A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,959
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Im sorry about Posting Alot. Just getting started  (Read 454 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ihatemyusername

I <3 Personal Swaps

View Profile WWW
« on: May 18, 2007 08:15:17 AM »

OK well i posted in here a few days about about my seets in a jar. I was wondering if people could help me design a menu type thing cuz when my dad tells his friends at work they just tell me what they want but i want to make some menus to pass out to his friends with descriptions, prices, and such. The price is by the yeild and type of cookie. For the Basic Sugar cookie its $6 for 2 dozen plus $2 for another dozen. but something like choc. oatmeal raisin or something would be a bit more. Am i asking to much for these? And also i want it to have categoreys. Like a break down between cookie, brownies, cakes, muffins, and bread. The smallest cat. i think would be bread cuz im just gonna do choc chip bread and bananna nut bread. Then muffins then brownies then cookies. Im sorry if i am asking to many questions. Im just trying to get a business going and i have no idea and im only 16 and im doing it all by myself. But i just want a way to design a menu with the different things i sell, the types, price, desription, and yeild.

Ex:
Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Basic Chocolate Chip Cookies
The are your everyday cookies that your mom would have when you came home from school
2 dozen- $7
so on and so forth...

If this is confusing just ask me any questions and ill answer then.

Thanks again craftsters!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me Promote You if you have an etsy shop
More info can be found here--http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5206630
ihatemyusername

I <3 Personal Swaps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007 08:18:38 AM »

Also... i want to put somewhere on the menu that if they keep the jar i will refill the dry ingredients for the same yeild they bought for half the price. Does that make sense?
Also on the menus i want to have little coupons that you could tear off that says 5 dollars off of a 25 dollar purchase or something like that to get more people to buy more. Is that a good idea for when i first start?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

More info can be found here--http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5206630
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007 11:20:05 AM »

I wouldn't even mess with a 1-dozen batch. I want 2 dozen cookies if I'm going to mess around with the baking part.

Having said that, what about 1 jar for $7 and 2 jars for $12? Or something like that where it's just a few bucks more for a second jar to boost the overall sales?

The returned jar thing sounds good, but you'd still have to wash them in case the owners got oogeys on 'em. Can't remember what the cost of the jars are, but you could give them a discount on the cost of the jar only. I wouldn't go halves on that. You still have to do the work of it, and you relieve them of jar-collecting at home, I figure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ihatemyusername

I <3 Personal Swaps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007 11:25:00 AM »

thanks for your input. youve been a big help and im gonna get everything done this week with the health department and stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add a Watermark to Video - Sony Vegas Pro
How to UVW Map and Texture - 3ds Max Part 2/2
How to Create an Animated Loading Screen - Photoshop
How to Customize a YouTube Channel - Photoshop Part 1/2
How to Customize a YouTube Channel - Photoshop Part 2/2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...