A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
486 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spare Parts Coasters  (Read 18746 times)
Tags for this thread: acrylic , coaster  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Buns
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2008 08:35:25 AM »

These rule!  Would you be able to do any with paper in the middle, or is it way too hot?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
foldingj
Tribal Handy Man

Reality Bites, I have the teeth marks to prove it

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2008 06:28:45 PM »

Hot? Not much heat. Just a little from the chemical reaction between the resin and the hardner. The paper idea may work, depending on the paper. I did some with playing cards but they didn't turn out too good. Looked like wet paper. But others I did with printed copies of baseball cards, and they turned out fine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ah, the internet. Where men are men, women are men, and children are police officers.

My Etsy - http://www.jasonscreations.etsy.com
              NOW OPEN
Yahoo 360 page - http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-4tBJU_MicqowzxNMxuRE64AWogbslNcZkw--?cq=1
Buns
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2008 08:28:32 PM »

Good to know!  Thanks for the tip, maybe I'll mess around with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
polaris082411
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2008 11:11:32 PM »

Grin WOW..... SO GOOD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make your home in oritental style!
http://www.discovery5000.com/chanpin.asp
nrglog
« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2008 07:24:04 AM »

Just what I have been looking for.  Have you ever used cross stitch items with the acrylic?  Just wondering how they would work out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
foldingj
Tribal Handy Man

Reality Bites, I have the teeth marks to prove it

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2008 08:53:48 AM »

Just what I have been looking for.  Have you ever used cross stitch items with the acrylic?  Just wondering how they would work out.

Never tried any type of fabric. I take that back. I did try some fabric small button flowers, and they turned out pretty good. I tried some old bottle caps for Christmas and those were awesome too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ah, the internet. Where men are men, women are men, and children are police officers.

My Etsy - http://www.jasonscreations.etsy.com
              NOW OPEN
Yahoo 360 page - http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-4tBJU_MicqowzxNMxuRE64AWogbslNcZkw--?cq=1
wasabipeasrule

Nuffin' but muffins

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2008 09:07:41 AM »

These are DELIGHTFUL. If I could make these, I might actually be tempted to use coasters around here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Um, hi everyone, I'm sarah, and I'm a craftaholic...
marlenecapote
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2008 06:28:58 AM »

woooHoo! First time poster and long time craft creeper.  So, I was greatly inspired by your coasters that I had to try them out for my self.  I got the same glaze you did and also went down the paint section and picked up a few of their clear quart sized mixing cups.  I know I should have reused something but, I did make  a gallant effort in looking at home. Also, they were pretty cheap at .78  cents!

A couple of things we ( the fiance wanted to get in on the action, too! ) noticed.  The side that faces the cup came out frosty.  The top part that was getting "air" was completely clear. Good to know if you are putting something in it that has a right side up. Getting them out of the cups took a bit of effort.  I have found that if you put your hand inside the cup and push the sides of the cup away from the coaster you'll start hearing it "snap" off of the cup leaving air bubbles all the way around.  Then you can just give it a whack and it will pop right off!  Another thing we noticed about using the mixing cups is that it made a perfect indention for your cup to sit in!  It also looks like we will be able to re use them for the next go around.  Well worth the .78 cents.

I'll try to post up some pics later!

Thanks for the brilliant idea and I hope some of these tips help.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RamenQueen
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2008 09:50:45 AM »

I'm in love with this. I think i may have found what my family will me getting for next christmas!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nrglog
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2009 08:05:43 AM »

Wow.  I made some cross stitch Christmas  coasters and they came out great.  I also found some square clear plastic sandwich containers and used them.  everything came out clear and they came right out, much easier then the plastic electric tape containers. Would love to show you but I don't know how to download the picture.  I have not yet  decided what I will put on the bottom so they show the stitching on the back.  Hummmm that just might be interesting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...