A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,685
Currently Running With Scissors:
486 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I *heart* felt!!! *IMG HEAVY*  (Read 3919 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tad1uk
« on: May 16, 2007 09:15:52 PM »

Ok so after reading the felt cake thread ---> http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=26836.0  I became really excited and since my mom does a lot of stuff with cakes *even built a seperate kitchen in the garage just for her* i thought I would make her one...or two.  Cheesy
The first one I was totally pleased with. Its a chocolate drizzled cake with strawberries on top. Yes I realize there are only 2 leaves for four strawberries but I thought 4 would be a bit much. The drizzle took Forever to stich on. I used a quite large stich *I know not of the technical names...* but I liked it better that way. **sorry for the fuzzy pics...i dont understand...the background comes in clear!!! sometimes these automatic advanced technology cams make me mad...just do what i want you to!**

The last one I didnt like as much. It didnt feel very...cakey to me. I dont know what it is I dont like but its not as pretty. I do admit that I think I did pretty well on the puffy things and they came out nice but somethings amiss...

And then I connected them with a loooong ribbon. It was intended to be like 'fuzzy dice' and I made them mismatched on purpose cuz two of the same woulda been boring.

My mom liked them. She wont hang them from her rearview mirror though... Sad Im not sure why...either she thinks she's too old for that stuff or just doesnt like them there...actually I think its because she doesnt like stuff in the way when shes driving.  Undecided

Ok and sorry for the looooong post but I when I finished the cakes I felt bored and empty and Ive been reading these threads about cute things for your boyfriend...since I was on a felt binge I figured Id make him something. My nickname for him is Tater *couch potato sorta kinda* and it evolved to become short for TaterTot after Ron Whites bit talkin about his middle name being tater salad and his son or whatnot bein tater tot. Im not sure exactly. Anyhow *Im rambling  Roll Eyes* I made him a felt tatertot!

I hope he likes it. Im sure he will and appreciate I took the time to make it.
Sorry for the long post, hope you guys get a kick or...something outta this!!!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007 12:31:09 PM by tad1uk » THIS ROCKS   Logged
melisamuhd
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007 10:54:46 PM »

i love the cakes. so cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged
enakitty
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007 04:34:35 AM »

love the fuzzy "dice" idea! very cute!....and i love tater! Smiley
awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mishti
amateur transmogrifier

Under There?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007 07:35:34 AM »

Yeah, those cakes are neat and tater is cute too.  It makes me want to get some felt, or knit my own.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am mebellus on Ravelry
BrushfireFaeries
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007 08:14:43 AM »

tad1uk, I love BOTH of your cakes! I must admit, I do think the chocolate one is cuter, what with the drizzle and all, but the pink one is adorable, too. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Smiley

Tater is adorable. I'm sure your boyfriend will love him! Where was that cute things for your boyfriend thread? I'd love to check it out.

You should join the next feltie swap round. I've done two so far and it's really fun! You definitely have the talent for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We do not know the true value of our moments until they have undergone the test of memory." -G. Duhamel
jeneration pink
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007 08:37:15 AM »

Awesome job!!! I have been wanting to play around with felt, I even bought all the stuff already. Hopefully, I am still inspired when I get home from work:(
xoxo jen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tad1uk
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007 09:33:25 PM »

tad1uk, I love BOTH of your cakes! I must admit, I do think the chocolate one is cuter, what with the drizzle and all, but the pink one is adorable, too. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. Smiley

Tater is adorable. I'm sure your boyfriend will love him! Where was that cute things for your boyfriend thread? I'd love to check it out.

You should join the next feltie swap round. I've done two so far and it's really fun! You definitely have the talent for it.

Thanks all you guys!!!! everyone is so nice. I do like the chocolatey one better too...it just looks more real.

and here is the boyfriend thread http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=47986.0
i bookmarked it! haha.

ive never done a swap before...i may have to join the next felt one cuz this stuff i can actually do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Calamity Kate
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007 04:42:49 AM »

when I finished the cakes I felt bored and empty

cute project but i just had to comment that i SO feel you on this part!  Cheesy i think that's part of why i don't like finishing projects, like that weird anticlimactic feeling after a wedding.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miyukifun
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007 08:29:51 AM »

actually i don't like cakes..but after i saw ur cakes..hmm.. i really wanna eat it.. Smiley
i felt bored too when i wanna make a felt cake... lots of thing to do but it makes u smile after it has done, right? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Infinite Annie
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007 10:56:15 AM »

Wow, these are so good and yummy looking!  How did you get the strawberries to look lumpy?  They look totally real.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Corn Dogs
How to Make Corn Chowder
How to Make Deep Fried Beer
How to Make a Grilled Cheese Sandwich with an Iron
How to Make Beef Jerky
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...