A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,498
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hot Tea with Fruit in it? HELP!!  (Read 2003 times)
Tags for this thread: tea , fruit  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Beadbakery
« on: May 19, 2007 07:54:23 AM »

Here's the story, my b/f took me to this geat new tea house in our city, but i dont like tea (or any hot beverages).  I ordered manderin orange tea and loved it except when the bill came and the first tea that I ever liked was $6.99!! So the Craftster in me knew I could make this myself, but I can't figure it out.  I've search the internet and come up with nothing.

This is what I'm looking for:
Hot tea mix, maybe herbal, that doesn't have a strong traditional tea taste, more fruity or juice like that you also have slices of fruit in(or thrown in after the hot water is added).  I just don't know what kind of tea (or tea and juice mix) to use...

PLEASE HELP this tight budget crafter become grown up and drink hot beverages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennygurl
He knows me better than I know myself

Smile til it hurts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007 11:50:54 AM »

You know whats good is the Bigelow brand of Orange spice tea. I'm not a fan or Earl Grey I think it tastes like pepper perfume in my mouth so I can relate. You can try the tea section at your local supermarket and try all the berry and fruit teas. I don't think they're that expensive. It's probably less money for a whole box of mixed fruity tea, for like under 4 or 5 bucks you can get the whole box vs.only paying for one cup. Anyway let me know how it goes! Pm me
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness" Psalm 17:15
http://beautymania.ecrater.com/-beauty on a budget
chamaecyparis
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007 02:07:15 PM »

Celestial Seasonings makes a bunch of fruit teas, you can usually find them in the supermarket, so you could give those a try.  They usually have hibiscus in them, though, so if you don't like that you might not like them (it has a tart flavor).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
serialdeviant
Like personal swaps? Me too.

This was completely unintentional

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007 05:10:17 AM »

When I was in China most of the coffee shops served fabulous fruit tea. It was orange juice mixed with a little hot water (probably 1:1 ratio), add a tea bag and pieces of orange, apple, pineapple, and so on (there was one that added dried rose petals for colour).

Delish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Besosmom2
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007 07:39:49 PM »

I am guessing that you had a fruit tea? It has very small amounts of tea leaves. And large amounts of dried fruits that are cut up very small.

You could add fruit juice to the a regular tea that you have steeped for a short amount of time?(a minute)
You could try white tea leaves?
You can try putting the oil from the rind into the tea?

You should get a sampler pack of fruit teas, then try a bunch of options.

I love trying a white tea leaf with a little orange oil....

Orange oil really easy to make. Take an orange and shave a peice of the peel off. Take that bit of peel and twist it while it is in the mug. You'll see the oil coming out of the peel. If you want drop the peel into the mug as well. There you go....

Good luck

THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007 07:40:48 PM »

When I was in China most of the coffee shops served fabulous fruit tea. It was orange juice mixed with a little hot water (probably 1:1 ratio), add a tea bag and pieces of orange, apple, pineapple, and so on (there was one that added dried rose petals for colour).

Delish!

China had THE BEST fruit tea. My family and I went to a tea shop and got to sample tons of different types and the fruit was my favorite. The guy also taught us the proper way to hold a tea cup.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
mightcouldpress
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007 09:09:01 AM »

I've never tried this with oranges, but I love making straight black tea and adding pieces of frozen fruit to each cup.  Fruit that's been peeled and then frozen works best (Peaches, Mango, etc.)  It makes for a wonderful cup of tea and it's cost-effective.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
L-train
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007 09:27:48 AM »

Did it actually have any tea in it? If it's not actually tea, you can just add hot water to fruit juice and get the same effect. If there are actual tea leaves involved and you want a mild tea flavour, just briefly dunk a tea bag in the hot water & juice mixture. I'm pretty sure the fruity teas (technically not tea, but "infusions") you can buy in the supermarket are just bits of dried fruit and spices in a teabag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krissykat
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007 09:40:48 AM »

Tetley makes herbal teas now (they come in cute little round containers). They're less pricey than other herbal teas. I've only tried the "Summer Berry", but it's really good. It doesn't taste like tea at all, more like Kool-Aid or something. I don't even sweeten it. They also have Cranberry, Wildberry, and Orange Peach which sounds like it might be closest to what you're looking for. I don't know if you've ever tried Peppermint tea, but that's really nice too. Not the least bit bitter.

I also found this recipe for Iced Mandarin Orange Tea that looks pretty easy. You could always serve it hot too, of course.

Hope that helps! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MySpace*My Wists*My Knitting/Crafting Blog*My Etsy* Watch for updates!
MorbidlyCute on Ravelry.com
L-train
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007 10:00:48 AM »

I don't know if you've ever tried Peppermint tea, but that's really nice too. Not the least bit bitter.

I second the peppermint tea suggestion! It's one of my favourites & a great way to warm up when you don't want caffeine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rita Hazan: How to Cover Gray Hair at Home
Testing the "Air Curler"
How to Do a 60s Bouffant
Rihanna Goes Ice Grey
Your High-Volume Secret Weapon for Fine Hair Is Here
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...