A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts"  (Read 178841 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Gertie_T
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2004 10:51:25 AM »

Glad you like the scarf! It's not drop stitch, just a very simple lace pattern--all garter stitch except every tenth row you do a k2tog, yo pattern. Very easy! And on big needles, which is nice with such tiny little yarn.

Elisha, I'm happy you ordered the book. I hope you love it as much as I do. And now Tere, get yourself back to that bookstore and buy it too. You deserve it. Gosh, I should be getting some sort of kickbacks for this book, shouldn't I? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lani
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2004 05:20:10 PM »

After reading this thread, I went out and got the book, as I am attempting to make gifts for family this year.  I'm still pretty new to knitting though, so I'm definitely going for the easier projects!  Smiley  I want to make the men's rustic scarf for my boyfriend, but I'm having trouble finding 40" circular needles.  Any ideas on where to look?

Also - silly felting question: does only wool felt, or do other types of yarn felt as well?

Hooray for knitting!!  So addicting... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A haiku:
If I could have one
My superpower would be
To talk to lemurs
Illanna24
Enemy of moths

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2004 08:44:26 PM »

I made the hourglass sweater but I haven't blocked it yet. I'll add pictures once I do.

Here is a picture of a "Kim's Hat" that I just finished today! I used Lobster Pot yarn from www.purlsoho.com

Here is a closeup of the hat before the pompoms:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

elisha

if not now, when?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2004 10:25:35 PM »

wow, great hat, illanna...i love it. and i am particularly fond of the colors...such beautiful yarn.
(i'm still waiting for my book to arrive!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...the whole world is a narrow bridge, and the main thing is to have no fear at all...
Gertie_T
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2004 10:10:06 PM »

Ooooh, great hat!  I LOVE Lobster Pot! I think I'll make one of the "Kim's Hats" for my brother for Christmas.

Speaking of purlsoho.com, that's such a great website. I love ordering from them--I always get my order the next day, two days at the most. Oh, and Lani, you can order 40" circs from them--the Addi Turbos. Pricey, but worth it! (Oh, and as for your felting question--I'm by no means an expert on felting, but I believe you can felt "wool-like" fibers such as mohair, alpaca, llama, camel, etc.--there are some very informative threads here on Craftster on the subject)

Illanna--Please, please, PLEASE post your Hourglass Sweater! I'm dying to see it. I'm also curious what your experience was making it--i.e. were the hems difficult, etc. I want pics!

I gave my mother the little green drawstring bag today for her birthday, and it was a big hit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2004 04:02:17 PM »

I decided to buy this book and headed on down to my local book store (lbs) and they didn't have it!  I guess it was karmic justice for spekaing ill of the book in the first place.  Undecided

So I bought a book about knitting instead.  Maybe next time,
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lani
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2004 09:41:29 PM »

I made the purl scarf (though I forgot to save yarn for the fringe!)  I love the way it turned out.  I don't have a digi camera, so I can't post a picture, but it's the coolest thing I've made yet (...I am a beginner, though! Smiley ).  I'm also making potholders for family and friends for Xmas, and will be making the rustic scarf for my boyfriend.  This book is awesome!!!  ::thumbs up::
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A haiku:
If I could have one
My superpower would be
To talk to lemurs
Tere
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2004 06:07:14 AM »

I got the book last night! I'm a-knittin' up a storm tonight ladies!  Grin
Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

swellgirl
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2004 06:35:43 AM »

I love just looking through this book, & so do my non-knitting friends.  I think it helped convert one.  I made the armwarmers and have been knocking the mini-stockings out in time for Christmas.  I went up to a size 5 needle and have been using leftover yarn.  I think it makes them a better ornament size.  I really like making them and it's a great introduction to knitting socks.  I think that I'm going to make some extra and use them for present name tags.

I have to look again, but I think that I have some Bamboo yarn that will knit close to the gauge on the Hourglass sweater.  Hope so, I'm dying to use it for something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kimbabwe
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2004 07:07:11 AM »

Swellgirl -

love, love, love the stockings... they're adorable and great ornaments or little gift bags for small gifts. And they must be quick to make, too! I like the fuzzy white at the top of the 2 outside ones...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose Colors for Powerpoint
How to Use Adobe Photoshop Elements
How to Blur Faces in Videos
How to Design a Magazine Front Cover in Photoshop
How to Make a Realistic Planet in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...