A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,726
Currently Running With Scissors:
671 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding in 3 months and no colors yet.. help!  (Read 1872 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DIYdani
« on: May 13, 2007 12:25:13 PM »

Okay, I need your crafty suggestions here. I'm getting married on August 3rd and I need ideas!

Here's what I have so far:
ceremony site:

reception site:

Cake Inspiration:

My Dress!:

And the back!..

This wedding will be short 'n sweet and simple so I really need simple crafty ideas for color schemes, invites, centerpieces, decorations, flowers, bridesmaid dresses, groom + groomsmen clothing...
I'm not even sure I can get bridesmaid dresses still.
please help!
 Dani
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007 12:33:11 PM by DIYdani » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovelyislacey
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007 12:35:21 PM »

there are loads of colors that are great for weddings. For my 1st wedding (were having 2 one christin one indian) back in January my colors were chocolate brown and tiffany blue. I wanted the decor to be affordable so I didnt use flowers. We has candles, rose petals and our favor boxes as out centerpieces.

Heres the link..
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=129082.0

The indian wedding will be on August 4th (day after yours) and I am thinknig about using pink and green as the colors. I am trying agin to come up with centerpieces that are not flowers becasue I have 25-30 tables to fill up this time and that would cost soooo much. Ill let you know what I find.

Have you checked out www.theknot.com? They have a great message board and some have created a DIY bio with lots of DIY ideas. Ill have to find the link  and post it for ya.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amourbliss
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007 12:38:42 PM »

For flowers this dress, to me, screams calla lillies and since your marrying in a gazebo why not decorate with an array of pomanders "kissing balls" hanging from the top to ahng down. Since the cake has berries you could also do red roses to keep it really simple.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovelyislacey
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007 12:40:22 PM »

For flowers this dress, to me, screams calla lillies and since your marrying in a gazebo why not decorate with an array of pomanders "kissing balls" hanging from the top to ahng down. Since the cake has berries you could also do red roses to keep it really simple.

I really like the idea of pomanders hanging down on teh gazebo that would be pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovelyislacey
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007 12:50:03 PM »

Here is a link with loads of ideas

http://bios.magnificentbliss.com/specialty/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIYdani
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007 02:38:47 PM »

I used to look at that knot link all the time... but now when you click on the individual links they don't work, since they changed the format of the site.  It's so sad!

I do like red to match the berries and I love the idea of a red pomander hanging. I think that will be okay with the site as long as it's just tied up. I will maybe use red rose petals to make my "aisle." I like the idea of calla lillies for bouquets too!

I thought of possible floating gardenias for centerpieces (http://www.freshroses.com/gard.html) They are beautiful and smell wonderful. Not sure if the price is worth it or not.

But I still don't know what to do for bridesmaid dresses.. I only have 3 months and for many places it's too late to order!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007 04:54:06 PM »

I would use tones to compliment your site, sage green and light blue springs to mind. Maybe baby pink?

Most importantly, use the colors that make you happy.

Because of the outdoor nature of the site, I'd use the images of fern leaves, other leaves, or simple flowers.

I just discovered Target sells bridesmaid dresses! http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/ref=sc_iw_r_1_0/?node=339794011

also, Chadwicks of Boston is a mail-order company sells formal dresses: http://www.chadwicks.com/womens-Special-Occasion.aspx?DeptId=8219

Just have the men in nice navy suits with coordinating ties.
Hope some of this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
Kurtzie
Kurtzie

kitty feet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007 05:02:58 PM »

you may not have time to order dresses but ask at a local shop you were thinking about going through.
if you can't find anything you like for all your girls one of my friends picked the color and told the girls whatever you want.
invites may be a little late to order too but you could make them yourself there are some beautiful ones that you can just print through your laser printer at home (Michaels has some and I think i just saw some at Walmart).
Congrats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, PM me!

My ETSY! Including Hooker on the Go Keychains!
http://LittleGemsbyKari.etsy.com
Sanjaa
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007 11:19:23 AM »

I personally love white, on white, on white.  That will be my wedding colour.  For the invitations and all the other paper crafts, I'd stick to black and white images.  I love that cake and the dress, and if you really want colour, maybe do red, but in small places (ie. your names on the invitations, your boquet, the centerpieses...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Arashala

Got a razorblade hat with a knife in the brim...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007 11:39:42 AM »

I'm planning a wedding too! Yay for stress, right? Wink To get my colors I just flipped through a couple of catalogs I had of flowers that will be in season for the ceremony and picked 2 that we liked. We ended up with a really cool dark purple and this peachy-pink color. Then we're also doing greenery and silver accents.

For the gazebo you could do hanging candleholders all around, I made some 5' tall for a wedding out of jack chain with glass candle cups and crystal beads around the glass which looked pretty all lit up, maybe wrap the uprights in ivy/flowers/xmas lights all wound together, you could hang those little crystals people put in windows all around the place if there will be back light. Would give it a hint of bling and look great in photos with a starburst filter. Might throw rainbows on you, though.

Calla lillies and/or red roses would look fabulous with that dress, I must agree.

For bridal party wear, if you know someone that could do it, find a fabric you like and make them, that's what I'm doing and the last wedding I decorated the bride did the same. Or you could give them a swatch with the color and let them pick out thier own attire in that shade. For groomsmen at mine, we're just having them all wear black slacks and a black button-down shirts with a tie and flower in the wedding colors. Cheap and they can all wear everything again as opposed to a rented tux!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't matter how you get your love, just make sure that you do, if I can do it bet your ass that you can do it too..." -from Don't Matter

"Just a little slice of heaven....and a little taste of hell..."  -from Slice of Heaven

both by Mama Sweet (kick ass band FYI)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw With the Pen Tool in Flash CS3
How to Draw With the Pencil Tool in Flash CS3
How to Edit Text in Photoshop CS3
How to Edit the Grid in Flash CS3
How to Feather an Image in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...