A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,799
Currently Running With Scissors:
714 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 65
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: eco-craftalong  (Read 73555 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #380 on: November 27, 2007 01:26:06 PM »

My place does a Secret Santa; the idea is that you get a person from another department, and another person gets you. Everyone fills in a fun questionnaire with 5 things they'd like and 5 things they'd rather not get, plus a super silly question like 'my best present from Santa ever was...' There are 5 presents, one for each day of the last week of term, and there is a recommended limit of 1 per present, but as I'm a Craftster, I tend to make all mine. This year I get the Vice Principle who has a tortoise obsession, wants a book that their SS has read, a self propelling pencil, licerice, a tree ornament and a recipe that looks complicated but is very simple. You get to know other colleagues this way, people that you don't normally get to know. Each present is put into your partners pigeon hole with a clue to your identity, then the last present is given at the staff party. It's fun trying to guess who your Santa is Wink I think it's a better way of doing it, the fun is in the stalking and giving, and the mystery and guessing, not what you receive
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bfaxon
« Reply #381 on: November 30, 2007 01:34:03 PM »

thanks for the ideas all! Here are some other things I'm doing for presents:

- bottlecap magnets
- making my own "magnetic poetry" set for people... using magnets sent in the mail and CD labels that we never use
- using old maps for wrapping and for my christmas cards
- using yarn stash for scarves...

Hey, I bet I could use yarn for "ribbon" on presents too. I bought this one yarn, 100% acrylic, and it is horrible stuff. I would never use it for anything. Too bad I couldn't have felt it before hand. But that would work great for something like this...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #382 on: November 30, 2007 07:16:37 PM »

So far I my planned eco friendly gifts are purses for my Mom and MIL made from old uniform tops, I made myself one and they both requested one  Smiley I'm sure their will also be a lot of stash rading before the holidays are all over with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #383 on: November 30, 2007 08:55:07 PM »

I think our next month should be things made out of the wrapping paper or ribbons you tore off  your presents people got you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 30, 2007 10:17:19 PM »

I think our next month should be things made out of the wrapping paper or ribbons you tore off  your presents people got you.

Clever!  Homemade/recycled stationary...collag e....placemats....  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #385 on: December 05, 2007 04:57:53 AM »

This is a recycled paper bag from my local wholefoods store, they are made from a couple of sheets of newspaper, by a charity that works with street kids in india. The sheets of paper appear to have been glued edge to edge, forming a tube, then the bottom folded in (like a regular paper paper sack), with a strip of cardboard in the bottom to make a more solid area to stand on. The handles are made from strips of paper folded small. Its amazingly strong.

this idea could be used to recycle old newspapers (perhaps newspapers in a different language to you) old magazines etc. would make great gift bags, which could be easily painted, decoupaged and then recycyled after the holidays.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ashling
« Reply #386 on: December 06, 2007 12:04:23 PM »

Here's my new ornament, made from two gift cards and a piece of ribbon:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ted72

"never drive faster than angels can fly"

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 07, 2007 03:07:28 PM »

Hi I have never participated in a craft along before and would love to join this one if you will have me on board. My new years resolution is to become more environmentally aware so where better to start?

I'm definately no expert crafter just love getting messy and having flashes of creative inspiration.

If you will have me on board what is the current theme or am I best waiting until the next one comes along.

trina x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ashling
« Reply #388 on: December 07, 2007 03:56:29 PM »

Welcome!

This months theme is holiday decorations, and I believe next month will be crafting things with leftover wrappings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ashling
« Reply #389 on: December 11, 2007 11:09:38 AM »

I made a tree topper for my 4 ft tree.  I couldn't find anything in stores that wasn't huge, so here's what I came up with:

The star is a piece of cardboard reinforced with duct tape, and covered with wrapping paper.  The trim is leftover from the sleep mask I made my SIL, to cover the seams, and the stand is a toilet paper tube cut into a cone shape and covered with the same paper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 65 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Your Own Jewelry
How to Make Shrink Plastic Jewelry and Accessories
How to Make a Wrapped Loop - Bead Tutorial
How to Make Marble Magnets and Picture Marbles
How to Make a Wrapped Wire Loop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...