A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
406 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts"  (Read 170157 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BeginnerKnitter
« Reply #650 on: November 23, 2005 01:49:48 PM »

I made one of the little sock ornaments with ribbing at the top instead of seed stitch. I think I'd go with seed stitch next time.

The colors are atrocious, but I chose them just to make a practice one to see if this is what I want to make for all the relatives (I think I'll do one of these and one of the cute little sweater ones also).

I made it on size 1s instead of 0s and with the worsted weight I had lying around (Paton's I think--I hate making anything wearable out of this yarn because it's pretty scratchy, so this is a good way to get rid of all the extra I have lying around).

THIS ROCKS   Logged
theresat
« Reply #651 on: November 24, 2005 08:07:41 AM »

I love those legwarmers! They look awesome. I like the little flecks of color in yours. And the bunchiness (made-up word, I know)! I can imagine how warm they must be.

Thanks!  I made them by knitting with two yarns together, one was a very thin merino (I ran out of the red that you see on the right after the first, so subbed a rainbow one for the left) and the other was a kind of thin boucle (not as puffy and bumpy as your average boucle).  They're very warm, I love wearing them with slippers around the house.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
luv2stitch

Sometimes it's knit and sometimes it's crochet.

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 24, 2005 05:43:55 PM »

Okay, this is really the Bobbi Bear but the pink kerchief is the one from page 108 on the elephant. I didn't weave in the ends yet because I had to add more rows to fit around the wider neck of Bobbi Bear.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010 10:46:53 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tejer
« Reply #653 on: November 25, 2005 10:17:29 AM »

I made the men's cashmere scarf (with knitpicks' decadence, which is 100% alpaca). The pattern is totally wrong in the book, but you can find it on the purlsoho website. I think it's actually just called broken rib. I like the way it turned out after blocking. Can you believe it grew about 9 inches with blocking! It's 70" long now, but I think that's great. I took photos of the right and wrong side...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

apixiegrl
« Reply #654 on: November 25, 2005 10:24:41 AM »

gorgeous... are u giving it as a gift cause that is one lucky guy that gets to wear that scarf.. it looks so soft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tejer
« Reply #655 on: November 25, 2005 11:02:39 AM »

Yup---It's for my grandpa and I have more yarn to make one for my dad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kathyruth
« Reply #656 on: December 02, 2005 04:12:38 PM »

Details on my blog.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
apixiegrl
« Reply #657 on: December 03, 2005 08:45:23 AM »

wow girl .. U make some awesome stuff. I checked out your blog and i luved everything. awesome, awesome, awesome.!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ax174
« Reply #658 on: December 03, 2005 11:46:48 AM »

Just FYI, there are 4 patterns from this book in the Good Housekeeping Holiday Best 2005 magazine.  There's a scarf, the baby booties (my fave!), sock and sweater ornamants, and best of all, the bear/rabbit/elephant stuffed dolls.  If you don't already own LMKG but want to check out some of the patterns, the magazine is an inexpensive way to try out a few.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2005 11:59:14 AM by ax174 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

flyingpizza
« Reply #659 on: December 04, 2005 05:32:31 PM »

My Hourglass Sweater!

I used 11 balls of Noro Silk Garden #8 and size 5 needles (I knit loose Smiley)

Though I look like a linebacker, I still think this pattern's a winner!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005 12:13:52 PM by flyingpizza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Salon Solutions for Frizzy Hair
Hair How To: Victory Rolls
How to Curl Your Hair Using a Flat Iron
Hairapy Ep 108: Leah
How to Maintain Your Neckline
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...