flash 8 - Working with the Ink Bottle Tool
Macromedia Flash 8 - Working with the Eye Dropper Tool
Macromedia Flash 8 - Drawing with the PolyStar Tool
Macromedia Flash 8 - Drawing with the Oval Tool
Latest Blog Articles
October 2, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Washi Tape
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...