A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
460 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts"  (Read 169756 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artistrachelmarie
Rachel Marie

Knitty Dirty Girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #620 on: October 31, 2005 10:14:04 AM »

Hey thanks! I couldnt tell what the yarn was from the picture... all I could do was try and match the guage.The thicker the yarn the better - in my book! haha
So I'll be looking for a better substitute.

Do any of you ladies know offhand if I could use this yarn for the hourglass sweater? I think it would work.
http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/yarn_display.aspx?itemid=5420136

The Noro Cash Iroha is a heavy worsted weight yarn, but you could use Ambrosia, I myself am using a DK weight yarn for this pattern, however the fabric you create will be really "breezy."

Unless you are good with the math and can recalculate the pattern to work with the gauge you come up with using the thinner yarn.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhiandmoi
« Reply #621 on: October 31, 2005 01:22:31 PM »

I finally started some projects out of this book. I did a couple of drawstring bags, but I didn't follow the pattern. I read it and it didn't seem all that special to me, but I did use it as inspiration for a couple of my own. Then I started the airy scarf. I knit for an hour and it is only about 12 inches long. So I think I will be knitting for at least 5 hours to finish this. It was distracted knitting, so maybe if I sit down and knit without trying to pay close attention to a movie it will go faster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhiandmoi
« Reply #622 on: November 01, 2005 10:30:38 AM »

This airy scarf is not good for knitting in the dark. I knit for an hour last night, got a good 14-16 inches done, and then was looking over the scarf and found a dropped stitch. Then I tried for 20 minutes to find a way to anchor the dropped stitch, but it was the row before the eyelet row and there wasn't a good way to hide it, so I had to frog back. So then I knit another 45 or so minutes and got about 10 inches back. So I have been knitting this scarf for nearly 3 hours already and I only have about 30 inches. Bleck. My goal is to finish it tonight though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftykate
« Reply #623 on: November 01, 2005 10:40:06 AM »

The first airy scarf I made, I noticed after I cast off there was a dropped stitch somewhere in the middle. Luckily I used this crazy really hairy mohair so I did a little creative sewing and it wasn't too no ticable. It would have been awful if I had used a smoother yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
traceypoo
« Reply #624 on: November 01, 2005 09:08:41 PM »

Hi!  I've been lurking forever and have finally decided to post!  I recently finished the child's placket front sweater which I made with a lovely orange baby apalca for my friend's baby-to-be.  I made a matching hat because I had quite a bit of leftover yarn. The color is really quite beautiful, but I don't think it looks so great in the photo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Roe
« Reply #625 on: November 01, 2005 09:49:11 PM »

Great job! I made this sweater and did the same thing with my leftover yarn. Yours turned out beautifully.

Roe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

westcoastchica
« Reply #626 on: November 02, 2005 10:35:46 AM »

After seeing all your lovely projects from this book, I just *had* to run out and get it, especially since I had a gift card from Chapters (love those Air Miles).

I absolutely fell in LOVE with the knitted elephant... and after digging out some Red Heart acrylic that had been in my stash, and knitting up a storm with my trusty aluminum DPNs, I'd like to introduce you to Blinky:

Before he had ears or was stuffed, my boyfriend decided that he looked like a pig-rat... but then as this little fellow took shape, he just couldn't keep his hands off him. :-) Watching a grown man falling in love with a stuffed animal is just too cute... but come on, who *WOULDN'T* love Blinky? I originally set out to make him as a gift, but he's pretty much been adopted into the family now. I think I need to knit him a sweater or something.. and methinks he needs a girlfriend too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftykate
« Reply #627 on: November 02, 2005 10:43:03 AM »

Yours is the cutest elephant I've seen yet! I know what you mean about falling in love with him. I knit mind vaguely thinking that I'd send it off to my friend who has a one year old daughter. That little elephant has not left my house yet. I'm having a little separation anxiety.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
luv2stitch

Sometimes it's knit and sometimes it's crochet.

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 02, 2005 11:33:06 AM »

Blinky is adorable! I was just looking over the animals in the book last night and trying to decide which one to make. I also want to make the miniature sweaters. Good thing these are all quick to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
francie pants
« Reply #629 on: November 02, 2005 03:03:32 PM »

was anyone else completely confused when they got to the trunk instructions??  we were on a road trip when my Ellie was born, and i recall about 2 hours of yelling "WTF!!??" until i finally just fudged it till i thought i could fake it.... then understood later.  i was honestly chasing down women i barely knew at this festival begging "can anyone read knitting patterns?Huh?"  Blinky is adorable!!  Grin  i'm a sucker for a good cozy classic grey.  and i'm also a sucker for husbands who take secret comfort in watching tv while curled up with a stuffed animal. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Off Book: Light Painting
Off Book: Technology Used for Seeing Beyond the Human Eye
How to Take Wedding Photos
How to Turn Art Concepts Into Projects
How to Strike Your Best Photo Pose
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...