A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
691 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Is anyone doing digital scrapbooking?  (Read 4194 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tasi292
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2007 08:44:36 AM »

Here ya go Smiley  For these free kits and some flower and denim elements,  PM  me and I'll send you the links to the downloads.  Please don't reply to this here as I may not see it and I don't want to feel like I'm totally hijacking this thread  Embarrassed  Grin

Click on pics for larger images:

Where can I learn more about digital scrapbooking? I'm totally intrigued by the idea! I can't cut a straight line to save my life and I'm a total putz when it comes to most paper crafts, but I love to create layouts etc. so I'd love to give it a shot!!
Thanks in advance!

The best place to start is a place called ScrapbookBytes.com.  They have a place for beginners and people are always willing to help.  They also have tons of free stuff Wink Some of my other fave places are rakscraps.com and ShabbyPrincess.com <--she's my all-time fave digi-scrapping designer AND she's got freebies, too Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Smile, it increases your face value." Smiley
"POCHACCO RULES!!"
coachwriter
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2007 10:32:58 AM »

Where can I learn more about digital scrapbooking? I'm totally intrigued by the idea! I can't cut a straight line to save my life and I'm a total putz when it comes to most paper crafts, but I love to create layouts etc. so I'd love to give it a shot!!
Thanks in advance!

The sites mentioned are a great way to start, but the first thing you need is some sort of design program. There are different ones out there. I believe there are a few new ones designed specifically for digital scrapping. You can find these by doing a search for "digital scrapbooking software." You would want to have a program that was easy to learn but also gave you enough flexibility once you got into it a bit. There are some great teachers out there too. This is one of those things that once you get started, you'll just take off. If I can help in any way, just ask. FYI, I use Photoshop Scrapbook Elements. It's a great program and much, much less expensive than regular Photoshop, but if you've never used it before, you'll definitely want to get some help early on.

Warmly,

Lynn
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007 09:26:57 AM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try "The half hour that changes lives." It's free life, personal or solo business coaching at www.coachwithlynn.com
kaleesi
Craftaholic

Rae'Lynn Grace - 5 months old

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2007 02:25:18 PM »

Wow tasi292 - those are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a gorgeous granddaughter Smiley

Not allowed to craft without supervision Wink
God is big enough.....
Nineightohone

Don't make me come over there!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2007 11:33:08 AM »

I just got into this by default. I was at a scrapbooking party and the company (I don't know if I can say it here?) Had adeal where if you sign up to be a seller, you received their digital scrapbooking software and a coupon to have an 8x8 hardbound book printed as well as a lot of paper scrapbooking materials.

I signed up, thinking "what the hay, it's 110 bucks!" Their rule is you have to spend 25 bucks every 6 months or they'll just drop you as a seller, no biggie. The stuff they sent was worth over $350!

ANYWAY, I too am in need of some tips for where to get started with this! Any sites that have embellishments etc...  that I could add to my program would be great.

Just an FYI, the program they offer is about $50 and comes with several layouts. You can use them as-is or any of the pieces that go along with the layouts to create your own pages. There are add-ons for varying prices as well.

Let me know if you're interested in it-not because I want to make sales but because I think it's a really neat program. Cheesy (I haven't sold anything yet...I really don't care if I do!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.~

Please come see my Etsy shop! www.notjustpurses.etsy.com Thanks Smiley
coachwriter
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2007 01:30:27 PM »

ANYWAY, I too am in need of some tips for where to get started with this! Any sites that have embellishments etc...  that I could add to my program would be great.

There is so much free stuff out there that you never have to buy anything if you don't want to or don't have the cash. Just about every digital site has them and most, if you sign up for their newsletter, offer freebies every week or two. All the designers I know do the same. Just do a search on digital scrap booking blogs and you'll have more than you can handle.

Another thing to do is to scan various scrapbook things like tags, for instance. Then you can place any paper over the top of the tag and make it match your layout. Once you learn how to use your program (although I'm not sure about the one you're using, I'm talking something like Photoshop or Photoshop Elements), the sky is the limit. For me, that's really the fun, creative part.

Also a lot of places you can find free tutorials to show you how to do things. Again, I'd just do a search and see where it takes you.

Have fun!

Warmly,

Lynn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try "The half hour that changes lives." It's free life, personal or solo business coaching at www.coachwithlynn.com
dramatikz

if im just bad news, then you're a liar.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2007 03:38:05 PM »

do you think reg. photoshop would work??

will the elements work on 7.0??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coachwriter
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2007 03:46:08 PM »

Sure, lots of digital scrappers use Photoshop, the ones who can affort it, LOL!

Not sure what you mean by "will the elements work on 7.0?" If you mean can you use all the freebies etc., the answer is "yes." If that's not what you mean, please explain and I'll try to answer.

Warmly,

Lynn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaleesi
Craftaholic

Rae'Lynn Grace - 5 months old

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2007 03:57:34 PM »

coachwriter - I just have to tell you again how sweet that page is with the baby yawning. I think if I had that one - I'll have to frame it on my wall and not stick it in a scrapbook it is soooo beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a gorgeous granddaughter Smiley

Not allowed to craft without supervision Wink
God is big enough.....
coachwriter
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2007 04:06:10 PM »

coachwriter - I just have to tell you again how sweet that page is with the baby yawning. I think if I had that one - I'll have to frame it on my wall and not stick it in a scrapbook it is soooo beautiful!

Aw, thanks so much. Almost every page I do, I feel that way about. But as it happens, I don't usually even print out pages at all. However, I think for Christmas, I'm going to have some books printed at Shutterfly. I don't work for them or anything, but I've seen some hardcover books they've produced and they are beautiful and not ridiculously expensive either.

The fun never ends, LOL!

Warmly,

Lynn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dramatikz

if im just bad news, then you're a liar.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2007 08:05:47 PM »

Sure, lots of digital scrappers use Photoshop, the ones who can affort it, LOL!

Not sure what you mean by "will the elements work on 7.0?" If you mean can you use all the freebies etc., the answer is "yes." If that's not what you mean, please explain and I'll try to answer.

Warmly,

Lynn

yeah, thats exactly what i meant...

thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cut Fish for Sashimi
How to Prepare a Sushi Plate
Making Tuna Maki
Making Wasabi
How to Make Sushi Rice
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...