A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: MY DOG EATS YARN  (Read 5959 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spaghetti
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2007 12:10:35 PM »

My cats like to play with/chew on yarn as I'm knitting.  My dog is pretty chill now (she's 6) but when she was younger, she'd eat not only yarn (usually she'd "gut" the yarn by pulling out the yarn from the center of the skein, then drag it around the house) but also needles.  There's a reason that I use only aluminum needles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vegetarian yarnivore
Miss Mermaid Strikes Back

spirit day was crazy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2007 02:48:00 PM »

not crafty related exactly, but we have five shitzu's ((two purebreed, one mini poodle mix, one terrier mix, one bichon ((sp?)) mix)) and the two full breeds...one is obsessed with b-a-l-l-s((we have to spell it around him)) and the other is a food freak...well one afternoon i was eating a muffin, and these dogs are spoiled, they basically eat whatever it is that we're eating...and i went to give him a piece of the muffin, and george((the dog)) STOLE THE MUFFIN PAPER and ate half of it before we could get it away from him....

the other full breed pokey ((short for pokemon)) likes balls...round things...squeaky toys...etc.  hes a play brain. we think he might be a little slow. but he likes to steal my wound up skeins of yarn and then try to run outside with them.  i dread to know what he would do with one if i didnt notice it gone very quickly...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

join the september wish list swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=193590.0

www.wists.com/MissMermaid

enjoy felting? want to trade for some wool dreads? PM me!
wendy-bird
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2007 11:11:19 AM »

Well, my dog eats crayons...but only the black ones.
And my cat is my own personal paper shredder (but only for paper I need, or want, of course, like that 60% off AC Moore coupon or my French essay. Sometimes also wrapping paper.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quillian91
Maniac with Hot Glue...

Craftster: Where Tacky is Tasteful.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2007 03:43:28 AM »

My cat will sit on ANYTHING I am focusing on on, be it crocheting, knitting, fabric, Laptop, book, paper mache... This very moment she is on my kneck since I am laying down with my laptop on my lap. She already tried to lay on the laptop, but I kicked her off, so she layed where I cannot see the screen. Luckily, I can restmy head on her back and still read and type. She also likes tearing up the paper I need, such as coupons, homework assignment, unsent letters.... She also has a thing for sitting in boxes... It is like an OCD....

My dog will take whatever stuffed toy I am making 9Of which I make tons of) and will tear them in less then a minute. I have lost many things to that animal.  Angry Crocheted Amigurumi and felt stuffies are her favorite. She will also randomly grab paper plates, napkins, muffin papers, ect off the table and devour them.

And worst of all!!! WORST OF ALL::::

Sin... My snakelet. It is suprising what damage this small adorable serpent can d, obut believe me, it is shocking. I often take Sin out while I am crocheting or something, since she needs the excersise and I like having a companion I can randomly talk to. Well, When I am crocheting, she decides to slither around my fingers, so I cant move them without her scaly body getting in the way. She'll wrap around the crochet hook, my wrist, distract me by wrapping around my ear and flicking her tongue at it...

And one time, Sin crawled into the center of my skein of yarn for a scarf I was making. Apparently, this serpentine darling wanted to bury and so she nedged her way through the layers of yarn and wrapped around it all. Suddenly, I couldnt pull anymore yarn out through it and I peek and see what the problem is and this snake head is poking out from the side of the skien. I check and see that she has managed to tangle herself in it so badly that I had to carefully cut the yarn from around her. That scarf was trashed shortly after, since I had destroyed my yarn in attempt to get at my sweet snakeling!!  Angry

She is very, very lucky I love her!!!

Dante, my Bearded Dragon, will trapise his way through my yarn prjects and the yarn will cling to his spiky fat back and unravel. He also has a thing about sitting on Staplers. I swear he has a weird dragon Fetish for them, or something. When ever he is out and he spots a stapeler (I always have one near me, since I use those more often than pins) he will climb on it and get mad at me if I try to use it. I put an old one that dosent work in his cage once and it was his main 'hang out' spot...

Did I just get all the strange, mentally 'out-to-lunch' animals, or do they jsut get transfomred the moment they step claw (Or scale) into my house?! Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hazzard, Approach with caution! Especially if I am holding a Hot Glue gun!
http://www.wists.com/quillian91
glitterbirdie
Glitter Birdie

Birdie Loves Glitter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2007 06:53:51 AM »

All stories are hilarious...

My german shepherd baby loves paper,thread and bits of fabric. She is 9 mnths old and has spoiled 3 rugs, more paper and what not..

When i'm online lurking thru craftster as usual.... she tries her level best to get moi attention. I dont bother and there she goes to the kitchen and flicks onions, ginger n potatoes from the veggie basket and runs off to the terrace. Now how clever is that?? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Twitter
I looove Personal Swaps
WIST
BLOG
ellenjane
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2007 10:17:12 AM »

My dog is fascinated by my pincushion.  It's small, looks like a ball, is kind of crunchy, and I obviously want to use it myself.  What's not to like?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2007 05:54:17 AM »

So this is my dog Cheese:

He's six months old and yesterday, he grabbed an amigurumi pear in progress off the couch and ran around the house with it.  He frogged half of it.  It's a good thing he's so darn cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
Jessiac_3

But you're better than normal, you're abnormal!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2007 06:38:22 AM »

Our dog, Maddy (she's part black lab, part who-knows-what) loves to eat socks and cat toys, and whatever she can find on the counter and stove in the kitchen.  A dog I had when I was a kid loved to eat Ivory soap...such weird tastes dogs have!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just when you realize life's a b!tch, she has puppies.  - Anonymous
doo_leroux
Cross Stitch Diva

Heya!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2007 07:58:30 AM »

That is THE CUTEST DOG!!!!! I love he's sticking his tongue out! That little finker!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big project Stitchalong 2009 - Ongoing
Tea Towel Tour 5 - In Progress
amazing_784
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2008 10:33:48 AM »

I used to have 2 cats who liked to do strange things.  I also used to work at a knitting store that sold really yummy yarns.  Once I bought some beautiful Lorna's Laces angora yarn to make a hat.  While I was at work, my cats got into it.  My ex-husband sort of salvaged it, by wadding it up further and leaving it on the couch.  When I tried to untangle it, I found 3 ends in it.  heh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Alton Towers 3D Art Project
February 13th: Not-So-Good Grief
Handmade Portraits with Sophie Blackall
Amaryllis and Kimono by Fran Beallor
Falling in Love by Fran Beallor
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...