A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,389
Currently Running With Scissors:
805 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hurry Up Spring Armwarmers  (Read 37247 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

renrig210

The devil bunny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004 08:04:46 AM »

It's probably just that the pattern doesn't show that great on darker yarn.  You can definitely flip the chart (easiest thing to do would be scan it and do it if you have a scanner, or if you have a good enough digital camera you could just take a picture and flip it, but a copy center works too).  The main reason I used the 2 skeins of noro was that one end tends to be much darker than the other and I had done one in a dark yarn once and it just didn't look as good.

Other than that, I don't know. 

Can't wait to see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rentpenguin
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2004 01:19:39 PM »

how could i alter the pattern to make these ribbed instead of using cables??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jpants
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2004 06:07:58 AM »

When I started the left armwarmmer, I began to read the chart left to right (ok so far). When I got to a symbol, I read the symbol right to left because I didn't think the symbols would read left to right. When I finished the first time, the pattern was no where to be found. 

i had the same problem, fortunately i noticed it after only about an inch.  i just read the pattern from right to left for the left one as well.  so the only difference between the two ended up being which needle i did the gusset on.  i finished mine, just need to sew the ends in.  i'm going to have to do  a little reinforcement  on the thumb gusset.  there are noticeable gaps on both the side where started the gusset (the first m1 on the outside) and the side where i joined the round (on the inside) to make the thumb.  i've never made gloves before, so i think i just didn't pull my stitches tight enough.  i wish i had a digital camera, but here is the colorway i used:
http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID4728469P3648064-Knitting-Yarn/Noro-Yarn/Noro-Yarn-Kureyon/New-Color-Noro-Kureyon-Green-Navy-147.aspx

just imagine that with the cable pattern and you've got it!  i think i've got enough left to make a matching kerchief from the 1st SNB.  this is my first time using kureyon and i love it!  i really want to make more pairs in lots of different colorways!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
renrig210

The devil bunny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2004 06:13:57 AM »

Really love that colorway, it's beautifu!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jpants
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2004 12:08:36 PM »

thanks.  my lys was basically destroyed by hurricane ivan and they've moved their whole operation upstairs into what used to be the storage room while they do repairs.  almost all of the yarn is still in the bags that it was shipped in, so it was kind of a shot in the dark, i couldn't actually get my hands on the yarn until i made my choice and the owner opened the bag to put price tags on it.  i'm glad i made a good choice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
renrig210

The devil bunny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2004 09:35:54 PM »

oh how horrible!  They wouldn't let you open the bags to touch on the yarn?  I mean, I know they're in a bad place right now, but wouldn't they sell more if they were a little more open to change?

Congrats on a good choice though.  That's one of the colorways I looked at way back when when I was throwin' em together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amobabe

I'm a llama's mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2004 07:15:24 PM »

how could i alter the pattern to make these ribbed instead of using cables??

I'm not familiar w/ this pattern (have yet to try it) but ribbing would be super easy. Just ignore the directions to cable and  k2, p2 each row for a wide rib or k1 p1 for a narrow rib. Or, to mix things up a bit, k2, p1. I also like moss stitch on gloves (it's so easy and looks really nice w/ variegated yarn like Noro. Here's a sample of the moss stitch(http://members.cox.net/knittingabout/graphics/mossst.jpg) w/ garter stitch up the body.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
renrig210

The devil bunny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2004 11:45:53 AM »

Since the cuff is ribbed, just keep going in the rib pattern--instead of starting the chart--until you get to a point you want to start the thumb gusset, and just continue like that.  It will work really well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rentpenguin
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2004 12:50:42 PM »

gracias
THIS ROCKS   Logged
swellgirl
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2004 06:15:28 AM »

I finally remembered my username/password!  No thanks to the site.

I love my armwarmers.  Perfect for driving.  I still have one skein left, so maybe someone will be getting a late Christmas gift.  But don't hold me to it.

The colorway is a little too dark to see the details on the picture, but they turned out great.  Nice and easy pattern.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004 06:19:08 AM by swellgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set Portrait Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Panorama Stitch Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Night Portrait Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Museum Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Manual Focus Function
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...