A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,458
Currently Running With Scissors:
700 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts"  (Read 173128 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ultraviolet
« Reply #410 on: March 30, 2005 06:54:18 AM »

I, too, have leftover yarn from Grace which I plan to use for the Airy Scarf (My Grace is done, but dang - it's not as easy as it looks!)

Atouria, I love your Hourglass Sweater! I just bought some Cash Iroha from ebay and plan to start mine soon. It's dark turquoise and totally gorgeous but I have no idea how it will look on me. I kind of wish I could try on these sweaters before I make them Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
BiblioDiva
« Reply #411 on: March 31, 2005 08:01:17 AM »

I'm a new knitter and new to Craftster. I working on knitting seven of the Airy Scarves as bridesmaid's presents for a friend. Once I figured out how to do the yarnover, the pattern was a breeze! I've really enjoyed making those scarves (only 3 more to go by mid- May) and if you don't already have the book get it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am proud of whom I am... I am a librarian!" -- The Mummy (1999) //
"Are all librarians this much trouble?" - The Mummy Returns (2001)
Atouria

Craftster in progress...

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 31, 2005 10:02:00 AM »

Thanks for all the compliments, guys!  It's a little big, but that's ok.  It'll be super snuggly in the winter. 

Ultraviolet, I'm with ya on the turquoise.  I keep seeing pretty turquoise yarn, but I'm just not sure how it will look on me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aurelia615
Rrriot Librrrarian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: April 03, 2005 10:17:58 PM »

what is this "Grace" you speak of?  is that out of weekend knitting?  sounds familliar...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Listen to me.  These people walk imaginary pets.  On a f***ing leash. And they're all heavily armed and drunk.  New York is boring.  I'll call you later."  -John Cusack in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
My blog: http://cabbageeatsyarn.blogspot.com
ultraviolet
« Reply #414 on: April 04, 2005 02:13:12 PM »

Grace is from knitty.com. It is listed as Mellow, but beware - there is a TON of finishing! And I think I have somehow been deeply traumatized by working with the mohair yarn (I used GGH Soft Kid). I keep seeing patterns for beautiful sweaters, but as soon as I see that they use this yarn, I immediately discard the idea. Which is sad, because many of them are from Rebecca and I haven't tried any of their patterns yet.

My hourglass is going well so far - I'm becoming more and more convinced that the turquoise will look great on me Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
kadreath

best sweater.....ever

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 05, 2005 08:59:51 AM »

i wanted to try out the Cash Iroha before committing to a big project like the Hour Glass sweater with it, so i made the women's wrist warmers.  i'm ultra happy with them because i knit them flat and then seamed them up and the seam ended up nearly disapearing Cheesy (ps.  i freakin' love this yarn...DAMN IT!)

<--pic of seam cause i'm so proud Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ultraviolet
« Reply #416 on: April 05, 2005 06:33:52 PM »

Seam? What seam? I don't see a seam!  Smiley

It is lovely yarn, but get it while you can. I hear it's being discontinued. I got a good price on it from ebay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ms.Snit

I knit therefore I am...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: April 05, 2005 11:01:27 PM »

Ages ago, I said I'd post my chunky drawstring gift bag... but alas, I don't have a digital camera and feel silly using up film for the sole purpose of gloating on Craftster.

That said, I'm posting crappy webcam pictures of my chunky drawstring gift bag for the sole purpose of gloating on Craftster.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.spunmag.com - Not just knittin' pretty
justlease
« Reply #418 on: April 06, 2005 06:59:53 AM »

Last night I made the angora booties!  I hate working with DPNs, so I usually avoid projects that require them, but these are so worth it.

I used white Belangor brand angora.  I have to say that they are absolutely the most adorable things I've ever seen in my life and so quick, too!  I implore you, if you know anyone that's having a baby, definitely definitely make a pair of these.  Even if you don't know anyone that's having a baby right now...make them anyway just to hold in your hand and admire. 

Now I have to find a itty bitty hat pattern, since I the angora I originally ordered for the project came, but since it's handspun and thicker wouldn't work for the booties, but will make a lovely little matching hat.   Suggestions, anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tell me, are you a badfish too?

scattered-knitting.blogspot.com
nsolis
« Reply #419 on: April 06, 2005 07:42:53 PM »

After lurking on this thread for a couple of days and reading all the posts about everyone's projects, I decided to put aside the frustrating project I was working on and bought yarn to make the leg warmers (I'll need them to keep me warm at night in the summer in chilly San Francisco). I did my gauge swatch last night on straights, using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino in a Wedgewood blue and a Jaeger mohair in light blue. They're different weights than the yarns in the pattern, but the gauge worked out fine.

Now I just have to wait for my 12" circulars I just ordered online to arrive. Has anyone else made the leg warmers? I'm wondering if I could've used 16" circulars (and avoided the wait).

By the way, everyone's projects look really great. I love the stuffed animals, especially.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Get a Natural Mohawk Hairstyle - Finishing Touches
Learn how to Get a Natural Mohawk Hairstyle - Customizing with Shears
Learn how to Get a Natural Mohawk Hairstyle - Cut with Clippers
Learn how to Get a Natural Mohawk Hairstyle - Set Up Guidelines
Learn how to Get a Natural Mohawk Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...