A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,744
Currently Running With Scissors:
493 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hurry Up Spring Armwarmers  (Read 37440 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crumpet
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2005 06:56:45 PM »

I didn't actually reverse the chart, I just changed the symbols on the chart key I printed out from the errata so that the instructions had the correct symbol for the left arm warmer.  Did that make sense?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patchworkarmy

Goin where the water tastes like wine...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2005 07:40:22 PM »

I made some, too!  here they are:

Hope you likey...
=0*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bethann
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2005 04:11:32 PM »

Here are mine. What a fun, quick knit. Like others, I had difficulty reversing the pattern, so I just did both the same way. I don't think it makes much difference. I'm a bit miffed however that my 2 skeins didn't start with the same color even though they're from the same dye lot. Is this common with Noro? It's my first time using it. Oh well.

Armwarmers

THIS ROCKS   Logged
renrig210

The devil bunny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2005 07:59:20 PM »

Bethann,

Noro skeins do that a lot.  To get mine to match up exactly, I had to play around with the second skein until it matched the beginning of the first armwarmer.  I've never used 2 skeins of noro that started in the same place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bethann
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2005 02:49:32 PM »

Ne-
Thanks for letting me know. I was starting to think someone at my LYS had taken a sample of the skein or something! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bkknits29
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2005 04:02:58 PM »

ugh...i'm so frustrated with myself. i completely finished these armwarmers, seams and everything, then when i tried them on the R one fit perfectly but the L was too big! i must have gotten really comfortable with the pattern b/c it is way too loose so i frogged the entire thing....again. i did the R one twice too. the first time i worked from the inside of the skein of noro and didn't like the colors i got so i frogged and reknit from the outside to get the prettier colors. don't think i'll do the L one yet though. i need a break. i'm almost done with tempting and about 4-5 inches in on "sexie". i'll get it done in the next couple of weeks. thanks for listening to me vent. i knew you would understand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bananalionscan
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2005 10:28:33 AM »

I finished mine a while ago but I was too lazy to post the pictures.  On the first one I pulled the yarn from the inside and then when I started my second one the yarn started at a totally different place.  I really didn't care about them being the same colors anyway.  
I also started the thumb gusset at row 35 instead of row 30 because I knew it would annoy me to have it go on my fingers. :]

« Last Edit: March 04, 2010 08:33:07 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
italian101
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2005 08:13:47 AM »

Hello all!  I am a newbie knitter and this is my first posting so remember...patience is a virtue  Wink .  I was inspired by all of the incredible photos in this thread (and the invaluable assistance with the whole knit 3 front and back and front, etc) that I decided to post a photo of my armwarmers now that they are done.  I used one skein of Manos kettle dyed and decided on using a simple aran braid from vogue knitting once I realized that the charted pattern  in SnB didn't work well with my yarn.  I had so much fun with this one that I have already purchased yarn for a second pair!

Take a look:

Until next time...italian101
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Roe
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2005 11:59:28 AM »

Italian101: BEAUTIFUL!

Roe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittycrafter
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2005 03:04:28 PM »

I finished my 1st armwarmer a couple of days ago. I think it turned out so cool. I really enjoyed making it and it's something I actually want to wear! This was also my first dpns and chart project.

Here's my armwarmer
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sabrina Jeffries Talks About Let Sleeping Rogues Lie
Kathy Ireland on Real Solutions for Busy Moms Devotional
Erin Downing Reveals Her Previous Occupations
Tony and Angela DiTerlizzi Reveal the Talents They Wish They Had
The Dressmaker Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...