A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,071
Currently Running With Scissors:
778 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zelda-Themed Game Boy Cozy *Now With Pattern!*  (Read 25068 times)
Tags for this thread: zelda , nintendo , video_game , tutorial , chart , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ImperiestroMary

Those cubists were a bunch of squares.

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2004 09:25:58 AM »

Including design and charting and all, this took about 2 days. There is definite room for improvement.. the extra-wide gussety bit is kinda cute, but it would look nice with normal sides (ie, make the front/back panel wider). On the front, you can see Link with his shield, the back features the reverse of that same image, and I even threw in a little triforce on the flap. That little yellow thing you might see is a pin keeping it closed before I sew a snap onto the flap.

When I look at the back, I think "frankencozy." The more I look at it, the worse my tension looks. But that was NINE colors, and not a single duplicate stitch. Hoo-ah.

It will be my sister's Christmas present. Now, all I have to do is sneak the gameboy back into her room...

Front:

Back:

Top:

-------

Pattern:

You need:

-US Size 4 needles
-A wee bit each of green, light green, yellow, black, red, blue, brown, peachy-skin-color, and the background color of your choice (I used a rusty red color, the same that I used on my shield). I just used whatever I had lying around, some worsted, some sport-ish weight, some embroidery floss held in a couple strands.. my light green was even kinda chunky. And it looked just fine. Use what you have.

Charts:

Front:

Back:

Triforce:

Procedure:

With MC, CO 19 sts. Work 5 rows in stockinette stitch, then begin front chart (head first). Work 11 rows in MC, and begin back chart (feet first). Work 7 rows with MC and begin triforce chart (pointy end first). Work 5 more rows. On sixth row, k2tog, work to last two stitches, ssk. Bind off.

Beginning at the top right corner of the front, with MC (or maybe with a different color, that could be cute), pick up 25 sts from the side of the panel. Work 14 rows st st. Bind off, repeat this paragraph on the left side of the front.

Sit the whole thing RS down, and fold the back up into a cozy-oid shape. Using mattress stitch, sew the "wings" picked up from the front to their corresponding back edge. I didn't sew the wing bottoms to the base of the cozy, but you could if you want to. I was just afraid it might make it bunch.

And voila! You'll be the belle of the ball!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004 07:19:16 PM by ImperiestroMary » THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004 09:30:42 AM »

Wow that's amazing. I haven't even attempted multiple colors yet, it seems so freakin impossible. I would really love to learn though.....hmmph!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
rosered

terror of the highseas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004 09:50:08 AM »

Wow, that is super awesome! Makes me think I need to make a Dr. Mario themed one for my own!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poordumbbird

i was a kaleidoscope

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2004 10:00:10 AM »

Oh I love it! Maybe you should make a matching Princess Zelda one LOL

seriously that kicks ass
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004 12:15:07 PM by poordumbbird » THIS ROCKS   Logged
RenaissanceGrrl

the giant pear

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2004 11:52:38 AM »

Don't be so hyper-critical! That is so awesome!

I'm feeling all nostalgic now...*runs downstairs to plug in her old 8-bit*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moska

the future... is ANALOGUE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2004 12:15:46 PM »

OMG.  That is great on so many levels (some of which only make sense to me and my little world).........

can you post the front pattern by any chance, it's kinda hard to see from the pic. it would be muchly appreciated.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dude these taste like that mint flavored ant spray." --Jono
"I'm afraid of my fears.  That's why they're called 'fears'." --Keely on Phil of the Future
Xiuxiu
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004 09:21:29 AM »

That is soo kick ass!
I love zelda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kyou

Pinktank - The Knitters Army

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004 05:11:10 PM »

I swear, it's like you posted it at just this very moment for me! Could you please please please post your pattern and charts? I'm making a whole Zelda theme thing (hat, scarf, gloves) for my friend, and I'm sure he would love a game boy cozy! I made a Link chart, but it's based on an 'old school' picture, and I like yours a lot more. This is extremely cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinktank.etsy.com - Hat Patterns

Check out my blog and enter my first contest! http://thepinktank.blogspot.com
FunkyOlive
Revolution Rock-making, Screen-printing, "Next Great American Novel"-writing collage artist/enigma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004 05:54:08 PM »

yay i love you! my brother needs a mario one for christmas.... and the craft fair's comming up! how many stitches to make it (just the basic case shape)?
wheeee! thank you!
-funkyolive
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Adrienne
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2004 08:16:02 PM »

that is soooo awesome...i need to make 2 right now. one for me and one for my man.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Touch not the cat bot a glove.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Ribbon Rose
How to Do a Blanket Stitch
How to Gift Wrap with Tissue Paper
How to Wrap Clothes as Gifts
How to Do Double Bows
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...