A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,110
Currently Running With Scissors:
766 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: button shirt to toddler dress recon *MINTY FRESH TUTORIAL*  (Read 634619 times)
Tags for this thread: skirt , tutorial , recon , shirt , craftster_best_of_2007 , kids_clothing , toddler , girls_clothes  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cheytown
« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2007 01:51:54 PM »

Ok, a pict is worth a thousand words and I have BAD pregnant brain so I have like 4 disjointed words. Look at my picts. 8-)
Make sense?  Grin
yes! perfect sense. thank for sharing your fabulous ideas. i had been thinking about doing a tie at the waist on the next one. glad to know it works. Smiley

I just want you to know this is sooo awesome! I have found this and made one shirt dress, a skirt dress, a shirt outfit, and a dress outfit for my girls. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas. When i get a working camera ill share them with you!
Thanks!!!!
yay! i'd love to see 'em all when you're able to post 'em!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007 02:16:08 PM by cheytown » THIS ROCKS   Logged
addisyn.amelia
« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2007 06:11:18 PM »

I am so excited!  I made my first outfit today and I cant thank you enough for the tutorial! I am going to work on another dress (or two or three, lol) tonight!  TY, TY, TY!!!

Paige

Here's my pics..... What do ya think?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftcat

jump in with both feet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2007 12:26:57 AM »

I'M SO EXCITED!!!

This is the first piece of clothing I've ever attempted, and it's turning out so cute I can't wait to post until it's finished!  I'm planning to finish it tomorrow, I didn't measure very well so it's pretty loose on baby girl.

The dress, sans bottom knife pleats for the time being:

prepared pleating:

MATCHING PANTS!

pants, tied at the sides:

back of pants (I'm loving the way the sleeve's seam looks after I sewed the two legs together):

knee detail - I'm thinking about adding a false bow that matches the top tie ribbons to the very top of this slit, what do you think?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions - I'm not sure how to go back and put the side ties on now that I've sewn up the seams obsessively well...  I could use help with this part Wink

I couldn't really figure out how to make the photos be links, so if you want to see the larger versions of them check out my flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10925265@N03/
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007 12:35:17 AM by craftcat - Reason: grah... first time adding pictures ;) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheytown
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2007 02:21:37 PM »

I am so excited!  I made my first outfit today and I cant thank you enough for the tutorial! I am going to work on another dress (or two or three, lol) tonight!  TY, TY, TY!!!

Paige

Here's my pics..... What do ya think?

soooo cute! i love the livvyloo sleevy pants. and your girlie is ADORABLE. you should post the next ones in their own thread because the folks here are suckers for cute kid pics! Wink (don't know how many will see them here.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheytown
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2007 02:31:44 PM »

I'M SO EXCITED!!!

This is the first piece of clothing I've ever attempted, and it's turning out so cute I can't wait to post until it's finished!  I'm planning to finish it tomorrow, I didn't measure very well so it's pretty loose on baby girl.

yay! i'm excited for you! i'm also excited somebody decided to do knife pleats, which makes me not the only crazy person here. Wink the pants are super cute! i really like the side ties. so those are the original sleeve seams and you left them intact? really cute! i'm not sure what you mean about not knowing how to attach the side ties. do you mean the false bows at the knees? i agree it would be cute to have ties/bows there. maybe you could tack on little bows that don't untie? or it you wanted it to tie/untie, what about tacking on a single piece of ribbon (tack the middle of the length of ribbon on top of your side seam)?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftcat

jump in with both feet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2007 02:40:47 PM »

yay! i'm excited for you! i'm also excited somebody decided to do knife pleats, which makes me not the only crazy person here. Wink the pants are super cute! i really like the side ties. so those are the original sleeve seams and you left them intact? really cute! i'm not sure what you mean about not knowing how to attach the side ties. do you mean the false bows at the knees? i agree it would be cute to have ties/bows there. maybe you could tack on little bows that don't untie? or it you wanted it to tie/untie, what about tacking on a single piece of ribbon (tack the middle of the length of ribbon on top of your side seam)?

Yeah, the pleating wasn't as hard as it looked, but I thought it just made the dress so decided to try it - I've never sewn anything more difficult than a pillow, so I figure if I can manage ANYONE can!  Wink  I meant attaching the ties for the dress, because I made it too big...  I was thinking about just using the same ribbon as the pants and just sewing it on and not caring what it looks like, haha!  But - it'd be a shame to spend so much time on it and make it look like butt because I'm in an hurry, so if there's a correct way to attach the ties I'd love to know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheytown
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2007 05:05:55 PM »

I meant attaching the ties for the dress, because I made it too big...  I was thinking about just using the same ribbon as the pants and just sewing it on and not caring what it looks like, haha!  But - it'd be a shame to spend so much time on it and make it look like butt because I'm in an hurry, so if there's a correct way to attach the ties I'd love to know.
lol. i can't tell you how many things i've messed up due to my impatience. maybe that is some sort of crafter's disease? anyway... if you can't open the side seams of the dress, my thoughts on the ties are 1) use one long piece and sew it across the front of the dress, stopping at the side seams or 2) using two ties, sew each tie right side down, attached end facing the back of the dress. then flip them over so they are right side up and stitch down to conceal attached end. does that make any sense?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftcat

jump in with both feet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2007 06:32:33 PM »

lol. i can't tell you how many things i've messed up due to my impatience. maybe that is some sort of crafter's disease? anyway... if you can't open the side seams of the dress, my thoughts on the ties are 1) use one long piece and sew it across the front of the dress, stopping at the side seams or 2) using two ties, sew each tie right side down, attached end facing the back of the dress. then flip them over so they are right side up and stitch down to conceal attached end. does that make any sense?

That totally makes sense!  I made a kanzashi flower that matches the dress out of some white tshirt and a really old red button:

if I did the all the way across the front thing and put the button in the center it would really be cute I think!  Thanks a lot!  Any ideas on how to make the bagginess under the arms look better?  ha.  Maybe once the ties are on it won't be as noticeable.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007 06:35:01 PM by craftcat - Reason: add picture of kanzashi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheytown
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2007 07:54:58 PM »

if I did the all the way across the front thing and put the button in the center it would really be cute I think!  Thanks a lot!  Any ideas on how to make the bagginess under the arms look better?  ha.  Maybe once the ties are on it won't be as noticeable.
wow! that flower is awesome! how did you do that? it would be really really cute on the dress. i'm not sure there is a solution for underarm bagginess (ewww! that sounds really gross!) other than taking it in a bit at the top. maybe the tie will help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
italianchildhood

Ti canteremo noi cipressi i cori...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: August 11, 2007 06:43:27 PM »

Excellent! And the tutorial is great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://YouCraft.org ... free crafts classifieds
... with lots of cute things listed
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph a Landscape on a Grand Scale
How to Work with Formal Imagery
How to Photograph a Parking Lot
How to Create an Abstract Self Portrait
The Importance of a Sprit Leveled Tripod
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...