A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,948
Currently Running With Scissors:
514 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: gocco supplies in boston  (Read 1255 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alison
« on: November 12, 2004 12:28:04 PM »

anyone know if i can get gocco ink downtown?  i usually go to pearl or the art supply place in avon, but i am going to be in the copley area sunday and need some ink.  gocco's site says Rugg Road Paper Co. which is on Charles St. anyone been? I fear the pricing may be high due to the area...Maybe Paper Source sells ink?

thanks!

this is an edit -- i need fabric ink.  i just called paper source, and they only have paper ink...i think i am screwed.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2004 12:32:09 PM by alison » THIS ROCKS   Logged
those awful hats
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004 03:04:57 PM »

paper source does indeed sell gocco supplies...their prices are the same as everyone else. they are on boylston near the arlington stop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quarkiegirl

Keep it loose, keep it tight.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004 10:35:54 PM »

Ooh but you need to go to Rugg Road paper. Such a great little store. I love Charles Street.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alison
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2004 07:43:33 AM »

paper source does indeed sell gocco supplies...their prices are the same as everyone else. they are on boylston near the arlington stop.

yeah, i did call them, but no fabric ink.

Ooh but you need to go to Rugg Road paper. Such a great little store. I love Charles Street.

is it? i'll call to see if the have the fabric ink, but it seems like i'm going to have to head to cambridge...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hillarybillary
your a pansy I'm a cowboy....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2004 05:27:48 PM »

can you use silk screen ink because The Art Store at the fenway stop has that. I bought these like 8 packs of gorgeous colors there in little bottles of all those colors you hate making. 
*h
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alison
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004 07:06:52 PM »

can you use silk screen ink because The Art Store at the fenway stop has that. I bought these like 8 packs of gorgeous colors there in little bottles of all those colors you hate making. 
*h

no, regualr ink is too thin for the gocco, you need to use its own ink.  it is similar to block printing ink, if you are familiar with that.  i haven't found any comparable ink that is comparable.

i ended up going to pearl, and they had moved the stuff to a new area, and they had only a few tubes of the gocco ink.  hopefully they'll restock and not eliminate it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hillarybillary
your a pansy I'm a cowboy....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004 08:05:09 AM »

i think artists supply across the street from pearl carries blocks so maybe block ink? for the future anyways. pearl makes my hair stand on end. im not terminally hip enough
*h
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alison
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004 02:41:12 PM »

i think artists supply across the street from pearl carries blocks so maybe block ink? for the future anyways. pearl makes my hair stand on end. im not terminally hip enough
*h

I HATE PEARL. 
Artists supply is so much better, but doesn't carry gocco supplies.  That's the only thing I will even buy at Pearl.

It doesn't affect me that much because I live on the south shore, and i just go to a place in Avon.  I just was heading into Boston, and wanted to shop while I was there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Behind the Books with Marlene Wallach
Meet Author Ru Freeman
Ian Irvine Talks About The Last Albatross
Doug Stanton Talks About Horse Soldiers
Linda Mintle Talks About Press Pause Before You Eat
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...