A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,692
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts"  (Read 169768 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Gertie_T
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2004 10:51:25 AM »

Glad you like the scarf! It's not drop stitch, just a very simple lace pattern--all garter stitch except every tenth row you do a k2tog, yo pattern. Very easy! And on big needles, which is nice with such tiny little yarn.

Elisha, I'm happy you ordered the book. I hope you love it as much as I do. And now Tere, get yourself back to that bookstore and buy it too. You deserve it. Gosh, I should be getting some sort of kickbacks for this book, shouldn't I? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lani
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2004 05:20:10 PM »

After reading this thread, I went out and got the book, as I am attempting to make gifts for family this year.  I'm still pretty new to knitting though, so I'm definitely going for the easier projects!  Smiley  I want to make the men's rustic scarf for my boyfriend, but I'm having trouble finding 40" circular needles.  Any ideas on where to look?

Also - silly felting question: does only wool felt, or do other types of yarn felt as well?

Hooray for knitting!!  So addicting... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A haiku:
If I could have one
My superpower would be
To talk to lemurs
Illanna24
Enemy of moths

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2004 08:44:26 PM »

I made the hourglass sweater but I haven't blocked it yet. I'll add pictures once I do.

Here is a picture of a "Kim's Hat" that I just finished today! I used Lobster Pot yarn from www.purlsoho.com

Here is a closeup of the hat before the pompoms:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

elisha

if not now, when?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2004 10:25:35 PM »

wow, great hat, illanna...i love it. and i am particularly fond of the colors...such beautiful yarn.
(i'm still waiting for my book to arrive!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...the whole world is a narrow bridge, and the main thing is to have no fear at all...
Gertie_T
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2004 10:10:06 PM »

Ooooh, great hat!  I LOVE Lobster Pot! I think I'll make one of the "Kim's Hats" for my brother for Christmas.

Speaking of purlsoho.com, that's such a great website. I love ordering from them--I always get my order the next day, two days at the most. Oh, and Lani, you can order 40" circs from them--the Addi Turbos. Pricey, but worth it! (Oh, and as for your felting question--I'm by no means an expert on felting, but I believe you can felt "wool-like" fibers such as mohair, alpaca, llama, camel, etc.--there are some very informative threads here on Craftster on the subject)

Illanna--Please, please, PLEASE post your Hourglass Sweater! I'm dying to see it. I'm also curious what your experience was making it--i.e. were the hems difficult, etc. I want pics!

I gave my mother the little green drawstring bag today for her birthday, and it was a big hit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2004 04:02:17 PM »

I decided to buy this book and headed on down to my local book store (lbs) and they didn't have it!  I guess it was karmic justice for spekaing ill of the book in the first place.  Undecided

So I bought a book about knitting instead.  Maybe next time,
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lani
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2004 09:41:29 PM »

I made the purl scarf (though I forgot to save yarn for the fringe!)  I love the way it turned out.  I don't have a digi camera, so I can't post a picture, but it's the coolest thing I've made yet (...I am a beginner, though! Smiley ).  I'm also making potholders for family and friends for Xmas, and will be making the rustic scarf for my boyfriend.  This book is awesome!!!  ::thumbs up::
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A haiku:
If I could have one
My superpower would be
To talk to lemurs
Tere
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2004 06:07:14 AM »

I got the book last night! I'm a-knittin' up a storm tonight ladies!  Grin
Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

swellgirl
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2004 06:35:43 AM »

I love just looking through this book, & so do my non-knitting friends.  I think it helped convert one.  I made the armwarmers and have been knocking the mini-stockings out in time for Christmas.  I went up to a size 5 needle and have been using leftover yarn.  I think it makes them a better ornament size.  I really like making them and it's a great introduction to knitting socks.  I think that I'm going to make some extra and use them for present name tags.

I have to look again, but I think that I have some Bamboo yarn that will knit close to the gauge on the Hourglass sweater.  Hope so, I'm dying to use it for something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kimbabwe
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2004 07:07:11 AM »

Swellgirl -

love, love, love the stockings... they're adorable and great ornaments or little gift bags for small gifts. And they must be quick to make, too! I like the fuzzy white at the top of the 2 outside ones...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Forget The Beauty Aisle: Skin Fixes From the Fridge
6 Incredible Drugstore Beauty Buys You Need This Summer
Everyday Makeup Tips with Bobbi Brown
His and Hers Beauty Summer Essentials
Watch Makeup Genius Kandee Johnson Transform Into Emma Watson
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...