A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 65
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: eco-craftalong  (Read 71521 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: July 02, 2007 11:50:43 PM »

FANTASTIC!! I never thought of envelope windows in cat toys  Grin  I might have to whip up a couple for my kitty today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
hobbitsubculture
« Reply #261 on: July 03, 2007 08:50:05 PM »

Wheeee...!

There's a reusable shopping bag challenge now, due Aug 1-5.  Up on the home page.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=180658.0

Love how the eco-friendliness is coming together right now.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007 08:51:27 PM by hobbitsubculture » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lightning Pop-- http://lightningpop.etsy.com

"If evil be the food of genius, there aren't many demons around."  -Adam and the Ants
RecycleCindy

My Signature Recycled Bag

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 06, 2007 10:24:56 AM »

Here's a summer tote bag I crocheted out of recycled grocery sacks.

This is an easy seamless bag that took about 50 bags. Here is the free pattern link http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2007/07/03/crocheted-plarn-tote-bag/

PS
I'm still working on a rug too Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleCindy
http://www.myrecycledbags.com
My Website dedicated to recycling & crafting
Free patterns & ideas for recycled crafts!
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 08, 2007 09:50:04 AM »

The pincushion on pg.25 is way cute! Lucky Zaftig!

I have yet to use plastic bags as yarn! I'm loving all the variations.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
lady4feet
« Reply #264 on: July 11, 2007 09:54:07 AM »

hey did you guys see this swap? It's right up this months theme http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=182378.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spareGus
« Reply #265 on: July 13, 2007 07:34:52 AM »

I'm not a part of the craftalong but I've been browsing the thread because I'm in the process of trying to make my own powdered laundry detergent.  Has anyone done this yet?

Also, I just wanted to make a comment about the loose cat litter.  I get the same thing ever since I found out about it, and though I like it alot, and I think it's some of the best I've ever used...
One day I got to the pet store and the refill bucket was empty.  I asked an employee when/if it was going to be filled sometime soon, and I was told "oh I can do that right now".  He disappeared and minutes later came out with a pallet full of the litter, IN BAGS.  So apparently, it's shipped to them all bagged up.
I guess I feel better about some bags going to the landfill than buckets, but still, that was sad to see.
Also, litter itself is not healthy for you, your pets, or the environment but unfortunately every time I've tried to switch to feline pine it ends wih defecation all over the house (and I've tried so many different ways with this)

Anyway, know that was long, sorry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ollieorange
« Reply #266 on: July 13, 2007 02:52:36 PM »

I'm not a part of the craftalong but I've been browsing the thread because I'm in the process of trying to make my own powdered laundry detergent.  Has anyone done this yet?

Also, litter itself is not healthy for you, your pets, or the environment but unfortunately every time I've tried to switch to feline pine it ends wih defecation all over the house (and I've tried so many different ways with this)

I had the same problem with the Feline Pine. I will not use regular litter because it is soooo awful to breath in the dust. Have you ever tried Wheat Scoop? That is what I use and my cats love it. They can't poop enough in it! It's silicone free and better on the environment. Also- if you use litter in the plastic buckets and have hard time recycling them- try offering them to local flower shops- where I work we have to pay bakeries for their old buckets. You may not get paid for them, but at least they will be used for quite a while- the bigger the shop the more likley they are to need them. My Dad & Husband are in construction and also always need buckets of all sizes.
There are recipies for your own detergent on here too. Look at page 3.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #267 on: July 13, 2007 03:05:46 PM »

I'm lucky enough to have a garden for my kitties...I keep an area freshly dug and they prefer that to anything else. I de-poo it regularly and we're all happy with that arrangement.  Wink My dog also has his own poo area. All collected poo goes into our local poo-boxes that the council provides along our local footpaths! (*phew*) I only use litter boxes when my animal friends are very young and not allowed to go outside.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ginamonster
Monsterlicious

hee hee.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #268 on: July 13, 2007 06:37:18 PM »

My bunny loved the feline pine, and there was no rabbit smell. I was lucky, my cats would use whatever I put in thier box.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like making stuff. Rumor has it, I'm an elf. Like a Santa Elf, not one of those elegant LOTR types.  Mostly because I compulsively craft and partially because I have green shoes.
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #269 on: July 13, 2007 07:47:23 PM »

I"m saving all my plascit bags so hopefully at some point I can join this craft along. Smiley But I did want to say on the plastic litter buckets. RE-use them! Dog and cat food looses its nutrition if it just sits in the bag and is open. Sealing it in the buckets is great. Just give the bucket a wash in the sink and wa-la! I don't know how much longer it stays fresh in buckets but our guinea pig food used to get moths in it when it went bad and the buckets prevented that from happening at all. I no longer have guinea pigs Sad But my ferrets eat the food better when it's been in the bucket. Smiley
Jsut thought I'd pass that on. And then when you no longer need buckets pass them along to other friends with pets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 65 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Produce Videos on a Budget
How to Write the Perfect Holiday Movie
Life, Love, Soul with Yandy Smith!
Five Things The Social Network Got Wrong
Doug Jaeger on How to Create Collaborative Film Project Teams
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...