A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 304,013
Currently Running With Scissors:
415 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts"  (Read 173492 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ultraviolet
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2004 11:26:56 AM »

For those of you who have made (or are making) the Men's Cashmere Scarf, how does the WS look? The picture only shows one side of the scarf. I just bought some lovely gray baby alpaca yarn and I may try this pattern. I've already done 1 ribbed and 2 seed stitch scarves in the past month, so I need to try something different.

No progress on the tea cozy. I really need to work on this - it might be time to pull out the ol' Pride & Prejudice DVDs....they've got me through many a boring project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
elliela

And knitting and knitting and knitting......

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2004 11:47:25 AM »

Ah yes...knitting with Mr. Darcy does work wonders, doesn't it?

Oh and Gertie....I figured out I just forgot to do one of the yarnovers on the airy scarf and now it's coming out perfectly.

Pretty ironic, since I did a yarn over pattern for SnB Nation.  Cheesy

Since the KidSilk Haze is so thin and soft, I really needed good light to work with it and that made all the diff. Doesn't it feel like cotton candy?

Take care,
Ellen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gertie_T
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2004 12:00:58 PM »

Ellen, I'm so glad your scarf is coming out the right way! It does look and feel just like cotton candy. I hope my mom-in-law likes it! I can't wait til I'm done with the rest of my holiday knitting--cause I'm gonna make myself a bunch of these little suckers to use as headscarves (I'm having an awkward hair month!)

Tere, have you finished your bag? I used the yarn suggested in the book for the first one I made (the green one I posted a pic of when I started this thread), but now I'm using Fiesta La Luz for my second one. What a great yarn--it's very soft and shiny. Perfect for this little project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2004 01:17:29 PM »

Curse you Barnes and Noble.....where is my book!!!!!!     Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lani
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2004 08:59:03 PM »

So I'm working on the airy scarf, and it was going great for the first half, and then for the second half of it, somehow I keep messing up.  I keep ending up with extra stitches that I don't realize until I'm in the eyelets row.  Arg!  I don't know what I'm doing, because everytime I've undone the stitches and tried again, I still end up with extra stitches.  I've still got 10 eyelets per row, so I don't think I'm adding them, but...mwer!!  Very frustrating.  I think I am going to have to keep this scarf once I'm done since the width keeps changing...it was going to be for my mom.  Anyway, ideas on maybe what's going on?  Anyone else having the same problem?

I have learned a couple things though:
1.) Don't work using a new stitch, assume you've mastered it, and then stitch a whole bunch to the DVDs of 24.  You can't concentrate that well.
2.) When using a skein of mohair that is made of two separate threads, don't attempt a center-pull ball.  It will consistently and frequently get tangled into a ginormous knot.  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004 09:01:02 PM by lani » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A haiku:
If I could have one
My superpower would be
To talk to lemurs
marlatiara
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2004 08:06:35 AM »

For those of you who have made (or are making) the Men's Cashmere Scarf, how does the WS look?

I took some quick pictures for you with my camera phone -

I think this would be considered the "wrong" side, but I like it a lot.

And the "right" side - more nubbly, but also the side that's curling in.

If you do this scarf, I'd recommend a garter or seed stitch border for sure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://buttons.marlatiara.com - one inch buttons!
http://www.marlatiara.com - general dorkiness
fert

if i sit on yet another safety pin...

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2004 08:14:45 AM »

wow! i'm so impressed with all these great knitted gifts! Shocked  y'all did such fatabulous jobs!  i myself just finished the hand warmers (woohoo!).  i used my denise needles (i only have one set) to knit these by using two circular needles and putting a size 5 on one side and size six needle on the other side of a single blue wire.  you just need to place the size 5 needle so that it is always going to be in your left hand.  that way, your gauge will always be determined by the size 6 in your right hand.  hope that makes sense...

thanks for posting the erratas, too!  i didn't see them before i finished and thought i was an idiot for not really understanding what the pattern was saying.   Undecided

oh and i used rowan cork to make the handwarmers which gave them a more *lacy* look Smiley

take care and happy holidays!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ultraviolet
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2004 09:07:54 AM »

Actually I think the "wrong" and "right" sides are completely the opposite - what you consider the "wrong" side is what is pictured in the book and what they label as RS. But I think both sides look great. I started this last night - I got enough done that I'm just going to let the curling be for now and maybe try to block it later. When I started this last night I just didn't feel inclined to take the time to figure out how to make non-curling edges. Plus I'm doing this on the sly as it's an xmas present for someone I live with Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
Illanna24
Enemy of moths

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2004 01:14:00 PM »

I finished the Hourglass Sweater!!!

I used Noro Lily which is 70% cotton and 30% silk and I used size 9 circular needles. I like the Cash Iroha, but it's too heavy to wear here in Arizona...

There are a LOT of mistakes in this pattern, and the errata on the website didn't even have all of them. Luckily I kept Purl Soho's phone number on my speed dial and I called Joelle anytime I had a question. She was REALLY sweet and helpful and I would highly recommend doing this if you have questions about the patterns in the book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goodkarma
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2004 05:36:47 PM »

Illana, thank you for posting your pictures. I really wanted to see what it looked like on a real live gal! So pretty. I love the color you chose and the neckline shape is nice and feminine for such a simple design.

Did you make any changes to the pattern (aside from fixing mistakes, that is)?

goodkarma
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose the Right Conditioner
How to Choose the Right Blow Drying Brush
How to Find a Parting
How to Choose the Right Styling Products
How to Use Curlers
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...