A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,869
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts"  (Read 178880 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amobabe

I'm a llama's mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: February 21, 2005 03:31:52 PM »

So, I did a "bear" from LMKG but it looks more like a cat. I used wool felt for the eyes and nose and used a super soft alpaca from knitwits.com. Here it is:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
daria

and how does lemur skin reflect the sea?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: February 21, 2005 04:35:06 PM »

What a great bear/cat!  So cute and I love the choice of colors.  Very untraditional and very cool.  Nice job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Jose brought up the blueprints for a new ranch house. . .I have this strange feeling that the blueprints and the knitting instructions got switched. . ."

I May Be Knitting A Ranch House
alicesonmarie
« Reply #332 on: February 21, 2005 04:41:18 PM »

ooooo... i love that. i really wasnt impressed with the bear pattern in the book. for some reason it just looked wrong to me. but i really like what you did with it. im inspired to try something similar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sqrlgrrl
« Reply #333 on: February 21, 2005 08:34:29 PM »

Hee hee...so I just finished the "boyfriend cashmere" scarf - but I did it in a yummy alpaca in a blue/gray (his choice). And I followed the incorrect pattern in the book. The whole time I kept saying "It doesn't look anything like the picture!" But I figured it was just my less-than-perfect knitting skills and it was looking nice anyway. In the end, it was kind of a relief to look up the pattern on the website and realize that it wouldn't look anything like the picture with the pattern I was following! So if anyone is curious about how it would turn out following the book pattern (hope you can see the detail - it is folded in half thus you can see how the back looks too):

It is a bit lighter and lacier than the original, but he likes it and wears it. What more can I ask for?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010 10:46:09 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
elisha

if not now, when?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: February 22, 2005 04:27:05 AM »

amobabe,
i love your bearcat! it's so funny, i just made one last week for a friend's new baby, and mine looks like a cat, too...we've been calling it the bearcat.. Cheesy...i'll try to get it back long enough to take a picture. i love what you did with his (?) face. mine looks kinda french...i'm not sure why. i used a soft alpaca/wool blend that i got from tearing apart one of my husband's sweaters. your stripes are very cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...the whole world is a narrow bridge, and the main thing is to have no fear at all...
ultraviolet
« Reply #335 on: February 22, 2005 06:13:37 AM »

sqrlgrrl - i like your scarf! I still find it odd that they managed to put the completely wrong pattern in the book, but it's nice to know how it would turn out. I made one of these for my bf for xmas (in gray alpaca) following the corrected directions. It does look like the picture in the book, but it curls like crazy so it's just this narrow cord-like thing. It's still nice and he wears it, but I'm a little disappointed at the poor design.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
lani
« Reply #336 on: February 22, 2005 07:30:32 AM »

I'm working on the bear too! It's my most ambitious project yet, but so far it's been fun.  I'll post pictures when I'm done. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A haiku:
If I could have one
My superpower would be
To talk to lemurs
knitknit
« Reply #337 on: February 22, 2005 07:48:53 AM »

I'm thinking about ordering this book, and I was wondering if they taught cables in it?
Everyones projects look so great

thanks a lot
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maureenanne
« Reply #338 on: February 22, 2005 10:00:08 AM »

hi all.  so i finished one of the hats from lmkg, which i will post a picture of as soon as i have one (it came out great, and was the first hat i ever tried).  i also began the airy scarf.  but i noticed something weird.  for the eylet row, the directions read k1, k2together, yo, and to repeat that across the row, ending with k1.  however, if you do it with 22 stitches, like she says to cast on, you end with k2.  although i've been knitting for a year and a half, i am new to reading patterns.  am i seeing something incorrect?  will it even matter?  maybe someone who has already done this knows?  thanks for any advice.  i am using the recommended kid silk haze.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005 10:12:08 AM by maureenanne » THIS ROCKS   Logged
maureenanne
« Reply #339 on: February 22, 2005 10:13:07 AM »

help? - i tried, i really tried to put a scrollbar in my last post, but can't seem to do it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Short Hair Styling Makeover
Long Hair Makeover
Home Makeup and Hair Tips
Wedding Hairstyle Ideas
Pre-wedding Hair Treatment Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...