A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 301,601
Currently Running With Scissors:
507 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts"  (Read 181395 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lili
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2004 09:48:28 AM »

i love the hat! was in knit in the round?

ive knitted up about five of the one hour hats so i think i need to try something a little more advanced.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
erindezeeuw

How am I not myself?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2004 10:41:11 AM »

aw jeez . . . now I MUST buy this book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This may be for sale on my etsy:
creme-tangerine

myspace

How am I not myself?
Tere
« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2004 10:48:49 AM »

hi tere...
as for the rib on the wristwarmers...hmmm...let's see (i have to dig them out of my pockets cuz they've been keeping my arms warm all day!) i think what i understood is that you have to split the purl stitches - one on each side of the opening. so the rib shouldn't change at all. it ends up looking really cool - with the knitted part of the rib outlining either side (running up the side of you thumb, sort of) is this clear?
and i love your hats...both you are gertie came up with some gorgeous head toppers! nice work.
gertie, i think i have to make an airy scarf next. (now that i finished the kyoto from knitty...phew!)
Thanks Elisha, the second one did turn out ok. And besides, he's my dad, he has to like it  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mojisha
« Reply #143 on: December 23, 2004 12:25:14 PM »

Hey guys!  Pretty new 'round these parts.  I saw the book a few weeks ago and wanted it, but I must say that this thread totally sparked my interest anew!  I ordered my book yesterday from Amazon.  Alas, I must have angered the same gods as booglass (who, for some reason I keep thinking in my mind is named bugaboo...ok, I'm my grandma now...I can accept that) because my order has been completely messed up.  I have no idea how much I am paying or when the book is being shipped.  I try talking with this very-nice-yet-heavily-accented lady last night who tried to help, to no avail. So, for now I need to be good and finish up my Christmas knits and wait patiently.  I just wanted to say everyone's finish projects look GORGEOUS!  I'm drooling on the keyboard... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my new digs at http://shysalamander.typepad.com
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: December 23, 2004 12:32:58 PM »

mojisha - Funny since several family members call me bugaboo.  Ah, fell free to call me bugaboo tooi! 

Best of luck with the book......it is worth the wait.  And this thread should keep you inspired while you wait!   

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gertie_T
« Reply #145 on: December 23, 2004 10:04:31 PM »

Thanks all for the nice things said about my projects, and my "semi-fight" (that's the term I give to a fight where we both keep our senses of humor!). As you suspected, Booglass, I was right and he was, in fact, WRONG. Tee hee.

Booglass, this would be very pretty in a variegated mohair. You could really do this project in a variety of yarns, though you might want to go up a needle size or so if the yarn is thicker. I'm thinking about trying it with GGH Soft Kid (I have some left over in a very pretty lime green color), which is a thicker mohair, and using size 11 or 13 needles.

Oh, and Lili, the hat is knit in the round. That's one of the many reasons I love it so! You start with a circ 16" needle, and then switch to DPNs once you've started decreasing. Easy peasy, and it makes that cute swirl pattern on the top!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ms.Snit

I knit therefore I am...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: December 24, 2004 07:00:55 AM »

All the projects that have been made look lovely.  Yay for this book and for crafty craftster knitters!

I'm one inch away from completing one of the little pouches featured on the cover of the book. I used kind of chunky yarn so it's not as dainty looking as their picture, but I'm still hopeful that it'll be great.  I'll post pics when I'm finished.  (hopefully tonight!)

... and happy holidays!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.spunmag.com - Not just knittin' pretty
Tere
« Reply #147 on: December 24, 2004 07:50:41 AM »

O yes, post a pic asap! This is a great book. I think I've made more things from this one book than any other I've bought. Can't wait to see the pouch!
Tere Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitstuff
queen of all I survey

so many crafts, so little time, money, space, etc.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: December 25, 2004 06:17:10 AM »

Just got this book for xmas, and after reading everyone's comments about it, I can't wait to start on something from it.

hmm, maybe start on next year's presents???

Jen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: December 25, 2004 09:09:37 AM »

The spacing of the eyelets on my chidlren's cotton hat seem off.......it is my first crack at yos and I have done, undone and redone it three times.  So I am just going to go ahead and finish and see what happens...........but in the end I might have a mild case of stitch-n-botch BUT at elat I am overcoming my fear of yarn overs!

QUICK QUESTION - When the direction says yo is that one stitch (bringinthe yarn to front and knitting) or two stictches (knit one then bring yarn to front and knitting).  I think I'll hold off and see if I get a response.......better to do it right.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Wavy Hair - Prep
Learn to Style Wavy Hair
Learn how to Create a Fashion Forward Bob - Styling and Finishing
Learn how to Create a Fashion Forward Bob - Flat Iron
Learn how to Create a Fashion Forward Bob - Blow Drying
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...