A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,738
Currently Running With Scissors:
651 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts"  (Read 169825 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lani
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2004 12:15:27 AM »

So far I've made a couple felted potholders, although they aren't shrinking as much as I'd like...at this moment, they're ginormous.  I'm currently working on Kim's hats, which is interesting, as I've never worked on circular needles before, nor double pointed...haven't gotten there yet, I'm a little nervous... Smiley
Hurrah for this book!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A haiku:
If I could have one
My superpower would be
To talk to lemurs
elisha

if not now, when?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2004 01:26:19 AM »

i finally got my book - it is so beautiful - i would make everything in it if i had had a million dollars and no work or kids...i live out of the states (as you can probably tell from the times of my posts) and had to wait till someone was coming for a visit to bring it for me! (i also got weekend knitting which i love!)
but just like pretendingsanity, i also made the ribbed or 'men's' wrist warmers...
i made them a little longer so they are more like arm warmers.
by the way, illana, your sweater is amazing! i'm so impressed. it looks great on you.
here's one arm being warmed while it wrestles the DPNs to make the other:

and in this one you can see the extended length:

i made them in a really soft merino wool - but i'll admit that i think the color choice was not such a good one. they are SLIGHTLY flesh-toned and end up looking funny...but i am thinking that i will get used to it...
thanks again, gertie, for the book recommendation!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...the whole world is a narrow bridge, and the main thing is to have no fear at all...
Tere
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2004 04:41:55 AM »

Elisha those look great! So you were able to make the thumhole--the whole glove--on double points? How? I've been thinking about this issue day and night. Thought I had a brain fart at one point but it still didn't work..please, how did you do it?!

Thanks!
Tere
ps-the yarn I bought for these appears to be the same colour as yours Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tere
« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2004 05:23:39 AM »

I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!! I was looking at your pictures, Elisha and something clicked. Damn, this is exciting.
Thanks!!!
Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elisha

if not now, when?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2004 08:42:52 AM »

great! i'm so happy you got it, and glad i could...help? i'm not sure what you saw, but if it clicked, that's great!
i can't wait to see yours...they knit up really quick - especially for the obsessed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...the whole world is a narrow bridge, and the main thing is to have no fear at all...
goodkarma
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2004 11:18:31 AM »

Is there a mitten pattern in the book? I'm starting to want this book...  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tere
« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2004 11:56:02 AM »

Goodkarma, there's a pattern for writwarmers, men's and women's. No mittens though. But I think it is a great book (as you can see by the obssessively large number of posts I write on here, pertaining to it...its becoming a problem I think  Embarrassed)
Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Illanna24
Enemy of moths

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2004 04:52:55 PM »

Do you mind if I ask what size you made?

I made the second size, which is the first number in the parentheses. The sweater is actually a little big on me though. It might have to do with the heavy drape of the silk. I am making another one now and I am doing the smaller size. Thanks for the compliments!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

puffy_jacket
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2004 05:14:20 PM »

It's beautiful, Illana! I love the color, too.

Did it knit up reasonably quickly, or take forever? I'm about to tackle it, and I'm a little scared by the reports of errata in the pattern. I'm not very math-minded, and get confused when things don't match up the way they're supposed to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lani
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2004 10:15:46 PM »

Huh I made the mans' hat for my dad, and it's ginormous!  Granted, I used a size 10 needle instead of 9, but I don't think it would have made that big of a difference...did anyone else find that the hats ran a bit on the big side?

It's still warm and soft and cuddly, though  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A haiku:
If I could have one
My superpower would be
To talk to lemurs
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Fondant Dolphin
How to Make a Fondant Baby Chick
How to Make a Fondant Dinosaur
How to Make a Fondant Turtle
How to Make a Fondant Pig
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...