A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,051
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 87
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts"  (Read 175321 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lani
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2004 03:53:47 PM »

I wish I had a digital camera!  I've made several of the hats and scarves, but I can't show pictures   Embarrassed  I'm pretty new to knitting still, so I've started having fun with the hats and using interesting yarns...I used this super fun (and super cheap!) yarn that I found at my LYS that changes thicknesses (if that's a word!) and colors from white, to brown, to blue.  The hat I made with looks really great, and I'm having a very difficult time giving it away - I must get more and make one for myself!

RE - the spiral...I've been following the pattern in the book, and I haven't noticed the spiral pattern in the hats I've made so far  Huh  Maybe it's a quality of the yarn?

The Manos yarn is awesome, and I love that it's for a charity.  The texture (and smell, for some reason) makes me think of cotton candy.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2004 03:55:19 PM by lani » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A haiku:
If I could have one
My superpower would be
To talk to lemurs
Tere
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2004 05:05:26 PM »

Iani, yes, its kind fruity, isn't it? Probably completely my imagination, but whatever!  Cheesy
Thanks Gertie, I can't wait to see those pics. The colour was a mix of purples; It varied from pale blue, to almost-black-purple, to pink to almost white-the photo really doesn't do it justice, I can't get over the way this yarn is dyed. It really is awsome. I would love to knit a sweater in this yarn.
thanks!
Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: December 21, 2004 01:58:24 PM »

I got my book!!!!   YIPEE!!!

Of course, yesterday they credited me for the book and it then it came today, so I called back and had them recharge me for the book.  It was almost free...............
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stoliedina
« Reply #133 on: December 21, 2004 07:16:30 PM »

Greeeeat, another knitting book that I'll have to buy.

<the above sentence drips with sarcasm>

Love the hat Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

http://www.geekxnerd.com/
http://geekxnerd.etsy.com
Tere
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2004 05:10:16 AM »

Hey Elisha (or anyone else who has tried the men's wristwarmers),
I was wondering if you found any problems with the pattern. When I began knitting to form the thumbhole, the rib pattern changed so that my purls and knits didn't match up anymore. I followed the pattern to the T. It looked really strange to me, so I ripped out four rows to start again where I'd left off, just continuing the rib pattern the way it had been established, and it looks fine; Perhaps the rib pattern was meant to change? Or perhaps I did misread the pattern...Just wanted to get some feedback before maybe emailing Joelle Hoverson about it.
Thanks a lot   Smiley
Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pretendingsanity
« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2004 07:55:51 AM »

A few pages back, but I'm too lazy to look, is a link to book corrections.  I remember that there was something about the wrist warmers.  Hope that helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gertie_T
« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2004 11:53:04 PM »

Okey dokey . . . here are my recent projects from this book. The first is a "Kim's Hat" that I made from a very yummy Blue Sky Alpacas worsted yarn in light pink. I attached a very beautiful brooch that I inherited from my grandma. Yay for sparkles!

The second is another airy scarf that I made in a color that is more "me." Please excuse the picture . . . my husband and I were semi-fighting, and this is the best I could get. Yay marriage!

« Last Edit: March 18, 2010 10:44:54 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tere
« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2004 04:27:17 AM »

Gertie, those are GREAT Tongue I'm drooling as weak speak- that is such a nice idea to put a pretty brooch on your hat, and it goes so well with the color of the hat. You're ahead of the fashion world, Gertie! And the scarf is awsome, too. The brighter pink seems to bring out the pattern more.

I'm sure you and your man will  be better soon. Fighting, or semi-fighting really is a downer, but usually you can learn something from it (unless you're super-stubborn, like myself...he he). Anyway, keep knitting, you are really inspiring!
Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elisha

if not now, when?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2004 05:31:49 AM »

hi tere...
as for the rib on the wristwarmers...hmmm...let's see (i have to dig them out of my pockets cuz they've been keeping my arms warm all day!) i think what i understood is that you have to split the purl stitches - one on each side of the opening. so the rib shouldn't change at all. it ends up looking really cool - with the knitted part of the rib outlining either side (running up the side of you thumb, sort of) is this clear?
and i love your hats...both you are gertie came up with some gorgeous head toppers! nice work.
gertie, i think i have to make an airy scarf next. (now that i finished the kyoto from knitty...phew!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...the whole world is a narrow bridge, and the main thing is to have no fear at all...
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2004 08:24:34 AM »

Gertie - Love the hat!!!!    I couldn't get my paws on Kid Haze so I making the scarf with a variegated mohair.........since you've made many airy scarves, do you think this will work out ok? 

And whatever the semi-fight is about, um you are so right and he is sooooo wrong.   Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 87 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mallory Cornelison: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 2
Mallory Cornelison: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 1
Megan Moore: The Revlon Makeover Challenge
Marianna Hewitt: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 1
Marianna Hewitt: The Revlon Makeover Challenge Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...