A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,916
Currently Running With Scissors:
645 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Interweave Knits lace nightie  (Read 5676 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lillybeth
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007 12:02:20 PM »

I cast on last night.  So far so good.  Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AWynkoop
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2007 07:03:52 AM »

You can't go wrong with cashmere! After I bound off the back stitches I decided to slip this on to see how it was going to fit. I realized there was no way this was going to fit over my hips like a nightie should. I also realized there was no way I was going to frog and reknit it in a larger size. So I decided it would make a very cute tank. I really did not take note of my mods but if I remember correctly I added an extra pattern repeat before the waist shaping. I also added a few more waist decreases. I am thinking there is a problem with the measurement in the schematic, because there is no way with a gauge of 6 sts per inch that you can decrease 8 sts and lose 3.75 inches...so beware if you are planning to knit this. On the Upper Back and Front portion I put the pattern aside, instead of following the pattern I BO 1 at the beginning of each row until I had 68 sts on the needle then BO all sts. As soon as I read the pattern I knew there was no way in hell I was knitting all that i-cord for the straps. Instead I bought some lace and backed it with satin ribbon then sewed them on making sure to place them where they would cover my bra straps.

Yarn: 4 ply cashmere from PlumKnits, 2 skeins, 200 yds per skein. I did have a little egg sized ball of yarn leftover.

Needles: US5 circs
Size: small

Add this to my list of favorite knits! The pattern was easy to follow and the cashmere was a dream to knit with.

There are a few more pics on my blog.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would like to swap my knits (or amigurumi stuffies) for your handmade journal...pm me!

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.~Winston Churchill
dragonflyducky
easily distracted

ooooooooh!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2007 07:52:40 AM »

Very pretty! I love it as a tank!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cranberry
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2007 08:48:06 AM »

That is a sexy, sexy top.

Cashmere, eh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
april_cocaine
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2007 10:29:16 AM »

I love it! I may shorten mine now. I haven't worked on it in a week, and i'm two border repeats in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AWynkoop
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2007 10:52:21 AM »

Y'all thanks so much!

april_cocaine: I just measured mine and it is actually half an inch longer than the original based on the measurements given in the schematic. So heads up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would like to swap my knits (or amigurumi stuffies) for your handmade journal...pm me!

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.~Winston Churchill
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2007 01:13:33 PM »

It looks fabulous as a tank! Very, very pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
zarafa
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2007 06:10:55 PM »

i first started knitting this one a while back but got all the way to the back bind off and hated its baggy shapelessness.  i frogged it back a good portion of the way and added a TON more waist shaping and quite a bit of length.  mine will most likely end up being a tank or vest to be worn over some sort of top.  part of the original problem was poor choice of yarn substitution, but i'm hoping it will eventually turn out alright. 

i'd set it aside and thought to just frog it altogether, but maybe all of yours will inspire me to get back to work on it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Juniper
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2007 12:21:07 PM »

What a beautiful tank top!  This makes me want to (re)start mine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
april_cocaine
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2007 01:00:30 PM »

I have to confess - I frogged all 4 inches of mine. It was wasn't working well with the yarn. I'm now doing Honeymoon from Knitty instead. I might come back to this one day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Saving and Recovering Your Photos in Photoshop CS6
How to Draw Ken the Eagle from Science Ninja Team Gatchaman
How to Draw Master Croc from Kung Fu Panda 2
How to Draw Marty from Madagascar 3
JonBurgerman TimeLapse
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...