A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,048
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone in Fayetteville?  (Read 8954 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spydyrgrrl

off-kilter crafter. anthropologist. milspouse.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2009 06:59:28 AM »

I'd imagine the chances that this thread is still active are slim to none, but I'll give it a shot.
I just moved here two weeks ago with the boy and am still unpacking (and getting the craft room setup!).  I sew, knit, make jewelry, play with clay...like someone else said, I have crafter's ADD.  I do a little bit of everything.
We haven't been here long enough to make a judgement call (and are trying to keep an open mind).  We came here from Michigan and so far, NC is *far* better.  Fayetteville is sort of like a giant Hinesville (GA).
Anyway, I thought I'd say hi. I was looking for craft fairs in which to participate, but the only one I can find is the Holly Day show that the Junior League organizes, but I don't have $600 for the booth fee.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smart cannibals don't eat brains.
Octomoose
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2010 06:15:26 PM »

Ok, I know I'm way, way, WAY behind on this post, but I just found Crafster a few days ago.

I'm in the Fayetteville area! My name is Tiff. I've lived here a year and I HATE this place. I'm on the Sanford side (not far past the Buffalo Lake area). I've had a near-impossible time trying to meet cool people here. I think it's because I'm so far from town. I do few crafts well, but I'm stumbling through a bunch of others. I sew, paint, collage, fold origami if I can find the patience... My guy and I love building random things (like the syringe gun from Bioshock). I got a Serger for xmas and I'm finally learning how to use it (so exciting!). I have done enough knitting to make a scarf and I really want to learn to do more with it. Generally I have a whole ton of things that I want to do, but a small fear of spending a fortune on supplies and messing up.

But if anyone is still around and is interested in a meet-up sort of thing, please count me in! I would love to find some buddies around here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
awfulbeautiful
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2010 03:16:33 PM »

I'm on the cameron side of sanford. I'm not sure where you are but it couldn't be too far. I do a little bit of everything myself. I have a severe case of crafting ADD, though not much lately with my dad in the hospital. I'd love to figure out how far away you are. My socializing is limited at the moment due to funds and my shifts as Dad's nurse, but maybe when things get cleared up we can plan some kind of crafty adventure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The force is strong with this one."

www.myspace.com/fractuedwhimsy
Octomoose
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2010 05:35:48 PM »

I am also on the Cameron side of Sanford too! I live off 87 and 27. I would love a local crafting buddy! If you get this and have some spare time, send me a message! I hope your dad is feeling better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tiffeaddington
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2010 07:47:49 AM »

I'm in Fayetteville, well kinda sorta...I live on Bragg. We've been here for about 7 months and so far I like it, except that it's extremely hard to find any craft shows around here!! Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. I'm a polymer clay gal and felt person myself =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katatonik
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012 01:52:21 AM »

I just moved here.. sort of on the outskirts
THIS ROCKS   Logged
creativelycraftyjenn
Crafty Nerd

Each day is a new chance to create

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2012 11:55:43 PM »

So I don't know if this thread is still active or not. I live in the Fort Bragg area. I'm a soldier and will be home from deployment this September, let me know if anyone is interested in possibly getting together for a craft group. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crocheter. Photographer. Newbie Sewer. Artist. Dreamer. Nerd. Yep... thats me. Smiley

The Quirky Craftster Blog:
http://creativelycraftyjenn.blogspot.com/
The Quirky Craftster Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Creatively-Crafty-by-Jenn/300458116662898
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Former Gladiator Dan Clark Discusses His Memoir
Interview with Painter Hugues de Montalembert
Sweater Quest by Adrienne Martini
Authors Virginia DeBerry and Donna Grant on How They Met
Jimmy Gownley Reveals the Inspiration for His Stories
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...