A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,088
Currently Running With Scissors:
705 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 65
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: eco-craftalong  (Read 71462 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lady4feet
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007 05:36:40 PM »

linzo what a wonderful idea! I have no idea how the craft-a-long things really work(other then we all make things at the same time, do we post pics when were done??) but I'm excitted to participate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007 05:55:50 PM »

First project for me to finish is to recycle old cans and things into usuable jars. I have pretty them up and decorate though. I'll keep you posted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
linzo

yep, I'm holding a rooster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007 06:23:26 PM »

Pictures would be awesome!
So, I am thinking... as long as you do a craft/project per month (using the themes or not) if it is "green", post it up! The themes are kind of just for inspiration! I know some people prefer things to be more assignment based and some people like to do what ever tickles their fancy at the time.

I hope I am doing all this right... not sure if there is a more formal approach to the whole start up of craftalongs, but I am certainly more than happy to sort of "babysit" this craftalong.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/linzo

...but for now we are young, let us lay in the sun, and count every beautiful thing we can see...
- Neutral Milk Hotel
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007 06:29:12 PM »

You're doing great! I usually use themes for inspiration, but I don't really follow that month because I have other uses and needs, but I think the themes are fine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
shoegazer
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007 06:39:18 PM »

This is great! Ive needed a little push to knit a few grocery bags, and I cant tell you how many times Ive googled 'recycled' craft! I would love to have a forum where we all crafted green and proud together. Rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007 11:08:34 PM »

may: eco friendly cleaning?
(craft a eco-friendly cleaning kit, reusable swiffer covers, dusting?, craft a clothes drying rack, washcloths, shower scrubbies, etc.....)

june: reducing plastic waste?
(grocery bags, crafts using grocery bags, any other creative crafty ideas)

july: make your "garbage" into something reusable?
(......)
august: reducing paper waste?
(journals, make "new" paper, recycled into cards, etc....)

COOL ideas!
This month will be washcloths and a clothes pin holder for me I think..... I dry my washing outside more often than not and I'm always loosing my clothes pins  Smiley

I think for Julys garbage challenge I'll work on more things to decorate my garden  Smiley I've seen food can candle holders and such like.

We do actually recycle our card/paper/food(and beer!) cans/plastic bottles and glass already, but I'd rather make something else out of it whenever possible! We have two trash collections one week they take things we can't recycle and the following week they take recycling  Grin Once a month they also collect our glass.
We've started a compost heap with grass cuttings and kitchen scraps at the top end of the garden ready for next years veggie patch.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyones recycled crafts  Grin Grin Grin

just found this http://www.crochetnmore.com/soapsaverbathmitt.htm as I was browsing, it seems easy enough for me to make, using leftovers from other projects and it utilises a little pocket in the front to use up the soap scraps that usually get thrown away  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007 11:55:06 PM by ZaftigMomma » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2007 12:42:29 AM »

Oo, I'm definately in on this one (saw ZM mention it on another board and came to see what it was *lol*) - I'm all about recycling - I recycle as much household rubbish as possible, I have a composter, I Freecycle, frequent charity shops and I craft with alot of re-cycled and preloved stuff. I've just made a swiffer cover for a swap partner recently, but was so keen to get it posted to her that I forgot to take photos - Doh! I'll nab one of hers when she eventually posts! Right, time to get the old grey matter going... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shoegazer
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007 12:17:05 PM »

Does anyone have a TUT or a link to how to make swiffer covers or other cleaning projects? What about homemade cleaner recipes? If you have em would you post em?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brideOFkniterstein

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007 12:31:24 PM »

Does anyone have a TUT or a link to how to make swiffer covers or other cleaning projects? What about homemade cleaner recipes? If you have em would you post em?

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=165049.0

i might have to wait to jump in until june... i have a lot to do for may.

can't wait to see what everyone comes up with
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down with Personal Swaps
My Wist

BRIDES-TO-BE: i have wedding stuff i would love to swap away. pm me for list of items!
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2007 12:43:01 PM »

Cleaning product "recipes" would interest me too, I tend to use a lot of boiling water and bicarbonate of soda  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 65 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Write Movie Reviews
How to Write Tech Reviews
How to Write a Limerick
How to Write a Sonnet
Peter Ames Carlin on Narrator Bobby Cannavale
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...