A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,020
Currently Running With Scissors:
596 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts"  (Read 188402 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

apixiegrl
« Reply #590 on: October 16, 2005 07:07:06 PM »

hehe so cute. I like the color.. and i like ac moore!!... we dont have them where i live.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jessaska
« Reply #591 on: October 18, 2005 11:13:06 PM »

I am starting on the hourglass sweater (hopefully) tomorrow. I'm doing it in the grass green color noro - just waiting on the needles to come in (seems like its taking forever).

So, soon I will be able to post a picture of it here and smile proudly and yammer on about my first sweater.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
erincatherine
« Reply #592 on: October 22, 2005 09:32:20 AM »

hello all....i, too, am a fan of this book, and share the sentiments of many fellow craftsters in the amazingly beautiful quality of the yarn/pieces.  and all of the finished pieces are beautiful that are posted here!!
I have many visions of grandeur in producing the hourglass sweater, and many others, but I have only started the elephant stuffed animal. (the new niece gets priority). I noticed some of you made this lovely toy.  I substituted Knitpicks Shine, and modified the pattern a bit (i am doing 26"/4in instead of 18), and I just got to the head, and I am about 4 rows up from the increase.  It looks more like a football playing (short, thick neck, broad shouldered) elephant rather than a graceful, adorable toy I have seen in the photos and on this post.  So, my question: once the finishing, stuffing and stitching the two "neck-tightening" threads, does the shape come out to be correct? Did others find this weird shape to be the case when they were knitting?  I am worried to spend the time finishing the head to only be disappointed.  I am an experienced knitter but I have never knit a "sculpture" before.  I would post a photo to show what I am concerned about, but I am visiting said niece and my parents' computer is pathetically slow....and I don't know how!!
Thanks for any help/advice!!! I would love to finish it this weekend....
k
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my etsy shop! Zeitgeist Yarns: www.zeitgeistyarns.etsy.com

and my brand new blog: www.zeitgeistyarns.blogspot.com
luv2stitch

Sometimes it's knit and sometimes it's crochet.

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 22, 2005 01:35:03 PM »

This is the men's version that I made for my son. I added a thumb gusset because I felt it looked better so all in all this project took longer than the suggested two to four hour time range. I suppose they mean two to four hours per wrist warmer because those stitches would really be flying off the needles if you could do the pair in two to four hours.  I liked how it was made completely in the round but I didn't have 8" circulars so I had to use dpns. If I had the correct size circulars, I could imagine that these would just knit up really fast.

I used Patons Classic Merino Wool in Deep Olive.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010 10:46:45 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftykate
« Reply #594 on: October 22, 2005 05:25:52 PM »

hello all....i, too, am a fan of this book, and share the sentiments of many fellow craftsters in the amazingly beautiful quality of the yarn/pieces.  and all of the finished pieces are beautiful that are posted here!!
I have many visions of grandeur in producing the hourglass sweater, and many others, but I have only started the elephant stuffed animal. (the new niece gets priority). I noticed some of you made this lovely toy.  I substituted Knitpicks Shine, and modified the pattern a bit (i am doing 26"/4in instead of 18), and I just got to the head, and I am about 4 rows up from the increase.  It looks more like a football playing (short, thick neck, broad shouldered) elephant rather than a graceful, adorable toy I have seen in the photos and on this post.  So, my question: once the finishing, stuffing and stitching the two "neck-tightening" threads, does the shape come out to be correct? Did others find this weird shape to be the case when they were knitting?  I am worried to spend the time finishing the head to only be disappointed.  I am an experienced knitter but I have never knit a "sculpture" before.  I would post a photo to show what I am concerned about, but I am visiting said niece and my parents' computer is pathetically slow....and I don't know how!!
Thanks for any help/advice!!! I would love to finish it this weekend....
k

Mine was super weird looking until I did the little neck strings. I was working on it at work a lot during lunch and all my co workers kept saying, "I think their is something wrong with that glove you're making." It looked nothing like the finished product, so I wouldn't worry too much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
Trebuchet

I already made infinity of those at scout camp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #595 on: October 23, 2005 06:50:15 AM »

Whoa, this thread is HUGE.  Smiley  All the amazing FOs in this thread are so inspiring.  What a great book!

Also, I finished my first Hourglass sweater this weekend and love it.

Details on my bloggy blog.  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luv2stitch

Sometimes it's knit and sometimes it's crochet.

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 23, 2005 07:29:40 AM »

Trebuchet-- your Hourglass Sweater is awesome. Great job. I love the color. Nice even knitting. Looks good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
apixiegrl
« Reply #597 on: October 23, 2005 08:28:29 AM »

Trebuchet.. your hourglass sweater looks better than the original in the book!!! The yarn worked up really nice. Which yarn did u use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trebuchet

I already made infinity of those at scout camp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #598 on: October 23, 2005 09:43:11 AM »

Aw shucks.  Smiley  Thanks for all the sweet comments!

I used Rowan Handknit DK cotton.  GREAT yarn. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

francie pants
« Reply #599 on: October 23, 2005 08:43:42 PM »

i've made a few things from this.... here's what i have pictures of... i made Ellie for a crafting smackdown.  i won  Grin 

and here is her big sister, Bunny.  my husband has taken an odd shine to bunny.  i've caught him napping with her on the couch on occasion.  and once, when i was beyond frustrated, i slammed bunny on the couch several times... from the look on his face, you woulda thought i was swinging the cats around.  so when he goes on extended weekends for work, i slip her into his bag.  he was even a little uncomfortable with me putting the needles through her paws  Roll Eyes

i love the hourglass sweater!!!!  but i swore i wouldn't knit myself a sweater until after i lost this weight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Stabilize Node Part 1/2 - Shake 4.1
How to Use the Stabilize Node Part 2/2 - Shake 4.1
How to Create Advanced Color Keying Part 1/2 - Apple Color
How to Create Advanced Color Keying Part 2/2 - Apple Color
How to Use Custom Shapes Part 1/2 - Apple Color
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...