A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,040
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I *heart* the library swap gallery  (Read 15717 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kmsmaverick
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2007 05:48:18 AM »

I received from kmsmaverick today and I feel like a total schlub now!  kmsmaverick - do not open the package I sent - sent it back!!!!  I owe you an extra goodie or twenty.....or so....

oh my gravy! i'm so glad you're pleased, i was nervous myself when i opened your package for me! i was so concerned i'd missed your wishes.

i haven't got picks, but i'll post them tomorrow. i wore the banned books teeshirt to dinner on saturday, t'was a big hit. i simply cannot wait to bring the capelet on the plane with me (because the blankets are the first things to go in the age of aviation cut backs) holy cow, and the pillow case with the embroidered quote from one of my all time favorites. (and you would only recognize it if you've read the book - like a litterary in-joke) how utterly clever.

and the book bag, with my other favorite on there. (i already moved my books right over to it!) i received a journal too, so now i have a place to actually write all those books i think i might get.

i'm so excited for this swap, what a great idea! thanks very much sevs only girl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arimethia
The likes of you

Look out, Portland. I'm so indie.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2007 11:01:43 PM »

So ScotSkipper402 received from me and asked me to post what I sent her. So here goes it!

Due Date bookmarks with a Wet Erase Pen so that you have a constant reminder of when this book is due back. (I know I'm terrible about that, I just returned a book late today!

A glasses holder, because she requested one, it is rather librarian-ish, with a funky twist.
And the project that took me DAYS!....

A book box, to keep whatever she likes in.

And since Jane Austen is on of her favorite writers, a little homage to the fabulous woman that she is on the inside:
Ta-da! I hope she liked it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2007 07:14:04 AM »

To show how addicted to Craftster I am-I'm typing this from a hotel computer on a road trip (I'm in St. Paul)!! I just didn't want to miss seeing all of the cool swaps. I think book lovers are the most creative swappers Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2007 07:26:54 AM »

Can you explain how you did the bookmarks? So cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
SuzukiBeane33
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2007 07:40:41 AM »

Oh man, that book box is stunning!  And the gorgeousness of this swap continues!  (hehe I like the eyeglass chain as well)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am invisible, he thinks often.  And Exempt.  Immunity has been granted to me, for I do not lose my cool.  Polarity is selected at will, for I am not ionized and I possess not valence."
-Richard Farina, "Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me"

www.baltimorediy.blogspot.com
Miss. Cellaneous

"Still crazy after all these years"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2007 08:05:59 AM »

I got an absolutely fantabulous box from BalletFreak over the weekend. I won't go into detail as I plan to post pics this evening, but let me just say that I am one happy swapper. Thank you so much BalletFreak!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There will be little rubs and disappointments everywhere, and we are all apt to expect too much; but then, if one scheme of happiness fails, human nature turns to another; if the first calculation is wrong, we make a second better: we find comfort somewhere . . . "   --Austen
FlowerWitch
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2007 09:36:21 AM »

I got a wonderful package today from Starfish13!

- A book that she enjoyed reading (we decided to send eachother books!)
- Some beauliful hand made book labels
- A feather book thong, which i totally love
- Some chocolate
- And the bestest thing was a handmade book for me to doodle in! Its excellent, i love the cover, its got flowers on.

Thank you so much, sorry for the lack of photos but my camera and i have had a fall out!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists ~ http://www.wists.com/flowerwitch

I am collecting pendants of ANYTHING that people make and think eh? and dont want!
arimethia
The likes of you

Look out, Portland. I'm so indie.

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2007 10:27:53 AM »

Can you explain how you did the bookmarks? So cool!
Really simple. I used a Die cutter at the craft store to cut the shapes out. I glued a matching color to the back first of course. Then I put the letters on the back and laminated the whole thing, added a tassel for style and Tah Dah! Bookmarks you can write on with a wet erase pen. The only downside is you have to wait for the wet erase ink to dry before you put in in your book, but they wipe clean with a damp cloth after they're dry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DarthSqurl
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2007 07:35:40 PM »

Wow everyone has gotten such great stuff! I can't wait til gumshoegal gets my package...*tries to ignore swap anxiety*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yes, my guinea pig is hairless.
aussie_patches
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2007 02:36:25 AM »

I am so happy with the package I received from my swap partner.  I just wanted to say a huge apology to Becca (rebaccavoy) because I should have posted this last Friday!!!  Sadly, life got in the way the last few days.  Anyway, the wonderful items I received were -

Sketch book with a protective cover
Hollow book stashed with goodies
Book Cozy with a pen & notebook
Jewellery Set - pearls of wisdom bracelet & earrings