A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hot Tea with Fruit in it? HELP!!  (Read 1912 times)
Tags for this thread: tea , fruit  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Besosmom2
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007 08:11:46 PM »

Frozen fruits sounds really good....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007 08:19:57 PM »

Frozen fruits sounds really good....

Slightly off topic, but frozen fruit can be a very good substitute for ice. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
hp_nerd
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007 08:11:32 AM »

Okay, guys, I saw this, added orange juice to the grocery list

And two days later, here it is, my fruit tea, right it front of me, untasted. 

Steeped for about.. two minutes?  Three?

I call it "Sunset"; some chopped watermelon, frozen raspberry, and some strawberries, then I added OJ until it was half full, then topped off with hot water.
Oh, and a little, itty bit of honey, to ward of the bitter orange juice flavor this stuff has. 

Now, to taste...

A bit tart, but very.. fruity.  Yum.  Thumbs up!  (Especially good if you are sick, like I am)

EDIT:: Just slurped in a piece of fruit, which has gotten spft and warm and even more juicy and fruity in a delicious sort of way.

EDIT, EDIT::  This gets better and better..
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007 08:15:50 AM by hp_nerd » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The cure for anything is salt water.  Sweat, tears, or the sea." -Isak Dinesen

Personal Swap?

My Wist.
Beadbakery
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007 07:03:33 AM »

I couldn't be more thrilled with all your suggestions!! I've been away for a couple of weeks and got some fuit/herbals teas when I was away.  I tried one last night with honey but it wasn't the same so I'm going to try the fruit juice method...and frozen fruit I have already.

I'll keep everyone posted!! Thanks again
THIS ROCKS   Logged

playinghooky
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007 12:51:12 PM »

Everyone has such great suggestions.  I wanted to throw something out there too.  We have a Korean friend who steeps tea bags and then adds some of this (apparently typical) Korean marmalade type stuff.  We were in a Korean market and saw that there are tons of varieties...some with quince, some with orange...very common and that's how they sweeten and flavor tea made with tea leaves.  It has chunks of fruit the way a normal marmalade does.  Yum!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For the love of all things scrumptious or crafty
http://figswithbri.com/
lovely_enigma

Random tends to be = or > awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009 06:46:54 PM »

Hi there! I just stumbled across this & had a recipe or two to suggest. What you were probably served is actually called a tisane, not technically a tea. A tisane is any brew not made from a derivative of the tea plant (such as oolong, black, pekoe, green, white, etc). It can include fruit, fruit oils, roots, bark, spices, flowers or herbs. Herbal tea is technically not a tea either since it contains no tea leaves. It's a tisane as well. Tisane's generally have a much less potent taste & are more palatable to the "non-tea drinker."

For a good citrus herbal tisane, similar to one you would find blended at a fancy tea house, I would suggest the oil from the peel of half an orange (more or less to taste), a few pinches of honeybush (similar to rooibos, or red "tea", and sweet by nature- generally sold in bulk at natural food stores or tea houses), a small amount (maybe one pinch) of hibiscus or rose hips, and an equal amount of echinacea (mild in flavor and used to ward off colds, flu and fatigue). Using either chessecloth or a loose leaf tea strainer, combine the ingredients and place in your cup. Cover with water that is just off the boil, 5-6 oz. for one serving. Let steep 1-4 minutes depending on your desired level of strength. Stir in a small bit of honey, agave, royal jelly or raw sugar (again to taste) and the juice of your peeled orange. Just before service, float a segment of orange reserved from the zesting & juicing process above.

The citrus could be replaced by another fruit as honeybush lends itself to any sweet pairing. I make a "pumpkin pie tea" by making an orange tisane (like the one above), adding cardamom, ginger, white peppercorn and nutmeg & floating a cinnamon stick in the liquid during steeping. The flavors are similar to chai, but the addition of orange to chai is an old trick I picked up when I was a barista to mimick the familiar taste of pumpkin pie. After the tea strainer and cinnamon stick are removed, stir in a small amount of natural sweetener and some soy milk. Regular milk or cream will curdle due to the citrus if the levels are wrong, but you can play around with it & get it to work.  Grin

Just a little personal tidbit: My Irish grandmother taught all us grandkids to love our tea & we still religiously have "tea time" everyday Smiley I loved it so much I became a barista when I went away to college. Then I worked in a tea house to pick up some tips & tricks. That really is the whole reason I took that job. haha. I cannot say enough about the joys of tea. It truly does wondrous things for stress level & sensory memory. Each trip I take I always drink a different variety of tea, that way all the memories and experiences come flooding back when I drink it. Like for me, peppermint tea will forever be linked to a trip to Ireland and mango-infused green tea is evocative of my trip to China. Nothing feels so much like home, even when very far away, as a steaming cup of tea (or tisane Cheesy)

Hope this wasn't an overload. Undecided Good luck on your journey! Just keep looking. There is something out there for everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The thoughts of a woman ride the misty mountain tops & roam the lush valleys. The heart is just another lovely enigma.

Blog:
http://lovelyenigma.wordpress.com/
http://curingpleonasm.tumblr.com/

http://www.wists.com/intheirishmist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Play A Augmented 7
Learn How To Trade Emini Future June 15
Creative Greeting Card Ideas
Interview With Comedian Trevor Boris
Interview With Comedian Laurie Elliott
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...