A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
351 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts"  (Read 174050 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ambrrdawn
« Reply #600 on: October 23, 2005 11:09:24 PM »

Francie pants, I can't see your pictures!  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart. ~Confucius

My knitting blog:
http://hugsandstitches.blogspirit.com/
BeginnerKnitter
« Reply #601 on: October 24, 2005 05:16:52 AM »

Your elephant is so cute! Love the stripes and the button eyes. I also can't see the bunny.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
theresat
« Reply #602 on: October 24, 2005 07:26:04 PM »

I started the legwarmers yesterday!  Pictures will be coming soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessaska
« Reply #603 on: October 24, 2005 07:57:20 PM »

okay so I am working on the hourglass sweater and somehow i just realized that I made a tiny mistake. I really don't want to frog it and I can handle having a imperfect sweater if its not a huge flaw (in some cases I think it almost adds character). I want to get a second opinion before I just continue trucking along with all those knit stitches.
On the very first decrease row i forgot to knit the stitch in between the ssk and the k2tog on the second marker of the round. The rest of the times I did not forget it. It doesn't look like its caused that big of a deal, there is a slightly larger gap between the stitches.

What do you guys think? keep working or frog back to the beginning?

i guess i should also mention that I am trying to finish this before my 'able to return left over yarn' grace period is up at my lys...I bought extra because I kept reading that people were running out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhiandmoi
« Reply #604 on: October 25, 2005 10:32:53 AM »

How many rows past that are you? You could undo it just to that point, or you could drop the stitches above that boo boo and pick them up with a crochet hook. I usually just drop the stiches and pick them up again when I make a small boo boo like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessaska
« Reply #605 on: October 25, 2005 12:08:37 PM »

i'm about 18 rows past it. I've never had to go back with a crochet hook and drop and fix stitches, but at this point I would love to. Would it work in this situation? (fixing a skipped k stitch in between the ssk and the k2tog?) could i just drop the stitches down to where i messed up and make them all k stitches, but then would i have to go drop more one stitch over to correct the decrease? Am I making this more complicated in my mind than it needs to be?

The more I work on it the more I feel like I really outta frog it back until that point. I made a mistake and I should fix it...I just really hate to waste all the time Ive spent already, but I know I have to....ugh.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005 12:55:01 PM by jessaska » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhiandmoi
« Reply #606 on: October 25, 2005 01:42:09 PM »

If there are more K2togs above the mistake it is probably easier to frog back to that point that try to keep track of all the places that you need to move the K2togs to keep the pattern right.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kabili

I'm not a llama anymore!

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 25, 2005 02:33:06 PM »

hey jessaka,

i personally would keep on working and not worry about it. however, it should be noted that i am a bit of  rebel. and that i haven't actually made this sweater before. just my opinion. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

where are we going, and why am i in this handbasket?
emilytate
« Reply #608 on: October 27, 2005 09:15:12 AM »

ugh, wristwarmer drama!
i typed up the pattern for the wristwarmers because i didn't want to take the book with me (i'm at the beach), and now i'm looking at it and going... eh? it used to seem so logical.

my question: are you supposed to cast off any stitches? do you knit the WHOLE THING flat, or leave off a section? .... or, more logically, is the hole shaped, or is it more of a slit?

has anyone done this on DPNs? this is the first part thats throwing me.. eegh. HELP!!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
-anais nin
BeginnerKnitter
« Reply #609 on: October 27, 2005 09:53:55 AM »

I just finished the women's wrist warmers on dpn's. You do not bind off any stitches when you get to the thumb hole, you just begin working flat, which leaves one side open. I left it on the three needles and just worked back and forth the required number of times. You are right, there is no shaping, just a gap where your thumb sticks out.

Post a picture when you finish! Also, I feel the need to express my jealousy over the fact that you are at a beach right now!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005 09:56:27 AM by BeginnerKnitter » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Using Textured Metal to Make Jewelry
Top Jewelry Making Techniques
Jewelry Soldering Basics
Making Metal Jewelry
Jewelry Casting
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...