A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I *heart* the library swap gallery  (Read 13153 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2007 07:30:16 AM »

And I got my stuff from tucanchild too!

We'll start with a pillow (which I do believe is knitted [on top of a pillow form])plain black on one side, sparkly black on the other!. It'll suit my room quite marvellously. 

The smaller items: coasters, flatty pens with literary quotes, and origami book corners that I had on my wists (some are missing because they're already in books!)

And the wordiest items: a clock and a cross stitch! Both awesome, and the cross stitch highly amuses me.

Thanks tucanchild!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facesofyellow
Unlike you, I like flying.

Clockmaster.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2007 09:23:47 AM »

Haha. It is so true! Books are better than people! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leaving another day behind.

www.wists.com/Facesofyellow
snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

Another twenty-something knitter with an attitude.

« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2007 09:32:12 AM »

That cross stitch is amazing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

doe_eyes
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2007 02:16:51 PM »

i received my package from facesofyellow! i guess my postage system is kinda screwy cuz she sent it ages ago.....

in the background, the lovely lovely pride and prejudice t-shirt, then clockwise from the top (no pun intended...) the book clock with cork #'s and letters, a homemade blank book, terry pratchett's "reaper man," and a cool cool eyeglass case i believe made from a tie.
awesome job!! i hope i didn't forget aything, i pretty much delved into my package all at once.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'm just a girl, doin' my own thing
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2007 07:40:04 PM »

Psyche, you got an awesome package. Now, I need one of those book corners. I might make some for my sister too, since she Shocked bends the corners! Shocked

Tucanchild, how's you make those?

And yes, books are better than people. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
nilla_bean

www.atelierwoodenapples.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: June 12, 2007 10:10:37 AM »

Sorry if I've been slow with the upkeep. I'm opening a store on Friday and I'm getting married in two months. My brain has turned to liquid. If you notice something hasn't been updated please let me know.
Also we have one flaker for this swap, I'm going to need an angel for jesseeyore as aceyf is nowhere to be found. I will post this is the right folder as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2007 11:13:57 AM »

Sorry if I've been slow with the upkeep. I'm opening a store on Friday and I'm getting married in two months. My brain has turned to liquid. If you notice something hasn't been updated please let me know.

I think you've been a fab organizer-I really enjoyed this swap and the feedback has been really great
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2007 11:31:26 AM »

My package from Elif arrived last night!  I'd been having a bad crafting day, but it cheered me right up and I was able to finish some knitting.

I was waiting to take pictures today so the light would be decent, but what do you know, the weather is crap so I still couldn't get good pictures.  They do not do anything justice!  Elif, if you have better ones, feel free to post them.

The whole shebang.  Clockwise from bottom left:

--Checkout cards for lending books in my personal library.  Perfect because I've got quite a collection, and I love the little note at the bottom of each one that says "Overdue fines may apply."  Cheesy

--A little flat pouch/pocket with "Library Card" hand embroidered on one side and clear vinyl on the the other for keeping my card handy.  I have a real problem misplacing it; most recently I found in shoved in the center of a ball of yarn.  I have no idea why.

--Button with "Ich <3 die Bibliothek" because I like German.

--Cork board with bird push pins for library receipts.

--A sampling of teas to read with.  (Somehow she knew I was a budding tea drinker!)

--A handbound mini book with an adorable chickadee tag.  The one is small enough that I don't feel daunted by it and I can use it!

--And finally, a book tote with an applique manatee, who is very excited about the library.

Close up of the cork board.  I love love love it!  It's so cute and small enough to fit on my nonexistent wall space.  I also think it's cute that the hummingbird is getting in on the swallow and banner tattoo action.  I love hummingbirds.

Full shot and better color of the bag I managed to get before it got all cloudy.  I named the manatee Seamus because Elif thought he ended up looking like a seal (I know he's a manatee, and that's what counts!) and for some reason I think Seamus is a sealish name.  I was also watching Andromeda, and my favorite character is Seamus Harper because he is cute and a little goofy and excitable, much like the manatee.  The lining also matches the manatee perfectly.

Close up of the stitching.  The embroidery is perfect.  I mean have you ever seen such round and tight french knots?  I didn't think so.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2007 03:27:03 PM »

I love that bag! Just really awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
jesseeyore
« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2007 09:07:53 AM »

Also we have one flaker for this swap, I'm going to need an angel for jesseeyore as aceyf is nowhere to be found. I will post this is the right folder as well.

No problem- it sounds like you have a lot going on. I've been trying not to get too disappointed over being flaked on because I'm sure there's someone out there willing to angel for me. This was still a really awesome swap! Thanks for being the organizer. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feedback makes me happy

http://www.wists.com/jesseeyore
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Bake Healthier Holiday Treats
Make It Easy: What to Do When Brown Sugar Hardens
Make It Easy: When Cake Gets Stuck in the Pan
Peanut Butter Buckeyes Recipe
How to Make Red Velvet Cake
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...