A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,213
Currently Running With Scissors:
553 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I *heart* the library swap gallery  (Read 13308 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

Another twenty-something knitter with an attitude.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2007 09:48:14 AM »

Ugh...flaker. *thumbs down*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nilla_bean

www.atelierwoodenapples.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2007 01:47:18 PM »

I found a great angel for Jesseeyore!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elif
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2007 07:41:07 AM »

hey everyone! sorry i've been so quiet, i have been away from the internet for a few days. i received the raddest package ever from determinedimprovisation, and will take pictures as soon as my friend brings my camera back! xoxoxo elif
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dorthybuht
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2007 09:27:24 PM »

Psyche, you got an awesome package. Now, I need one of those book corners. I might make some for my sister too, since she Shocked bends the corners! Shocked

Tucanchild, how's you make those?

And yes, books are better than people. Tongue

I made them using a tutorial on Craftster that was listed on Psyche's Wist page. She's taken down the link and I can't find it right now. Basically you take a square of paper, fold it on the diagonals, cut out one of the triangles that forms when you do this and then fold the remaining 3 triangles into a pouch. Add a touch of glue stick and volia! totally easy/addictive bookmarks.

I did like the cross stitch myself, thanks for the compliments. I haven't done it in years but when my grandma died in Feb I inherited all her supplies. I don't know why I ever stopped!!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007 09:28:24 PM by tucanchild » THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2007 09:33:47 PM »

Thanks for the answer! Can't believe it's that simple! I just made one now with a post-it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
dorthybuht
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2007 09:43:47 PM »

Thanks for the answer! Can't believe it's that simple! I just made one now with a post-it.

yeah, I made about 20 one day at work. I didn't feel like being professionally productive that day. . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gossamer_gull
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2007 08:29:35 AM »

I made them using a tutorial on Craftster that was listed on Psyche's Wist page. She's taken down the link and I can't find it right now. Basically you take a square of paper, fold it on the diagonals, cut out one of the triangles that forms when you do this and then fold the remaining 3 triangles into a pouch. Add a touch of glue stick and volia! totally easy/addictive bookmarks.

I did like the cross stitch myself, thanks for the compliments. I haven't done it in years but when my grandma died in Feb I inherited all her supplies. I don't know why I ever stopped!!

Since you like to cross-stitch and make book corners, you can always combine the two:

http://www.acadiancorner.com/detail.cfm?ID=3879

I've cross-stitched a number of regular bookmarks (though they tend to be too thick for smaller books), but haven't stitched any corner ones yet. I may have to make some of those paper corners, though. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2007 04:49:47 PM »

Psyche, you got an awesome package. Now, I need one of those book corners. I might make some for my sister too, since she Shocked bends the corners! Shocked

Tucanchild, how's you make those?

And yes, books are better than people. Tongue

Ooh. I'm glad you said that! I was thinking of trying them out too.. haha... and I regretted taking the link down! Bah. Ah welll...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Raenef
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2007 05:33:58 PM »

timpani~jax is having trouble finding her camera cord so she asked me to post the photos of the things I sent her.

A reading shawl

Magnets of her favourite books

A Harry Potter bookmark
side A

side B

A cushion with a comic strip from the online comic 'Unshelved' - "the 7 steps to falling in love with an author"

(this is actually a picture of my trial run cushion - her's is turquoise)

One of these book scarfs

I forgot to take photos of them but I also sent some note pads for taking notes in the libray, and a reading journal with a 'what type of reader are you?' quiz at the beginning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC's up for trade here
Photos
balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2007 08:19:00 PM »

Wow, that was a really cool swap-you put a lot of work into it, Raenef.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Waffle Cable Stitch Part 5/9
How to Crochet a Waffle Cable Stitch Part 6/9
How to Crochet a Waffle Cable Stitch Part 1/9
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 6/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 4/10
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...