A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 299,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
579 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pantyhose/Tights/Nylons  (Read 73634 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tchrluv89
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2004 06:30:49 PM »

cut across the leg so that you get a band then stretch it so that curls up and wear it as a necklace
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indie anna 58
"I am for an art that is political-erotical-mystical, that does something other than sit on its @ss in a museum." Claes Oldenburg

No Beefcake Without Irony

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2004 03:08:30 PM »

If you want to wear a wig next Hallowe'en (or before -- whatever) you cut part of one leg off, tie a knot in it and pull it down over your hair -- even if you have long, thick hair the wig will slide on -- no problem.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Glitter on the mattress
Glitter on the highway
Glitter on the front porch
Glitter on the hallway
-LoveShack/The B52s
jill
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2004 08:34:13 PM »

Another frugal thing to do with two pairs of identical (but torn) tights or nylons: cut the torn leg off each pair and wear both pairs together. You'll end up with two legs and two "panties", but who'll know?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

join me in my world, where the skies are always sunny
Ollin

Write your personal text here

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2004 06:30:17 PM »

I remember than in a fashion class that i had last year, we had to take a piece of cloth and turn it into something totally different and a girl got a net like pantyhose and she cut the feet part and in the butt area and suddenly she had a very sexy wearable sort of blouse, was amazingly easy

but as you have post this in january, probably you've done already something to them...

anyway...greetings
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everything you can imagine is real.
                                  "Pablo Picasso"
wizkid
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2004 07:19:00 PM »

Jillian Jig's little pigs! We made those in first grade, and they are ADORABLE. At least I thought so 13 years ago. It would be cute to have a little harringbone pig
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the blog: http://katiesredumbrella.blogspot.com/

the etsy: http://katiecanavan.etsy.com

ravelry: serafinapekkala
sparetoast
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2004 08:37:15 PM »

a girl in my sculpture class used nylons to make a blanket.  i think she cut up the legs into little loops and wove them on one of those potholder looms - or maybe she made her own loom with nails and wood frame?  then she tied them together with delicate leftover loops and bows.  anyway, the effect came out nice with different colored hose, and i'm sure it would be soft and warm.  she said that one pair of nylons could make two squares.  be forewarned, a hundred nylon squares linked together is very tiny!  so you'd have quite a project ahead if you wanted to make it people-sized.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2004 01:38:55 PM »

I love making stocking people! My art teacher makes really cute ones... mine doesn't compare, but here it is, anyway:

All I did was take an old knee-high that didn't fit and cut the top off. I used cotton batting (you can use the insides of an old pillow, if you want, or even cotton balls) to stuff the toes and leg. I made it into a round shape, much like a potato.
Then I tied up the top. I sewed into it, making a round nose. Next, I drew on facial features using a sharpie. You can attach googley eyes, yarn for hair, or a button for the nose. Be creative! My art teacher has an Elvis one, a leprechan, a santa claus, etc. The list can go on and on.
You can even make really little ones and attach them to pin-backs and add cloth decorartions. My art teacher did this and they looked really cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TABTAG
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2004 10:08:24 PM »

cut them across and use the loops for the weaving loams to make pot holders.Or their was that purse made with those loops. Saw it in the purse topics
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jellybellyz89
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2004 02:06:00 PM »

ive seen so many kids wearing panyhose necklaces. they string on a guitar pick or  a cute bead or something the panyhose is really comftorable and cute looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheesedip

Llama? Hmmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2004 11:05:47 AM »

I love crocheting with them. One of my favourite and most odd hats is made of old nylons. My friend has a sweater that looks like it is made of old nylons, and they really do make a fab yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."
- G. B. Burgin
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bald and the Beautiful: Anthony Eats America Ep. 1 - Deleted Scene
Spam Kulebiak with Peggy Linberg in Upland, CA
Award-Winning Chili With Christine Knight-Ober in San Antonio, TX
Southern Tomato Pie Recipe
Grilling Without The Grill: Steak With Bourbon Butter Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...