A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,318
Currently Running With Scissors:
445 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Positive Energy Swap Gallery  (Read 7262 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2007 04:09:31 PM »

i've been getting lots of compliments on my headband amanda (not you amanda, swap partner amanda Tongue). with the length my hair's at, i've been trying to find a way to wear it down. is it just a simple knit? my mom wants me to knit her one Tongue (i should have known she would hehe)

and sooo sorry my package is so late. i get paid today, so i'll mail it out tomorrow before work! <3

It is indeed a very simple knit - it's all knit stitches. I can't remember how many I did per row, but I want to say it was around 12 to 14 on size 8 needles. (Obviously it will vary depending on what type of yarn you use.) I used a self-striping yarn, so there weren't any ends to weave in. Very, very easy and a great project for a beginner knitter. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hippiesista
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2007 07:49:05 PM »

just received from ModernJanis.  it was so exciting coming home from a few days away to such a wonderful package.

she made me my very own zen garden.  my hubby and i have been wanting one for soooo long so when he saw me open my package he was super excited also! I also got a knitted catnip toy for my kitties which they have already fought over. i swear that catnip is crack for cats.  I love watching them play with it!!!

the rakes and bench are made of polymer clay.

she felted the bottom of the tray so the sand wouldn't fall through

i have already found a perfect place for my zen garden

THANK YOU so much ModernJanis.  I absolutely love the thought and  positive energy that was used to create my zen garden.  Hopefully you will be able to post pics of what I sent you because I totally spaced on taking pictures before I sent out to you : (
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2007 07:59:36 PM »

Awesome zen garden.

I love the Peace wall hanging, BTW. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
ariaya
Craft-a-holic

What your heart thinks is great, is great.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2007 08:18:36 PM »

Ohh .. Beautiful Zen garden!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victoria
~ What your heart thinks is great, is great. ~
~ What Your Heart Thinks Blog ~ Twitter ~
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2007 02:39:17 AM »

Oh, that's a cool idea, love the zen garden!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2007 10:13:26 AM »

I received all my goodies from Summie yesterday - I can't believe this was her first swap!  Shocked

My favorite item in the package, a hippo bag! It's so cheery, I love the colors!

A great macrame keychain, I love the color choices.

A handsewn neck pillow, this thing is awesome! It smells like heaven and is my new official travel pillow.

The coolest windchime made out of forks! It's got these cute macrame "strings" holding the forks and on the middle string, there's all these beads with sayings like love, dream and hope. This is such a cool idea, I love it!

The coolest zen garden, complete with rocks, sand and my own dragon "garden gnome"! He's so cute, Summie, is he made of polymer?

And a complete pic of everything, including all of the "filler" items - some incense that smells divine, some great scent packets for drawers, a chew ball for my beagle Snort, a lovely card, some awesome spa items to help me relax, and a cool archeological "dig" I plan to do later tonight...

This was an awesome swap, Summie, thanks so much! I can just feel the positive energy flowing off of me!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2007 11:43:13 AM »

The hippo bag is so cute! I need that fabric!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
_Suicidal_Angel_
people love me do you?

I am eternally a slytherin....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2007 11:45:59 AM »

that hippo bag is so pretty!
i love the colors
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Summie
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2007 05:41:52 PM »

Cheesy i'm so glad you liked it! i was really nervous, especially after i got my package haha. plus i felt badly that it was a week late, so i wasn't going to send a crummy package Wink i don't know why the neck pillow smells good- we burn a lot of incense and other things that smell like hippy, so maybe you just like the smell of our hippy apartment.
idon't know what the dragon is made of- i bought it at walmart and painted it haha. but i'm really glad you liked it, yay. and the bouncy ball was not intended as a chew toy necessarily, but hey, i'm glad it made the dog happy Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am slowly but surely building a wist Wink http://www.wists.com/summie
My name is Summer, and I am a swapaholic.
modernjanis

www.livingwithoutmeat.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2007 05:31:14 PM »

So finally I'm here with pictures (I'm always slow...prolly has something to do with 4 jobs, too many hobbies...) from my fabulous goodies that I received from HIPPIESISTA:

Probably my fave thing EVER! A peace deco box and a knitted pocket bag with charms and a note about what each one represents...

Some of my gifts fitting in excellently colorwise on my side table (a framed Plato quote, incense and burner, and an AWESOME collection of positive and inspiring pictures and quotes in the photo album with room to add...

And the final touches..

In case I haven't expressed yet how much I LOVE IT ALL!!! My BFF saw everything and was worried about the competition for giving me the most perfect-for-me present ever! It's like you actually know me hippiesista!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010 05:13:11 AM by lapoli - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'll knit you something if you craft me something I can't yet do!

http://wists.com/modernjanis

www.livingwithoutmeat.com <--- please check me out
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Plant Markers Out of Spoons
Capri Style Table Decoration
How to Dress Your Table with Bread and Nuts
Center of the Table Decoration
How to Make Kirigami Hanabi Fireworks Paper Cutting
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...