A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hurry Up Spring Armwarmers  (Read 37281 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

patchworkarmy

Goin where the water tastes like wine...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2006 12:39:57 AM »

I think what it means is that for the right armwarmer, the thumb gusset is worked on the 3rd needle beginning at the end of row 30 of the chart as instructed. So to reverse the thumb gusset for the left armwarmer, you have to work 29 rows of the chart, and then start the to work the gusset on the 1st needle as instructed.  So, when it says "work row 30, needle 1:...work to row 30 of chart"  I think what it really means is: "work row 30, needle 1:...work row 30 of chart."  I think you can just disregard the "to" row 30, and just WORK row 30.  does that make sense?
  Because for the right one, you worked row 30 of the chart, and then started the gusset at the end of that round, so to start the LEFT gusset on the same round, you have to actually work the gusset increases before working row 30 from the chart.  then you can continue like you did the right one.

Hope that makes sense!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stephannie

Dig that crazy sound.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2006 11:56:34 PM »

I made some-- with the help of this thread of course!  I used a solid color yarn though... With all that work on the cables, I wanted to make sure people saw them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

turtlegirl76
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2006 06:30:34 AM »

Has anyone used Silk Garden rather than the Kureyon for these?  I'm starting them tonight for a quickie gift with an unknown deadline (a friend driving this way from the other side of the country - no arrival date, just meandering) and I'm wondering if I can get away with simply going up a needle size to account for a slight gauge variation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarasvati

love for crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2006 08:12:33 PM »

Here are mine that I made!

this pattern took a little bit of reading this forum thread to get the hang of, but once i got going it was pretty easy! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lostmittenblog.blogspot.com - my crafting blog
http://www.flickr.com/lost_mitten - my flickr
I'm Craftster's August 2009 Featured Needlework Artist!

(Mini) Nerd Swap - sign-ups right now! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=342519.0
scissorgirl
« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2006 10:24:29 PM »

Alright. It's my first cable project, and i'm already stuck on line 2!!

The (corrected) instructions say to "sl right needle through next three stitches as if to K, K through front, back, and front of all three stitches."

Huh? How on earth do i knit them when they're already on the right needle?

Can someone walk me through this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
scissorgirl
« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2006 01:40:10 PM »

Alright: i just read this past post:

Okay, slip the right needle through the stitches, but don't take them off the left needle.  Just insert the needle through all three stitches as though you were going to knit 3 together.  Instead of knitting three together, knit a stitch, but don't drop the 3 sts off the needle, then knit through the back of all three stitches at once and don't drop the three stitches off the needle, then knit through the front of all three stitches at once.  Then you can drop the three stitches off the needle.  You are taking three stitches (a purl, a knit, and a purl) and turning them into 3 stitches (3 knits).  It makes it look purty.

Does this help?

But i keep increasing. How does this work without increasing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliclimb
« Reply #116 on: October 21, 2006 08:26:30 AM »

Hmmm.  I'm not sure how you're ending up with an increase at the end of that sequence.  In theory, as the post said, you should just be converting three stitches into a different three stitches, so you'd end up with the same number.  Getting your right needle into all three stitches and then pulling loops through can be pretty awkward for this part, so I found it helpful to keep the first knit in the front loop a little loose so I could swing around and knit through the back loops and then through the front again.  Make sure that for each of those three knits that you're getting your right needle through all three of the stitches on your left needle.  That's all I can think of.  Hope it helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftypuppymom
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2006 08:55:07 PM »

This is actually my next project.  My hands are always freezing at work but I need my fingers free for typing so these are perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crow Jane
« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2006 04:18:39 AM »

Here are mine made in Kureyon #124. I am very proud of my armwarmers as they were only my second attempt at cables. I extended the pattern by 25 rows so they come further up my arms. I don't think I can wear them though, as I am really allergic to the yarn  Angry even after a soak in conditioner... but I can't bear to give them away, either.

More details on my blog:

http://crowjane.wordpress.com/2006/11/04/hurry-up-spring-armwarmers/
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007 12:48:12 AM by Crow Jane » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MorbidKnits
~FrEaKy KnItTeR~

Future Mortician Crafting Away!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2006 04:36:06 AM »

I love the colorway on these.
Excellent work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog at:
http://morbidknits.wordpress.com/

http://www.wists.com/Morbidknits

Personal Swaps? Heck Yeah! PM me!!
Yes, I am morbid and I like it that way. Shocked

"Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple." - Willy Wonka
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pumpkin Pie part 1
Planked Beerlicious Baseball Burgers
Lamb BBQ Part 2
Lamb BBQ Part 1
Honey Lager Legs Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...