A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
671 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My stash has to go.  (Read 3078 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Adridne
« on: May 15, 2007 12:50:19 PM »

Short version of a long story- About two years ago I was given a huge amount of fabric by a very nice woman who maybe had a teensy little hoarding problem.  It is still in boxes (lots and lots of boxes) piled to the ceiling in the office in the apartment I live in with my boyfriend.  I have just moved all the rest of my stuff into this apartment, and we're quite short on space.
The stash must go.  At least some of it.
Would anyone be interested in a stash-busting swap where we all bust my stash?
Here's what I'm thinking:
I would make packages of fabric around certain themes.  Possibilities which spring to mind: The Goth Queen; It Came From The Seventies; I'm A Lumberjack And I'm Okay; Cuter Than A Basket Of Kittens.
Each package would have at least:
1-2 yards of one or two main fabrics. 
Some smaller pieces of other fabrics.
Some ribbon, lace, buttons, slip-straps, etc.
I would post pics of these and people who joined the swap would message me with a) their preferred packages to receive, and b) their preferred packages to work with.
I would match people up and mail the packages to the participants, who would then make fabulous crafts and mail them to their partners.
Because this would involve me spending quite a bit on mailing (worth it to get the space available), I'd have to limit it to within the USA.
Obviously, in addition to the package I would mail, participants would be free to add anything they like.  You wouldn't have to use it up, either.  Just don't mail it back to me.
Anyone interested?
Ideas on how to make it work better?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smashergrl
Doing what you like is Freedom. Liking what you do is Happiness.

Procrastination: art of keeping up with last week

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007 12:55:42 PM »

That is so generous of you!!   I think I might take part in something like this.  I'd even be willing to help with shipping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missmelissa138
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007 01:49:11 PM »

Oh yes, I'd be quite interested in partaking in this swaparoo. My only suggestion would be that you should get something out of the deal other than freeing up space. But that, my dear, is only a suggestion Cheesy

I like random fun swaps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Octopus Revolution! It's a non-hostile takeover.
http://flickr.com/groups/octopusrevolution/
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007 02:12:04 PM »

Always willing to help!

But you're too generous. Could we pay postage? Or just do a personal swap with you?

For example, you send me a box of fabric, and I'll send you a $9 stamp  Wink
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007 02:14:52 PM by ScotSkipper402 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
Adridne
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007 02:17:38 PM »

I'm glad it looks like people are interested-
I'd be thrilled if people wanted to help pay postage on their packages, but I'm not sure how it would work.  I could send out info and people could mail me checks?  That would be great.
Honestly, though, I just want to reduce my stash.  It looms.  It hulks in the corner.  If it falls over, it's going to kill someone.
Also, I would be getting something from this- I'd also participate and get wonderful crafty items from some talented craftster. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Adridne
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007 02:19:15 PM »

Also, I forgot-
I'm out of town May 25-June 2, so I wouldn't be able to start it until I get back.  I'm just trying to get a feeling of whether there's enough interest to actually make a dent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ebeth
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007 02:22:14 PM »

i certainly might be interested Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i do personal swaps...  check out my admired objects www.wists.com/ebeth
dizzylizzy

dreamers have become an endangered species

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007 02:36:17 PM »

I would definitely be interested in this! Unlike most other crafters, I don't have a ginormous stash of fabric. *tear* But I would really like to remedy that! I would happily take anything you have to offer. (Although the goth and cuter than a bunny stuff sounds particularly interesting) I'd be up for paying the shipping costs too.  Grin

Oh, and did I mention how generous you are? I'm sure the gods smile upon you with much favor.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScotSkipper402
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007 04:57:44 PM »

Unlike most other crafters, I don't have a ginormous stash of fabric. *tear*

You don't have a ginormous stash of fabric YET.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
MEshelltakeone
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007 02:35:10 PM »

hey hey now!!!! that is quite an offer!!!!! how could anyone refuse?? and how convenient it is that my age- of my membership that is- will be of the thirty days required right around the time u wanna begin??? excellent!! YAY for me/us!!!!!!

and i think the only way to make the postage thing work would be to make it optional/the honor system type deal where if the receipent desires to, they may, but u arent gonna (and probably dont wanna) hunt forgettful people down to get postage dues, ya know?? and u dont wanna sit around and wait for checks before sending (getting rid of) your packages, right?? just a thought!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ed Bronstein on Becoming a Painter
Paintings by Ed Bronstein
How to Carve a Drawing on Wood
Meet Baybayin Artist Ameurfina Nazario
Meet Ebru Artist Siddi Zubeyde Atan
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...