A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Machine Knitted Stuff *edit* Pinwheel Afghan w/Pillow pattern on page 2  (Read 7555 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern , machine_knitting  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dancingbarefoot
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2007 05:37:22 PM »

Great find! Smiley

The LK-140 was the model right before the LK-150 (Studio/Silver Reed). The manuals aren't available free online like Brother manuals are, but if you ask on MACHKNIT or the Yahoo group Knittingmachines, someone's bound to have a copy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1. All fungi are edible.
2. Some fungi are not edible more than once.
~~Terry Pratchett~~

my blog | index of free machine knitting patterns
supermedic
SUPERMEDIC

Live Love Laugh But Laugh the Most

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2007 05:51:22 PM »

thanks, i did find the instructions for the lk150 (apparently the only difference is the number of needles) but cant seem to get the carriage to cast on for me.  any ideas what i might be doing wrong?Huh  i followed the instructions but after running across and putting all the needles in b pos and running back through again it won't cast on like it is supposed to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dancingbarefoot
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2007 05:13:47 PM »

What type of cast on are you attempting (open or closed)? You might want to try an e-wrap cast-on if whatever you're doing isn't working on the first try or so. It takes longer but leaves a finished edge.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1. All fungi are edible.
2. Some fungi are not edible more than once.
~~Terry Pratchett~~

my blog | index of free machine knitting patterns
supermedic
SUPERMEDIC

Live Love Laugh But Laugh the Most

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2007 05:59:40 AM »

thanks so much.  finally got it to knit last night.  apparently the sponge dry rotted from sitting in the box for soo long.  tried to buy new one at home depot but not the season for weatherstripping but i rigged some at home by putting two layers and now it is knitting just fine--or as fine as it goes when you first start knitting.  each row got a little easier (just like my bond).  i did get a hard copy of the directions.  some very sweet nice person scanned her book and zip file emailed it to me.  how wonderful is that.  i love this even more than my bond.  the lady that emailed me the directions told me everything i hate about my bond i will find is gone with this machine and she is right.  i just need to get a better feel for the carriage but if i remember right this took time with my bond also.  i knit one quick dishcloth last night and have to do at least 2 more for a swap i am in and then its time to play with my new baby and try some 2 yarn knitting and some cool stitches that my bond doesn't do or doesn't do easily.  i love this new machine (and esp the price of it).  i hope my mom takes some time fixing the serger she is giving me so i can finish learning this new toy before i get another one.  lol.

i wasn't sure about the cast on since they said just run it through and the cast off surely threw me since they had you just knit it off the machine (but it didn't come off like they said) but later in the instruction book it said to take off like you do on the bond.  i will do that today with the dishclothes.  do you know any good sites for patterns?Huh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shortstuff411

Yarn Frog Princess and sometime Knittin' Kitten

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2007 01:15:01 PM »

I'd like to pop in here and say I'd like a machine knit section too.  Grin

I've got a brother machine (in fact, I have 2, but one is up and running- permanently in the lounge, the other needs some tlc) 

I am just learning to use it, and I am due to attempt my first project on it tomorrow. It's only a plain back for a cushion, but it's a start.

Someone asked about where to find patterns. I've found it really hard to find them online, the best way to find them is going through the book section at charity shops, but don't expect anything funky, it will probably be hideous 1980's creations!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have...
actionallison
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2007 02:07:40 PM »

I would also like to see a machine knit folder...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
april_cocaine
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2007 03:21:41 PM »

I just bought my second machine. I've already got a Brother KH 710, and my new one is a Brotehr KH 260.

I mainly bought the new one, as it has the punch-card thing. Although - upon further inspection, there's no cards with it Sad
I got a ribber, a colour changer and a leader (i tihink that's what it's called) as well. The ribber has punch-cards too, which make some really pretty stitch patterns.

Can I buy any 24 hole cards for my mahcine, or do they have to be brother ones?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreadlocklove
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2014 07:50:01 AM »

Reviving this thread!  One of my crafty resolutions for 2014 is to learn how to use my knitting machine, which was a garage sale find and offered to me for my birthday a couple of years ago by my mom.  I got to taking it out of the box the other day but couldn't use it because I'm waiting on a new sponge bar to be shipped to me.

Who else is into machine knitting? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nikki Sixx Talks About Heroin Diaries Part 2
Rebecca Traister Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Brian Jennings Talks About Censorship
Under the Dome Book Trailer
An Interview with Michael Yapko
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...